Pete Jacobs Memorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Jacobs Memorial

Nobody mentioned the epic run Danny Mumaw had going till lapped traffic got in the way? The battle him and saldana had going was great but its hard to pass a squirly car like trevor baker with saldana all over your tail. Wish mumaw could have won but seeing helms get his first ascoc win was special. Hope the locals have a good showing at the last ascoc race at wcs in October. #cheerfortheunderdog

Mumaw was impressive. He definitely had the move of the night with the slide job he put on Saldana for the lead in 3&4. Also a shout out to Jordan Harble on winning the Australian Pursuit. Caleb Helms ran a very good race and it was nice to see him get the win. Kyle Moore was pretty dominant in the street stocks winning by a straightaway. He picked up his 20th feature win of the season. He's won races at 9 different tracks this year. Hats off to the crew at Wayne County, the track was excellent Saturday and they had an exceptional crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
      Nobody mentioned the epic run Danny Mumaw had going till lapped traffic got in the way? The battle him and saldana had going was great but its hard to pass a squirly car like trevor baker with saldana all over your tail. Wish mumaw could have won but seeing helms get his first ascoc win was special. Hope the locals have a good showing at the last ascoc race at wcs in October. #cheerfortheunderdog

He took out B Haud the week before too.

Comment

whats that got to do with price of tea in china? mumaw been acing little while now and its goofd to hear WCs regulars getting beter and faster just klike atomic guys. for years its always ben the attic/ fremont guys were best in state. this only solidifys the other tracks and drivers as well as jordans 2nd points place standing (last looked).Saldana is no slouch !!!!!

Comment

The show was definitely Mumaw and Saldana until Baker encounter put an end to both their night. I was looking at something else when it happened. Did Baker move or just held his position when being lapped?
          Helms, Schafer, and Duncan put on a good show.
          Actually have to say the Australian pursuit was really good. Jordan Harble and Brad Haudenschild were super fast in that race. It was a hi- lite of the evening.
          Disappointment for Brad Haudenschild breaking early in feature.
          Other locals who had made their way to transfer spots were Jordan Harble and Clay Riney and then both flipped. I would really have liked to have seen them make the feature.
          My only complaint is the All Stars organization drags out the time trials.
          Kyle Moore lost his competition when Charlie Duncan and Bob Daugherty dropped out to mechanical issues. I was thinking it was going to be close with the 3 of them putting on a show.
          Hats off to Wayne county for only having one support class, facility was well maintained, plenty of concession food, extra vendors, had a band to entertain before races.
          The staff does a great job. Ticket sellers are quick and efficient. Concession cashiers are awesome and fast. They work with a small employee list compared to other tracks but seem to get more done. They are friendly and helpful.
          Jason and Kristin keep the show moving along.
          The track prep was good.
          This track does not get the praise a few others do in Ohio but definitely deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            The show was definitely Mumaw and Saldana until Baker encounter put an end to both their night. I was looking at something else when it happened. Did Baker move or just held his position when being lapped?
            Helms, Schafer, and Duncan put on a good show.
            Actually have to say the Australian pursuit was really good. Jordan Harble and Brad Haudenschild were super fast in that race. It was a hi- lite of the evening.
            Disappointment for Brad Haudenschild breaking early in feature.
            Other locals who had made their way to transfer spots were Jordan Harble and Clay Riney and then both flipped. I would really have liked to have seen them make the feature.
            My only complaint is the All Stars organization drags out the time trials.
            Kyle Moore lost his competition when Charlie Duncan and Bob Daugherty dropped out to mechanical issues. I was thinking it was going to be close with the 3 of them putting on a show.
            Hats off to Wayne county for only having one support class, facility was well maintained, plenty of concession food, extra vendors, had a band to entertain before races.
            The staff does a great job. Ticket sellers are quick and efficient. Concession cashiers are awesome and fast. They work with a small employee list compared to other tracks but seem to get more done. They are friendly and helpful.
            Jason and Kristin keep the show moving along.
            The track prep was good.
            This track does not get the praise a few others do in Ohio but definitely deserves it.
            Baker held his line and Mumaw drove through him. It was bumper to bumper. And Haud broke because he decided to run over a guy for dead last after spinning out all by himself.

Comment

Didnt see the Haud Incident so wasnt sure what happened. Glad Baker wasnt the cause. He is rapidly improving as a driver. Too many good car action spots to watch all at once so missed a few incidents. Was a most interesting feature.

Comment

Working...
              X