Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said dsc1600

Comment

If you want to see sprint car racing grow, Support the big shows! It provides opportunities for all involved! If the promoter does his home work this could be the second biggest show of the year for all the world to see!

Comment

If the woo don't sanction it then the allstars better. I mean that's a great selling point to your teams that follow your series all year. 100k to win. Have to be 3,000 to start I would imagine. You would get to use your provisionals too. Hopefully the Haudenchilds can run that show no matter who sanctions it.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          I dont think this race needs to be sanctioned at all. If it was sanctioned, the group would take a huge fee cutting profit to Mansfield.
          My opinion is the WoO is not what it used to be and I dont spend my money to watch them. It seems to cater to the select few more than it did.
          Some very successful promoters in the past have run big non sanctioned shows that were excellent with big car counts and fans.

As to saying the locals did not support the track, at most events the Wayne County cars made up half the fields in most divisions.

I would actually rather watch the locals and true outlaws compete at this race.
          You must not have been to many WoO races lately then?

In fact the WoO are better (IMO) now than they have been in a very long time. They have 8 guys that have won a race that are on the full tour. They have probably 10-11 guys that could get a win this season or have been running well most of the time. The WoO have dominated the CA area, the PA area, Knoxville area, and also Ohio area. I believe 8 other drivers have gotten a WoO win this year against the tour (Kyle Larson (Nascar), Christopher Bell (Nascar), Rico Abreu, Brian Brown, Ian Madsen, Kerry Madsen, PPM, and Brock Zearfoss. So your not talking about your normal local guys picking up a win to often and probably half of those guys have ran probably 50% of the WoO races this year (Brown, Abreu, Madsen's, and PPM.

If you want fans to come from across the country to see this race and pack it then it better be a WoO race. No offense to Brad Haudenschild, Travis Philo, Lee Jacobs, and Cole Duncan, but your not going to pack the place with those type of drivers as your main headline guys along with the Attica, Atomic, Fast, Fremont, and Wayne County guys. Sprinkled in with a few invaders from possibly Knoxville or PA.

What successful promoters have had a event that lasted and had good car counts, huge crowds, etc... I can't really think of one right now.

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
          If he wants to make money off of this event he has to have the big name drivers in there, All Stars and WoO drivers to draw the fans. In order to have them in attendance it has to be a WoO or All Star sanctioned race otherwise those drivers are not allowed to attend.
          Agree 100% ... if you want to pay top dollar than you want the best in the business there as well which means the WoO ... I can't see myself going to pay 40.00 or higher for a ticket to watch the FAST and few invaders run around for the 100,000 to win.

Also you don't want this to be a one time race ... you want this to be a event that carries on. I just don't see this catching on year after year if it isn't sanctioned by the WoO or bring in fans like Knoxville does for the nationals or Eldora does for the King's Royal.

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
          If the woo don't sanction it then the allstars better. I mean that's a great selling point to your teams that follow your series all year. 100k to win. Have to be 3,000 to start I would imagine. You would get to use your provisionals too. Hopefully the Haudenchilds can run that show no matter who sanctions it.
          Again it will be interesting to see what the purse breakdown will be, but I am not betting on the 3,000 to start from him.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree the WoO needs to be involved, if not the sanctioning body then at least supporting it by not scheduling against it.

As as far as the purse, I could care less it's super top heavy. It shouldn't need to be 3k to start to get cars. It's 100k to win, that winners share alone is more than 95% of sprint car purses.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post
              I wholeheartedly agree the WoO needs to be involved, if not the sanctioning body then at least supporting it by not scheduling against it.

As as far as the purse, I could care less it's super top heavy. It shouldn't need to be 3k to start to get cars. It's 100k to win, that winners share alone is more than 95% of sprint car purses.
              I can't see the WoO's not having a race that weekend if it isn't at Mansfield. They have allowed guys before race when they are off or rained out, but if they aren't involved they might play hard ball with Mansfield to try and make it a WoO race in the future and show they not only they bring the cars to a big event, but also the fans as well.

