Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering he didn't sign up for the all stars either, I'd expect him to be in Ohio this weekend but hey I could be wrong.
    2019 Race Counter: 18
    Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• Sure looks like mother nature will win at Fremont. I would bet Shaffer is in PA this weekend for 3 races.

Comment

• I would think that he will be in PA for 3 nights of racing.
        2019 RACE COUNTER: 39

Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 7, Waynesfield - 2, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 4, Fremont - 3, Mansfield - 1, Outlaw - 1, Stateline - 1, Weedsport - 1, Atomic - 1, Wayne County - 3, Muskingum - 1, Sharon - 1

Comment

• Big weekend taking place in Ohio this week with the Sprint Car World Championship at Mansfield Motor Speedway grabbing the limelight. The $100k to win show features 84 registered drivers ranging from local competitors, former world of outlaw champions, and invaders from Pennsylvania, North Dakota and many other states. The massive 2 day event features racing at 7 PM on both nights, with hot laps approximately at 5:30. A test and Tune for the SCWC begins the weekend at Mansfield on Thursday. General Admission is Free and takes place from 6-9 PM.

Other action on the card for Friday April 27th includes a weekly program at Hilltop, Jackson County, and Legendary Hilltop. The season opener for Limaland featuring the NRA 360 Sprint cars and Modifieds as well as Bud Thunderstocks should shape up to be a good racing program for those in the region. Moler Raceway Park also opens the season with their annual Defrost 30. Raceway 7 in Conneaut and Deerfield will have their first test & tune of the season on Friday open to all dirt cars.

Saturday features a variety of interesting shows on the fendered side. The ALMS opener at Eldora may draw a good field of cars even though the touring series is all but defunct. Atomic speedway is featuring a $1k to win race for the sport modifieds, a large increase from their usual purse. Wayne County Speedway will be bringing in the Modifieds to supplement the program in place of the sprint cars and will be their first appearance of a handful of races this year. Deerfield, Oakshade, and Sharon all look to start their season off on the right foot. Oakshade will have the usual classes with no Late Models. Sharon's event marks the first of their "super six series" featuring the Big Block Modifieds. Waynesfield again hosts the lone Non Wing race this weekend at the always exciting bullring. Midway and 35 raceway have their weekly programs on the slate. The final event of the weekend is an enduro on Sunday at Midway Speedway.

I'll be at Mansfield on both Friday and Saturday for what I hope will draw a good amount of people and economic influence to my hometown region. The boost in growth seen in the area since the rebirth of Mansfield has certainly not be missed. I may even stop in for a bit on Thursday before the NFL draft comes on TV.

Where ya'll going racing this weekend? Get out and support all of these fine facilities and enjoy a night at the races.
          • April 26th
            • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Test & Tune
          • April 27th
            • Deerfield Speedway – Test & Tune
            • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts, Wedges
            • Jackson Co. Speedway – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
            • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
            • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
            • Mansfield Motor Speedway – 410 Sprints Sprint Car World Championship
            • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
            • Raceway 7 – Test & Tune
          • April 28th
            • Atomic Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
            • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
            • Eldora Speedway – ALMS Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks
            • Mansfield Motor Speedway – 410 Sprints Sprint Car World Championship
            • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
            • Oakshade Raceway – Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
            • Sharon Speedway – Big Block Modifieds, RUSH Modifieds, Econo-Modifieds, Stocks
            • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
            • Wayne County Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts
            • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
          • April 29th
            • Midway Speedway – Enduro

Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• Very appreciated.
            So professional looking.

Comment

• Update: Deerfield Speedway has cancelled the test and tune and this weekends opener due to delayed construction because of the weather.

Comment

• Good work again, GT Evidently, the weekend outlook is going to be a weekly deal. I urge every one to listen to Buckeye Speed Zone this evening. Jac Haudenschild is going to be on at 6:15. That will be a very good interview. Crank up your radio and rip the knob off! (yeah, I know radios haven't had knobs for a long time)

Comment

• I know its not Ohio but the Sprints on Dirt open their season this Saturday at Crystal Speedway in Michigan. Last year, Jordan Ryan won the opener. Quite a few Ohio drivers were in attendance and support SoD shows when able. Especially since 305s can be competitive with the tire rule. It will be interesting to see if anyone journeys north this weekend. Obviously, Shawn Velenti is going to be there as it was announced he is running for the SoD championship and RoY. My guess would be drivers not racing Mansfield may opt to spectate with such a great field.

