Sprint Car World Championship Mansfield 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint Car World Championship Mansfield 2018

BREAKING NEWS: $100,000 To Win Sprint Car World Championship Set For April 27th/28th 2018 at Mansfield Motor Speedway! Top 3 finishers of this weekends Great Lakes Dirt Nationals to be locked into next years event. Full Story: http://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.com/scwc_2018/

Wow. That's great news! I'm very excited and happy that Sommer is willing to put on a show like this! Gonna be something else!!!

Get out the popcorn and sit back and watch this one play out.

Direct conflicts with Attica & Fremont who are both right up the road. All Stars early swing into Posse land is that time frame. World of Outlaws has had a bouncing of hosts that weekend thru the years but sanctioning directly against two tracks that support them? I find that interesting. Where will Sommers get the cars and stars to pay that kind of purse?

Comment

Sommer worked around the tracks last year for a schedule, I'd be quite surprised if any ohio track attempts to run a competing 410 show on that weekend against this. All stars typically don't schedule against big events (Kings royal, knoxville nats, etc) and this falls under that. Sommer staked his claim for Mansfield that weekend. If you looked at the reaction on Twitter theres already about 20+ drivers who said they'd be there next year or commented to the effect that it seems like they're going. A lot of them are Fremont/Attica/WCS regulars too.

Comment

Yep alms late models for Attica that Friday and probably boss at Fremont. Who knows, maybe boss at both tracks but neither will rob their regulars a chance at that kinda money.

Comment

When you're paying that kind of money, who cares about conflicts? It's up to everyone else to work with you if you're willing to pay double what the Kings Royal pays.

Comment

That did not take long. Post #2.

Comment

Interesting announcement. I would be interested in seeing the rest of the purse for this event. It is top loaded or will it be spread through out the entire field? Whenever a new event like this is scheduled, so many other questions come to mind. Ticket prices and pit gate prices will be interesting to see as well. Also it will be interesting to see what other tracks in the area do for their normal night of racing. Also will be interesting to see what this show is really going to be. Is it going to be a sanctioned event or open competition? Big money many times doesn't necessarily mean huge fields of cars. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                BREAKING NEWS: $100,000 To Win Sprint Car World Championship Set For April 27th/28th 2018 at Mansfield Motor Speedway! Top 3 finishers of this weekends Great Lakes Dirt Nationals to be locked into next years event. Full Story: http://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.com/scwc_2018/

Wow. That's great news! I'm very excited and happy that Sommer is willing to put on a show like this! Gonna be something else!!!
                Yep good news indeed ... now we wait to see what it actually pays? What it will cost to get into this event? What will the purse be for the field? Who will actually come to this event?

Originally posted by featurewinner View Post
                Get out the popcorn and sit back and watch this one play out.

Direct conflicts with Attica & Fremont who are both right up the road. All Stars early swing into Posse land is that time frame. World of Outlaws has had a bouncing of hosts that weekend thru the years but sanctioning directly against two tracks that support them? I find that interesting. Where will Sommers get the cars and stars to pay that kind of purse?
                We will have to wait and see what happens ...This is the big question especially if it isn't a WoO or All-Star race. Will the race fans support a event if it is locals and invaders only type of event? How much will the race fan be willing to pay if it isn't a WoO or All-Star show especially if they know those teams/drivers might not be there? Heck will the local teams support this event even though they really haven't so far this year ... (meaning Attica/Fremont/FAST/Wayne County regulars).

Let's hope they can work it out to at least be a All-Star show. Would love to see it be a WoO show, but will they be willing to change their schedule around for this one event in Ohio? Eldora use to have the WoO there earlier in the year just a few years ago. This past year they was at Plymouth, Indiana that weekend only so it is quite possible Mansfield could take that spot or leave it open for teams to race.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                Sommer worked around the tracks last year for a schedule, I'd be quite surprised if any ohio track attempts to run a competing 410 show on that weekend against this. All stars typically don't schedule against big events (Kings royal, knoxville nats, etc) and this falls under that. Sommer staked his claim for Mansfield that weekend. If you looked at the reaction on Twitter theres already about 20+ drivers who said they'd be there next year or commented to the effect that it seems like they're going. A lot of them are Fremont/Attica/WCS regulars too.
                I didn't really see him working around other tracks or events this year.

Again we will all have to wait and see once the emotion wears off.

Remember a lot of those "locals" haven't even went to Mansfield yet so we will wait and see.

