2014 Millstream Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Millstream Speedway Season Thread

I have heard alot of things about Millstream Speedway in the last few weeks. New owners? Roe has new business partners? New promoters at the track? All things I've heard and was just wondering if anybody knows what's the real story.

i hope they have sum bigwheel races there. they could host the Nyqil Nationals sumday. greg row has whut it takes to make it happen.

Comment

Well since nobody has responded or heard anything I will post what I know after doing some research and talking to a few people close to the situation. Greg Roe is no longer the owner of Millstream Speedway. From what I understand the new owner also owns a construction company in the Toledo area. The new owner has a plan in place to lease the track next year to a family that has been involved in dirt track racing for many years. So it sounds as if racing will return to the Findlay area next season.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
        Well since nobody has responded or heard anything I will post what I know after doing some research and talking to a few people close to the situation. Greg Roe is no longer the owner of Millstream Speedway. From what I understand the new owner also owns a construction company in the Toledo area. The new owner has a plan in place to lease the track next year to a family that has been involved in dirt track racing for many years. So it sounds as if racing will return to the Findlay area next season.
        If true ... I hope they do a lot of work and spend a lot of money before opening the track once again.

The catch fence is terrible and will likely cause many issues if a car ever gets into it or through it/above it.
        The stands have a lot of rotten boards on it. Last time I was there sitting in turn 4 on the hill I saw somebody break through the planks.
        The bathroom/concession stands area needs a lot of attention as well.

Wish them well because I always liked that track, but whoever bought it/buys it better have a big pile of money to spend on the track and not just owning it.

Comment

Sounds like another venue for the Renegade series.

Comment

they also have major lighting concerns since that is what ended the last race there

Comment

Hammer's
              2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter: (28 1/3) - Attica (5), Bubba (3), Wayne Co (2), Volusia (2), Fremont (2), Waynefield (1), Port Royal (1), Mansfield (1), Virgina Motor (1), Outlaw, NY (1), Stateline, NY (1), Weedsport (1), Muskingam (1), Route 66 (1), Sharon (1), Lernerville(1), Utica-Rome (1), Orange County (1), Lebanon Valley (1), Atromic (1/3) - Rainouts (17).

2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
              50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
              2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
              2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
              2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

"Hammer's"
                According to the Hancock County Recorder's research page the owner/president of Buck and Knobby's from Ottawa Lake, Michigan has a vested interest in the property. Buck and Knobby's is a front stretch sponsor at Attica Raceway Park. Hope everything correlates and is true especially since there seems to be a real interest in racing from them and we all know how much the Hammers mean to sprint car racing!

Comment

Last thing area racing needs is this place to reopen when attendance is lacking at other tracks. The physical plant is in exceptionally bad condition, including substandard catch fencing, failing walls, dilapidated grandstands, issues with restrooms and concession areas, etc, etc. The concept of reopening is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Send Reverend Helms or Reverend Brian Smith over there to deliver a eulogy and let the place rest in peace, Amen.

Comment

I would agree with Muddy99 about the plan of re-opening. That's my $.02

Comment

Still probably in better shape than sandusky speedway!

Comment

Or Oakshade !!!!!

Comment

It would most likely be leased for special shows only. Which would work IMO

Comment

Working...
                          X