The problem is that only one guy gets the 100k ... so the rest of the field gets the rest which we have no idea what it will be, but looking at past purses he has really had the top part heavy and the back part pretty much the same from 11th on back.

Why I doubt it is 3,000 to start like mentioned earlier is how he has other purses whether it be at the dome or Mansfield ... such as this weekends race of 13th through 22nd for Saturday nights race is $500.00 so why "race" if your 10 laps in and in the middle to the back of the pack and mess your stuff up? Pull in and place 22nd and get the same money as the 13th place guy.

Will likely be there if it is a WoO or All-Star race, but again wanting more details such as the price of admission especially after seeing what this weekends gate prices are ... wow.

Comment

That is where the mind set has changed. It seems like the tracks, drivers too are being held captive by the sanctions. Last I heard It was around $80,000 fee for a WoO show. If you are not Eldora or Knoxville it is much harder to make a profit. Sanctions such as WoO favor their series guys and seldom are there outside winners. We have all kind of grey rules and provisionals that favor WoO drivers it seems at times.

Truthfully I would rather see All Stars than WoO as there are more winners not running the series.

When you had Don Martin, Earl Baltes, and some others in 1970s 1980s and early 90s putting on non sanctioned money shows, they did well.
                Unfortunately that has gone away. I like Mansfield making a stand alone show. I hope they are very successful.
                Looking back at Knoxville winners it has been Scholtz and more Scholtz.
                I dont want to pay money to see a select few be the winner. I want it to be truly more of the field having many drivers being able to win.

Everyone has their opinion and that is great. I have to smile at the ones who have never been to this track at some of their thoughts on how it should be and they get upset at those who support this track.

See I like to see drivers like Mitch15 have a chance to make the show.

Comment

I don't believe it needs to be sanctioned is the chilly bowl sanctioned? and they don't even have a big pay out. I believe the drivers of the sanctioning bodies will want to come to this race. for the good of the sport woo and the all-stars should support it by letting there drivers compete, it would be a great marketing tool woo vs all-stars vs posse vs fast vs ect. ect. as far as drivers pulling off this weekend its a fast points race I don't think they will pull off.

Comment

Pulling off is a lot like pulling out. In the heat of the moment you tend to forget even when you plan to do so..

Comment

Originally posted by wrencher81 View Post
                      I don't believe it needs to be sanctioned is the chilly bowl sanctioned? and they don't even have a big pay out. I believe the drivers of the sanctioning bodies will want to come to this race. for the good of the sport woo and the all-stars should support it by letting there drivers compete, it would be a great marketing tool woo vs all-stars vs posse vs fast vs ect. ect. as far as drivers pulling off this weekend its a fast points race I don't think they will pull off.
                      Here is the problem though ... if having a "big race" can get the WoO's to the track without a WoO race either the night before or even that event and the organizations saying it is fine without paying the fees than why wouldn't more tracks do it? Especially if the "fees" of RRacer are correct? Put that money on the "to win prize" and get the WoO teams there by not paying the fees. Then it becomes when is it a big race and what isn't and what races will the WoO or any other organization say it is okay for their teams to race at or can't race? Is 20,000 to win a big race or does it have to be a certain number to win or a certain amount of purse for the A-main?

At some point in time the organization has to protect its brand and tell teams, fans, owners, tracks that we aren't coming and see how long that event last without them or simply after a couple of years if successful their teams have to decide if they want to race in it anyway or change their minds. At some point in time the track either has to go on without the WoO and see what happens or they have to put up the money to get them there. Of course the bottom line is the fans and will the fans come to a event knowing that the best in sprint car racing won't be there. Most know that the fans will come for the first race to see what happens just like most did for the first dirt truck race at Eldora, but the fans have gotten less and less for that event over a short period of time while the Kings Royal continues to have one of the largest crowds in sprint car racing each and every year. So can a event survive year after year and prosper without the WoO and have a crowd like the Nationals or Kings Royal ... I say nope and that means the ticket prices would be extremely high and likely the attendance not that good. That is what I love about the Kings Royal your not paying much more than a normal WoO race and you know they are giving away $328,000 (or whatever the exact number was this year) back to the teams, drivers, owners that are entertaining the fans.

