Mansfield Aug 11 & 12 drivers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield Aug 11 & 12 drivers?

I will be going to the show. Just curious as to what drivers may be there. I saw Cale Conley, Caleb Armstrong, and Brock Zearfoss is supposed to be there. Anybody know of others?

Danny Smith, Ryan Ruhl in Landon Simon winged car Saturday as Landon runs it Friday night.

Obviously you have the 8-9 guys from the OSCS that have to be there along with the FAST 9-10 guys. Haven't heard much from the locals at Attica, Fremont, or Wayne County. You would think it would be a good time for those locals to try and make a feature and get some good starting money since you don't have to worry about invaders or all-stars for the most part being at this race even if you only start and park since he has the 500.00 to start from 13th till 22nd on Saturday night for the 410's.

FAST: DJ Foos, Chris Andrews, Brian Lay, Tyler Gunn, Stuart Brubaker, Dwayne Zablocki, Byron Reed?, Shawn Valenti, Jody Keegan, Dan McCarron, Adam Kekich.
    OSCS: Smith, Nuckles, Reeser, Myers, Conley, Davis, Imler, Webb, Crabtree, Blair.

Not many drivers/teams have talked about going whether they was local or not from what I have seen on twitter or followed.

Guess the easiest thing to do is look at Knoxville qualifying nights and check those drivers off the list.

All-stars or somewhat locals who have been in and around Ohio this year who are headed to Knoxville and won't be there.

PPM, Macedo, Helms, Paige, Bayston, Shaffer, Cruea, Bacon, Dale Blaney, Roger Campbell, McFadden, Kemenah, Cole Duncan, Rico, Dietrich, Starks, and Lee Jacobs.

So who does that leave for "invaders" or even locals that will make the trip to Mansfield?

The big question for me is fans willing to spend $35.00 on Friday night and $40.00 on Saturday for this event?

Looks like he is trying to get people to help pay for Saturday night by attending the Friday night show because honestly I don't see how the Friday night show is worth it (IMO), but that is just me and only paying 3,000 to win for 410 winged sprints ... 2,000 to win for boss ... and 2,000 to win for the 305's. For $5.00 more on Saturday you at least know the purse is going to be better and going to the drivers/teams.

Thinking about going Saturday, but haven't decided yet ... might see what the car count looks like along with still recovering in the wallet department from the Doty / Royal weekend.

Comment

Brad Haud, Danny Mumaw, Tyler Dunn, Andrew Paulker have supported the majority of events there from WCS side. Also, tickets are only $20/$30 at the gate and $15/$25 online. Which for what the payout is the online price is dead on for what the event is. My dad and I are currently planning on attending both events if nothing comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        Brad Haud, Danny Mumaw, Tyler Dunn, Andrew Paulker have supported the majority of events there from WCS side. Also, tickets are only $20/$30 at the gate and $15/$25 online. Which for what the payout is the online price is dead on for what the event is. My dad and I are currently planning on attending both events if nothing comes up.
        Sorry was looking at the pit pass prices ...

PIT PASS PRICES:

AUGUST 10th – PRACTICE DAY – $20

AUGUST 11th – ADULT $35 – CHILDREN UNDER 10 – $15

AUGUST 12th – ADULT $40 – CHILDREN UNDER 10 – $20

Still (IMO) seems a little high for tickets (20.00/30.00 especially when most fans will be paying at the gate) especially knowing it isn't a WoO, All-Star, or likely many invaders coming to this event. I am not a big non-wing fan so only know a few of the USAC guys.

Still debating on going Saturday or hitting the PPV and watching Knoxville ... Now if Mansfield had a large monitor and was showing the PPV of Knoxville that might get me there (nice idea IMO) would be a great promotion (IMO) for fans to come to the races along with watching the Nationals as well and stay after the races and watch the remaining features and hang out with fans/teams/drivers.

Comment

Yeah I thought that's what you'd meant because I recalled the numbers from something. I know some of the 305 owners/drivers weren't too thrilled about the pit passes for obvious reasons. If I had one I'd be pumped to race so close to home for me but I know I wouldn't be finishing up front and definitely paying to race those nights lol

Comment

Joe Trenca coming over from New York.

Comment

Mintz in the 11n.

Comment

I was going to go both days but Father in law is having surgery tomorrow & supposed to go out of state Friday but it depends on how the surgery goes.

Comment

I thought I saw you could buy a multiple day pass somewhere on their site to save.
                  WCS is not running sprints so I think you will get a lot of them traveling to Mansfield.

Comment

Most tracks charge $30 and $35 for regular night pit passes so I think prices fair.
                    Buy online and save Is being promoted.
                    Remember this is a special events track not a weekly show one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                      I was going to go both days but Father in law is having surgery tomorrow & supposed to go out of state Friday but it depends on how the surgery goes.
                      Good luck on the surgery man praying everything turns out okay for you guys.

Comment

Caleb Helms decided to stay at home and is racing Mansfield Friday and Saturday per his ILP press release on twitter! Caleb Armstrong also coming to Mansfield both nights per his promotional press release. Looks like there's gonna be a very good field of cars.
                        Last edited by GTigers55; August 9th, 2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Coleman Gulick and Dylan Cisney making the haul for Mansfield. This will be Cisney's first ever Ohio appearance.
                          EDIT: 7:34PM - Cap Henry in the lane racing 4
                          Last edited by GTigers55; August 9th, 2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

attica & fremont are $30 pit pass weekly and if bigger show they charge $35. prices you posted dont seem outta line what so ever

Comment

Jim, I believe he originally thought that was the GA price, if that was so that would be a bit high. Anyways! More drivers, Scotty Thiel coming over from Wisconsin, Danny Smith the OSCS points leader is unsurprisingly coming being this is an OSCS race, Trevor Baker and Travis Philo have also confirmed they are coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X