No announcement yet.

Sprint Car World Championship Mansfield 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to the first race, and the all star rain out, and sat down just in time to here the first try at the second triple crown race rain out. Didn't make it back for the Lucas Oil show although it sounded good, also couldn't make the Sunday show due to school the following day back in Dayton. But I've enjoyed it everytime I've been there, even the 3 hr wait the first night but the racing was worth it.

Comment

I haven't posted on the particular Mansfield thread but I have on some previous threads. Only shows I've missed were the All Star race (had previous family plans) and the 4 cylinder race for the fair. I've enjoyed every race I've been there for. First night was long and drawn out but racing was good. Lucas Oil show was excellent even though the car count was less than I had hoped. Last Triple Crown night was some of the best racing that I've seen in all 3 divisions. Obviously people talk about the Rico, Macedo, and Bayston show and the Schlenk/Miley show but Tyler Gunn was a BLAST to watch ripping the high side in the non wing A-main.

Comment

I could care less if the race is sanctioned or not. But I want to see the track do good and have more races in the future. Putting up this kind of money could easily bankrupt a racetrack. So to make money or to break even you have to have a large crowd. The best way to get a large crowd is to have names to draw people in. People do come to see the outlaw drivers, and the WoO name itself draws several people. That's why I say that it has to be a sanctioned race. Otherwise you lose those people and lose a large portion of your income.

As for start money, it should be comparable to the winners purse. Paying $100,000 to win and $100 to start isn't going to bring racers in. Especially for a 2 day show that only has one payout (the press release mentioned that Friday was all the prelims and saturday were the mains).

Comment

The Historical Big One was always a non-sanctioned race if I remember right. Earl could pull it off. He was a very powerful man in racing. It will be interesting to see if someone else can. I also believe the purse for the HBO was very, very top heavy.

Comment

I was there for the opener, the soup bowl, and the tornado. Going this Friday and Saturday weather permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
              I was there for the opener, the soup bowl, and the tornado. Going this Friday and Saturday weather permitting.
              That tornado was shaping up to be a hell of a feature too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                Look at was happened to some shows that became sanctioned. Some lost their luster or no show at all. Car counts went down because the small guy knows that the big guy will be there. BTW wouldn't there have been a race tonight in Oskaloosa. If you are so keen on having it sanctioned then pay back in the b & c & not give all the money to those that start.

Also remember that the big sanctions have corporate sponsors where the little guy might be footin the bill. Not everyone has Bill's Garage or Sap Suckers Pub anymore.

The Mopar Million payed 10,000 to start, why, wasn't 200,000. 150,000 & 125,000 enough for the top 3. I said this before & someone spoke up & said it wasn't charity, well go ahead then & keep the smaller teams home.

A big money show this early in the season. WOW. The WOO could drop the dipshit rule for this race unless it actually interferes with the next show, simple as that.
                What sanctioned track lust it's luster? What car counts have went down? The Doty race is still one of the highest car counts of the year. The Kings Royal had 60 cars and that is after 2 nights of racing already.

The Kings Royal does pay back in the C and B-mains.

Originally posted by Blaniac1 View Post
                The Historical Big One was always a non-sanctioned race if I remember right. Earl could pull it off. He was a very powerful man in racing. It will be interesting to see if someone else can. I also believe the purse for the HBO was very, very top heavy.
                Well the HBO is no longer running either even with Earl having it. Several reasons why (IMO) such as to close to Knoxville (believe it use to be the week before) and also not that far after the King's Royal so the crowd started going down each year it ran them.

Earl was very powerful in the sprint car world because he helped the WoO get started by having them at his track many times (I believe 9-10 times the first year) and he also had a say on who else could have a WoO race in Ohio for quite along time too.

Remember this about the HBO ... yes the Saturday show was non-sanctioned, BUT they had USAC there on Wednesday night, All-Stars Thursday night, and WoO's on Friday night ... so they had everybody there already.

Most here want Mansfield to be successful and have a event that last a very long time ... not just last 3-4 years and seeing the crowds go down along with the car counts.

Comment

Working...
                X