It's going to take a lot more than just locals to pull of this event ... I am betting something is in the works, but hasn't been announced yet. Your not going to put that kind of money up if you don't think you can get the best of the best in sprint car racing there. If the best aren't there your likely not going to get the fans either.

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                Yep alms late models for Attica that Friday and probably boss at Fremont. Who knows, maybe boss at both tracks but neither will rob their regulars a chance at that kinda money.
                Mansfield has had "double" purse of Fremont/FAST and nearly Attica, but not many "locals" have supported it to this point.

Also remember it is only one position right now of the pay window ... let's wait and see what the rest of it before we act like nobody should schedule against this race. I wish Mansfield well and likely will be there weather permitting, but if I was those other local tracks I would run my normal schedule and see where the chips fall. Don't allow another track to change your schedule or your likely going to do it all the time.

As of right now ... two thumbs up to Mansfield for going "all-in" and making this happen. Now we will likely wait months if not longer to get more details about this racing event/weekend.

Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post
                When you're paying that kind of money, who cares about conflicts? It's up to everyone else to work with you if you're willing to pay double what the Kings Royal pays.
                That is only one position lets wait and see what the purse is going to be first.

A lot of the Attica, Fremont, FAST, and Wayne County guys didn't support this track so far this year and they had double of what Fremont/FAST pays and still couldn't get them to come to the track.

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post
                Interesting announcement. I would be interested in seeing the rest of the purse for this event. It is top loaded or will it be spread through out the entire field? Whenever a new event like this is scheduled, so many other questions come to mind. Ticket prices and pit gate prices will be interesting to see as well. Also it will be interesting to see what other tracks in the area do for their normal night of racing. Also will be interesting to see what this show is really going to be. Is it going to be a sanctioned event or open competition? Big money many times doesn't necessarily mean huge fields of cars. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
                Agree 100% ... I am betting they are waiting to see if the WoO call ... they won't release a purse before knowing who is coming and who isn't.

Will the fans show up if they are paying 40-50 dollars and knowing the WoO and All-Stars won't be there? Will Knoxville schedule a racing event so their guys won't come to this event like they have done for other major events? Will PA have the All-Stars there for a big 3-day weekend race event to try and keep their teams going to Ohio.

Two thumbs up for Mansfield and having some excitement to their track and getting some bigtime pub right now. Good Job!

Comment

I did see David Gravel said on Twitter to the Outlaws that they need to make this a WoO event because they shouldn't be missing money shows. I half wonder if this wasn't part of the plan, to kind of "force" (I use that word very loosely) the WoO into coming to the track by offering a potential winner's prize that's only matched by the Knoxville Nationals in the current day. All stars I imagine will schedule around it, they usually do for the bigger events which is something I really appreciate about the series.

Comment

Sure hope it happens,better start praying to the weather gods now.Many questions remain but I bet it has created a lot conversations in the sprint car world.Damn I wish Steve Kinser was still racing,seems like this event would suit him .Sorry I just can't let go of the past.

Comment

Is this what it would've been like in late 1983 when Earl announced the Kings Royal had the internet existed back then? So many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
                        Is this what it would've been like in late 1983 when Earl announced the Kings Royal had the internet existed back then? So many questions.
                        People thought he was crazy. At that time most local shows were paying maybe 1,000 to win, 2,500 for all-star.

Comment

I dont think this race needs to be sanctioned at all. If it was sanctioned, the group would take a huge fee cutting profit to Mansfield.
                          My opinion is the WoO is not what it used to be and I dont spend my money to watch them. It seems to cater to the select few more than it did.
                          Some very successful promoters in the past have run big non sanctioned shows that were excellent with big car counts and fans.

As to saying the locals did not support the track, at most events the Wayne County cars made up half the fields in most divisions.

I would actually rather watch the locals and true outlaws compete at this race.

Comment

If he wants to make money off of this event he has to have the big name drivers in there, All Stars and WoO drivers to draw the fans. In order to have them in attendance it has to be a WoO or All Star sanctioned race otherwise those drivers are not allowed to attend.

Comment

Common sense has to prevail and everyone should work together for this event. Assuming the promoter has the money to pay this purse, Attica and Fremont need to shut down that week, the WoO either needs to sanction it or stay idle, the All Stars need to stay idle and we all need to get behind this promoter.

Its not like they took a prime summer date from anyone, this has the potential to be a great spring time event but the time is now to put aside petty arguments and make this event a success.

Comment

Working...
                              X