Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food For Thought
    replied
    That’s pretty brief. No other details ( will the owners continue, etc ) ?

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Chad out of the 10H

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    On website now that Waynesfield cancelled.

Midway is still on for 10k late model show.

Leave a comment:

• Muddy99
    replied
    Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
    I’m heading to Waynesfield, with fingers crossed, as the possibility of rain is now higher for early evening. Hopefully the forecast will be wrong, as it has twice this week.
    Well, according to word of mouth, it is rained out tonight. Nothing on the track website as of 2.15 PM, but a team who was to compete there told me it was cancelled .

Leave a comment:

• Muddy99
    replied
    I’m heading to Waynesfield, with fingers crossed, as the possibility of rain is now higher for early evening. Hopefully the forecast will be wrong, as it has twice this week.

Leave a comment:

• Racechasser
    replied
    Thanks GT I have used this all season as a tool and reminder of where all the racing is. We have also had some great discussions on here this season as well as a group. I hope we can have a few more this off season and maybe a few laughs.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Mercer is one of my favorite tracks. 8 Classes of cars is too much but they are trying to make lots of profit to keep doing this show and not having a regular season this year makes a difference.
    I predict it will be packed on Saturday.
    Unfortunately this is too long a drive for me currently.

Working Friday and Saturday so no racing.

Leave a comment:

• mudinmybeer
    replied
    Mercer has little guy nationals Friday and Saturday. Thats were ill be in the #21 micro sprint. I dont recommend going Friday night if u like getting out of the race track by midnight. Its always a late night since its two nights of complete shows and 250+ cars in the pits. Im not a fan of 2 day shows and one payout. There running 358 modifieds, econo modified, modlites, dwarf cars, 270 micros, street stocks, mini stocks, and 600 micros.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Another fine job GT. Really appreciate this.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Weekend Highlights
    -Atomic Speedway wraps up their season championship Saturday where all eyes will be on the late model division with the other track championships locked up. Always one of the best classes on the card at the high banked dirt oval, Mark Frazier looks to hold off Rod Conley in the season finale. Frazier currently holds a 43 point lead heading into the final event of the season. The event was originally scheduled as a 3 day show, which was reduced to a 2 day show, which is now a Saturday only show. So don't show up Thursday or Friday or you'll be sorely disappointed!

-Waynesfield added on an event to the end of the year after the World 100's rescheduled date bumped the NRA 360's out of their season finale night. The NRA point race concludes at Waynesfield, with Jared Horstman currently ahead of Devon Dobie by 119 markers. The 360's will pay $2.5k to win. Waynesfield will also be running Non wing sprints with an open tire rule (like BOSS). It was announced that drivers must have two seperate cars to compete in both sprint divisions due to time constraints. Mods will also be on the dockett for this Saturday's season finale.

-Midway Speedway hosts it's biggest event of the year, the Jim Dunn Memorial, this saturday. Featuring the ground pounding late models battling for the $10k to win top prize. The field will also pay $500 to start. WoO regular Devin Moran has already announced his attendance to the event, and we may see some other big names pop in to compete for the prize against southern Ohio's finest. PA's Michael Lake and Illinois driver Chris Osborne have announced that they will be in the field as well. There are a bevy of other drivers who have been announced as competing. Please see Midway Speedway's facebook as well as event promoter Michael Gibson's facebook (copy & paste link for his page) https://www.facebook.com/michael.gibson.94849

Weekend Plans
    -I get to go to my fiance's sister's wedding this upcoming Saturday so no racing for me. I may possibly be done for the season although Eldora WoO event is not out of the ballpark yet.
    • October 5th
      • Skyline Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods Compacts
    • October 6th
      • Atomic Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
      • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro
      • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts (JIM DUNN)
      • Waynesfield Raceway Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Non Wing Sprints, Modifieds

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Lots of updates to this, PRP, 35 raceway, most of atomic's even though their championship race is the 6th due to large leads in most divisions.

Leave a comment:

• Saphead
    replied
    I'm gonna support Waynesfield sat. night.

Leave a comment:

• Mud Packer
    replied
    Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

Both times I’ve been at Montpelier they’ve not even been close to being done at 11 (curfew). Started late (acceptable in my opinion due to car counts) on Stated race time.
    Unfortunately we haven't been to Montpelier as much this season as in past years. I'm sorry to hear that they started late and ran past the 11:00 PM curfew. Weather has plagued them big time this year as I know for sure out of the first 12 scheduled shows, they ran 3 and got rained out of 9. I personally hate it when the show doesn't start close to the scheduled start time. It just makes the whole evening run late and you start losing fans as well.

Here is hoping that they can get this corrected so as not to be known as a track that doesn't care about when they start or finish. We plan on hitting Montpelier at least one more time this year. I guess we will see.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post
    Just a quick follow up on both Gas City and Montpelier. Jerry Gappens is the new promoter at Gas City this year. He has had a very tough year weather wise so it was nice to hear that they had a great crowd on hand as well as a nice car count. He has done a great job in his first year and I can only hope he will consider continuing on next year as well.

Harold Hunter at Montpelier normally runs a very good show as well. They are normally very prompt on starting on time since they have a racing curfew in place. I don't know what the issue was Saturday night but I can assure you that that isn't the normal procedure. Glad you enjoyed both of the shows.
    Both times I’ve been at Montpelier they’ve not even been close to being done at 11 (curfew). Started late (acceptable in my opinion due to car counts) on Stated race time.

Leave a comment:

• Mud Packer
    replied
    Just a quick follow up on both Gas City and Montpelier. Jerry Gappens is the new promoter at Gas City this year. He has had a very tough year weather wise so it was nice to hear that they had a great crowd on hand as well as a nice car count. He has done a great job in his first year and I can only hope he will consider continuing on next year as well.

Harold Hunter at Montpelier normally runs a very good show as well. They are normally very prompt on starting on time since they have a racing curfew in place. I don't know what the issue was Saturday night but I can assure you that that isn't the normal procedure. Glad you enjoyed both of the shows.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X