Comment

• The damn R word is gonna make me lose my ****. This weather is horrendous

Comment

• NOTE: Don't know what went wrong with the tables when I transferred it over to here so I apologize for the messiness. I can't figure it out right now so I'll work on improving it for next month. Hope you can decipeher it!
                      So with the conclusion of last nights events at Mansfield, Eldora, and Atomic the final races of the month have come and gone. (Excluding enduro at Midway tonight). The month was plagued with rain, cold, snow, and just about everything in between. But most tracks were able to swing open the gates at least once this month and put on some good shows. I've compiled the winners lists for all the sprint car classes (like last year) and have also added the Super Late Models and Modifieds into the tally for this year.
                      410 Winged Sprint Car Winners
                      Driver Wins Track (Date)
                      Tim Shaffer 3 Wayne Co. (4/21), Mansfield (4/27, 4/28)
                      Cole Duncan 1 Atomic (3/31)
                      Stuart Brubaker 1 Attica (4/13)
                      Jac Haudenschild 1 Attica (4/20)
                      Brandon Wimmer 1 Atomic (4/21)
                      Craig Mintz 1 Fremont (4/21)
                      Carson Macedo 1 Mansfield (4/27)
                      360 Winged Sprint Car Winners
                      Driver Wins Track (Date)
                      Sam Hafertepe Jr. 1 Eldora (4/21)
                      Jared Horstmann 1 Limaland (4/27)
                      305 Winged Sprint Car Winners
                      Driver Wins Track (Date)
                      Bobby Clark 1 Attica (4/13)
                      Paul Weaver 1 Attica (4/20)
                      Dustin Stroup 1 Fremont (4/21)
                      Non-Winged Sprint Car Winners
                      Driver Wins Track (Date)
                      Matt Westfall 1 Waynesfield (4/21)
                      Super Late Model Winners
                      Driver Wins Track (Date)
                      Corey Conley 2 Hilltop (4/13, 4/27)
                      Steve Casebolt 2 Atomic (3/31), Moler (4/27)
                      Freddy Carpenter 1 Leg Hilltop (3/31)
                      Rusty Schlenk 1 Attica (4/13)
                      Scott Bloomquist 1 Atomic (4/13)
                      Brandon Francis 1 Leg Hilltop (4/13)
                      Doug Drown 1 Attica (4/20)
                      Michael Lake 1 Leg Hilltop (4/20)
                      Tyler Carpenter 1 Midway (4/21)
                      Ryan Markham 1 Wayne Co. (4/21)
                      Jackie Boggs 1 Atomic (4/21)
                      Rod Conley 1 Atomic (4/28)
                      Nick Hoffman 1 Eldora (4/28)
                      Modified Winners
                      Driver Wins Track (Date)
                      Jason Montgomery 3 Jackson Co. (4/20), Atomic (4/21, 4/28)
                      Rich Michael 2 Leg Hilltop x2 (3/31, 4/13)
                      Taylor Cook 1 Atomic (3/31)
                      Rick Auckland 1 Atomic (4/13)
                      Jimmy Smith 1 Hilltop (4/13)
                      Larry Bond 1 Leg Hilltop (4/20)
                      Jesse Wisecarver 1 Midway (4/21)
                      Danny Moore 1 35 Raceway (4/21)
                      Jacob Hawkins 1 Eldora (4/21)
                      Adam James 1 Brushcreek (4/22)
                      Mark Dickson 1 Jackson Co. (4/27)
                      David Stremme 1 Limaland (4/27)
                      Nathan Loney 1 Hilltop (4/27)
                      Kyle Strickler 1 Eldora (4/28)
                      Adam Stricker 1 Moler (4/27)
                      Last edited by GTigers55; April 29th, 2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• More good work, GT. Did you take Motorsports Journalism course in college? May is going to be a better racing month than April. Temperatures are getting warmer. You will have a much bigger task next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
                          More good work, GT. Did you take Motorsports Journalism course in college? May is going to be a better racing month than April. Temperatures are getting warmer. You will have a much bigger task next time.
                          Nope. Only writing experience I have is scientific lab writing from undergrad. I doubt wright state even offers something like that. However, they did offer a zombie survival course at the liberal arts college. Lol

Comment

• After cold weather and rain dominated the majority of Ohio last weekend, the weather is finally looking sunny and dry for a week of racing across the state!

