No announcement yet.

New Dirt Track Coming Near Cincinatti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped on top of the hill at the Entrance to Edgewater and overlooked the track yesterday. It's way bigger than Burg or even Florence, Eldora Sized if not bigger if the turns 3/4 are any indication. the pits would have to be in the infield The top of the back straight wall is litterally in the tree branches along the river so a Wall would be mandatory for any racing, Also the drop off of one and two is almost straight down.

Really looks like a tight spot to put a grandstand between the entry road and the track itself but IDK and where is parking etc for the track itself, the pits of the drag strip?

They were actually out working on it, so that's one thing. But it has a long way to go for any racing. Lighting, a wall/fence and grandstand concessions and restroom would be a huge investment although im sure they've already spent a ton with the dozers and fuel.

What will it be, IDK, I seen some down talking with them and met some others who said they've been down there and talked with em. They know more than me.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Dirt-Track-...4076349746821/

Comment

Their new FB page is up with more info on the track.

https://www.facebook.com/Dirt-Track-...4076349746821/

Comment

Thanks for sharing the Facebook! I'll probably be there for the opener since I'm still in the area!

Comment

I stopped by again last saturday before the Burg finally. Plenty of room for a grandstand and someone stopped up and said they had 10k people grandstand on the property for it. Also some trees down by the river have been taken down and some fill (Told the pits would be back there) Also told they have the forms for the concrete wall. The track itself. They seem to have turn three and the back straight cut and banked what they want but they're moving into turn two now. There is a rough cut but they keep pushing fill from the infield out for the banking (The infield is about 4ft deep of dirt and stone)

The guy I talked with knew the owners and sounded like they were full on committed so, When it's done I'll be there.
            Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
              I stopped by again last saturday before the Burg finally. Plenty of room for a grandstand and someone stopped up and said they had 10k people grandstand on the property for it. Also some trees down by the river have been taken down and some fill (Told the pits would be back there) Also told they have the forms for the concrete wall. The track itself. They seem to have turn three and the back straight cut and banked what they want but they're moving into turn two now. There is a rough cut but they keep pushing fill from the infield out for the banking (The infield is about 4ft deep of dirt and stone)

The guy I talked with knew the owners and sounded like they were full on committed so, When it's done I'll be there.
              Chuck
              Wish I knew you were going to the 'Burg Saturday! Went by myself but was a great time. Sat next to some cool people to talk to. A couple from Butler, MI area and from what I understood a father and adult son who were from the local area.

Comment

I'm hearing this has been shut down by the county.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
                  I'm hearing this has been shut down by the county.
                  Must have been doing things without a permit?

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Must have been doing things without a permit?
                    I'm not sure but it came from someone who works there.

Comment

Well work was still ongoing as of Oct 19th so we'll see

Comment

Edgewater tweeted a picture of the lighting on a trailer at the track ready to put up as well as a concrete truck (I'm assuming for the posts). Still working on it!

Comment

They've shown some pics of lighting arriving and some concrete base being poured for the wall. They also state that the clay they are using is good enough. Well yeah but its got a ton of gravel in it. There is also a Miami Township meeting mid point of Nov. About a noise ordanance being imposed. Which could hurt both the dragstrip and this dirt track.

We'll see what happens, I'd love to see it be a good facility for racing. It's got a lot of obsticals to overcome. But no doubt they've spent some big $ just in dozer fuel alone. tons of hours in the work they've got done.

Comment

Working...
                          X