As for this weekend ... I hope it is a success for Mansfield because they are putting it on the line by having this event.

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                      That is where the mind set has changed. It seems like the tracks, drivers too are being held captive by the sanctions. Last I heard It was around $80,000 fee for a WoO show. If you are not Eldora or Knoxville it is much harder to make a profit. Sanctions such as WoO favor their series guys and seldom are there outside winners. We have all kind of grey rules and provisionals that favor WoO drivers it seems at times.

Truthfully I would rather see All Stars than WoO as there are more winners not running the series.

When you had Don Martin, Earl Baltes, and some others in 1970s 1980s and early 90s putting on non sanctioned money shows, they did well.
                      Unfortunately that has gone away. I like Mansfield making a stand alone show. I hope they are very successful.
                      Looking back at Knoxville winners it has been Scholtz and more Scholtz.
                      I dont want to pay money to see a select few be the winner. I want it to be truly more of the field having many drivers being able to win.

Everyone has their opinion and that is great. I have to smile at the ones who have never been to this track at some of their thoughts on how it should be and they get upset at those who support this track.

See I like to see drivers like Mitch15 have a chance to make the show.
                      Your figures seem pretty high from what I was told unless your talking the total purse included with the "fees" of the WoO. Remember most teams I believe get 800.00 tow money for the WoO I believe or was around there and they have 15 teams so that helps those teams along with the fans knowing those guys will be at the track every single night.

Then you throw in the largest purse of any sprint car sanctioning body which is near 50,000 for a normal night of racing with 10,000 going to the winner and 800 to start in a 24 car field which helps the racing teams/drivers. Compared to just barely over 12,000 at Attica, just under 12,000 at Fremont, and Wayne County just above 8,000 so the money for the fees goes back to the teams, drivers, owners for quite a bit of that money which in return the track usually gets one of its largest paydays of the year because of ticket prices, attendance, and also concessions where they probably get a big upswing compared to normal night of racing.

Like it or not ... what you see is what you get and the quality is in the eyes of the beholder and some don't want to see the best and root on the little guy while others want to see the best in the business no matter who they are. I am fine with that and each is their own, but for my entertainment dollar I want to see the best in sprint car racing the most I can especially when I am paying quite a bit of money at the ticket window.

Do I want to see Mitch15 make the show? Sure, but I am betting he would be pretty pumped and feel a lot better knowing he beat some of the best in the country getting into the feature than just being a regular local type show as well.

Comment

Look at was happened to some shows that became sanctioned. Some lost their luster or no show at all. Car counts went down because the small guy knows that the big guy will be there. BTW wouldn't there have been a race tonight in Oskaloosa. If you are so keen on having it sanctioned then pay back in the b & c & not give all the money to those that start.

Also remember that the big sanctions have corporate sponsors where the little guy might be footin the bill. Not everyone has Bill's Garage or Sap Suckers Pub anymore.

The Mopar Million payed 10,000 to start, why, wasn't 200,000. 150,000 & 125,000 enough for the top 3. I said this before & someone spoke up & said it wasn't charity, well go ahead then & keep the smaller teams home.

A big money show this early in the season. WOW. The WOO could drop the dipshit rule for this race unless it actually interferes with the next show, simple as that.

Comment

It's nowhere near 80k fee to bring the Outlaws in, if you include the normal purse, that's probably where you get the number.

Its silly to have the 2nd biggest winners share in the country and not want the absolute best in the business there.

Comment

About 5 years ago it was 55,000 purse 20,000 sanction

Comment

Easy does it here,this event was just announced yesterday and look at all the commotion on this board.I am sure more details will be forthcoming.After all Santa Claus hasn't even gotten his sleigh out yet.Get out and enjoy the races this weekend at Mansfield.

Comment

Yes the figure was including all.

Plus the sanction then dictates how you run the show which ties the promoters hands if they have different ideas on the event.

How many of you posting here have actually attended in person the races at Mansfield?

Dont count the ones who keep saying they will go but never do.

Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X