Friday features a couple of sprint car races in the state. Limaland Motorsports Park has their first Non Wing race of the year which will be running an Open tire rule for the weekend (as is Waynesfield). Other divisions on the card at limaland are the Modifieds and stocks. Attica is back in action after going dark for the SCWC at Mansfield featuring the FAST 410 sprint cars and the first night of the Attica/Oakshade late model series. The FAST 305 sprint cars are also on the card at Attica for the FAST series opener. Raceway 7 opens their gates for racing the first time this year with crate late models as the headliner as well as some stock and modified divisions. A track that is re-opening after closing midway through last season is 250 speedway in the eastern edge of Ohio featuring a show of Mods, stocks, compacts, enduros and wedges (cutting 2 classes from last year). Hilltop speedway, legendary hilltop, and Moler all have a regular show on Friday night with the primary division being Late Models and Modifieds at each of the tracks. The recently reopened Jackson County Speedway in Jackson, OH has a regular show with the Modifieds as their headlining division.

Saturday features a wide variety of interesting events including 5 sprint car races. Fremont has, in my opinion, the most attractive option of the weekend featuring 3 divisions of sprint cars. The FAST 410 sprints return to Fremont accompanied by the BOSS Non Wing sprints series opener. The FAST305 sprints vs NRA360 challenge is also on the card and you may see upwards of 80 cars in the pits. Sharon Speedway has the All Stars back for the first of 3 times this year on the back end of a swing featuring Lernerville on Friday. Wayne County has a regular show now dubbed the "Fast Four" with Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, and mini stocks. Atomic welcomes the OVSCA back after a few years of absence and also has the late models present as a co-headliner. The last of the open wheel shows features sprints of the non winged variety with an open tire rule for the weekend. Any driver that wins both Limaland on Friday and Waynesfield on Saturday for the non wing sprints will receive a $500 bonus.

On the non sprint car side, Deerfield attempts to swing it's doors open again (Micros, jr sprints and the sort), and Oakshade raceway opens their season with the Attica/Oakshade Late Models and their usual support classes. Brushcreek opens their points racing season with their regular show. Midway is back in action with 6 divisions on the card, and 35 raceway rounds out the Saturday shows with a regular show. A lone race on Sunday is scheduled at Legendary Hilltop and features the enduro cars.

A new segment I'm adding is the Border tracks in Ohio. There are a few tracks just over the border that also have some intriguing events and with the weather looking better a little bit of travel seems less risky now! Montpelier Motor Speedway welcomes back the Late Models on Saturday. A $4k to win American Ethanol Late Model Tour as well as Modifieds, stocks and compacts. To my knowledge, they haven't had Late Models at the 1/4 mile bullring in quite some time and should be interesting to see how many MI drivers come down who are following the series. Another interesting event is the All Stars first Western PA event at Lernerville Speedway Friday which is the first of two on the Eastern OH/Western PA border and should probably get a solid field of cars with some of the Western PA guys returning to home. The MSCS (Midwest Sprint Car Series) highlights a night at the newly reopened Gas City speedway with a $3k to win Non wing show on Friday night.

I'm planning on a drive in movie with the Fiance and the dogs up in Liberty Center Friday Night, and the first trip to the Fremont on the year Saturday which I'll likely be riding solo too.

Where do your plans have you headed this weekend? Plenty of options provided ya didn't spend all your money last weekend! Get dirty and have fun.
                            • May 4th
                              • Attica Raceway Park – FAST 410 Sprints, Att/Oak Late Models, FAST 305 Sprints
                              • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts
                              • Jackson Co. Speedway – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
                              • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Modlites, Mini Late Models
                              • Limaland Motorsports Park – Non Wing Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
                              • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                              • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo-Modifieds, Compacts
                              • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Enduro, Wedges
                            • May 5th
                              • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
                              • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro
                              • Deerfield Speedway – Jr. Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Modlites, 600 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
                              • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, NRA 360 Sprints v. FAST 305 Sprints Challenge, BOSS Non Wing Sprints
                              • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts
                              • Oakshade Raceway – Attica/Oakshade Late Models, Sportsman, Stocks, Compacts
                              • Sharon Speedway – ASCoC Sprints, Econo-Modifieds
                              • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Modifieds
                              • Wayne County Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
                              • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
                            • May 6th
                              • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Enduro

Comment

• Planning on the allstar show at lernerville Friday weather permitting and Deerfield Saturday if the track is ready by then. If not then wcs for their regular show over sharons allstar show.

Comment

• Friday.....Work
                                Sat......WCS

Comment

Working...
                                X