Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice job GTigers55!
    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

• Thursday: Indians double header. Friday: Attica and financial chaos.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates GT. Super informative/helpful every week.

Comment

• Friday looking a little iffy in this area if you go to Hilltop.
          Saturday looking good for Wayne County.

GT really liking the ability to look at your chart and see who is racing on what day. Thank you for the time and effort of making us a "race locator helper"

Comment

• Friday - Limaland and some non -wings, then off to Fremont on Saturday for an all open wheel nite at the races!
            2019 Race Counter - Total 7 + (rainouts- 7) Attica-2, Eldora-3, Fremont-1, Waynesfield- 1

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

• Saw Hilltop in Millersburg cancelled 6 hours ago. Was surprised as weather is nice around that area.

Comment

• Storms moved through early afternoon in Millersburg

Comment

• 20 minutes from there and a storm now. Just had never seen them call off races so early before. It helps people get to other tracks.

Comment

• Ma Nature rained out all of Friday's events except for Limaland (weird right) and Attica.
                    2019 Race Counter: 8
                    Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

• I was kind of surprised attica didn't have that many fans last night. Was a great show and the racing was excellent in every division. Cap Henry would of won if there was one more caution late in the race in my opinion. He came charging through the field from 16th. One thing that kind of sucked was lernerville and the allstars not cancelling until 5pm-6pm. The radar looked horrible all day and cancelling seem inevitable but decided to drag all the teams there.

Comment

• Atomic has cancelled for tonight. Brushcreek has postponed today's events til Sunday. Gates at 2 and hot laps at 3 down there.

I'll be at Fremont today riding solo. Look for the camo wright state hat and come up and holler at me if ya'd like.

Comment

• Hope everyone had a goodtime at the races.
                          WCS was packed. Good sprint feature. Track was dusty during heats but decent at feature time. Late model feature competitive once they got past the initial cautions, red flag for person in pits to transport and resumed. Street stocks had good race going. Surprise in the mini stocks with over 40 of them.
                          14 heat races done by around 8:30. Only b mains were in mini stocks. They started all in other classes.
                          Very busy place but show was efficient when you took out ambulance run, 3 car fires and 1 or 2 flips.
                          Weather was comfortable. I figured with all the rain thru week they were cautious on watering.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                            Hope everyone had a goodtime at the races.
                            WCS was packed. Good sprint feature. Track was dusty during heats but decent at feature time. Late model feature competitive once they got past the initial cautions, red flag for person in pits to transport and resumed. Street stocks had good race going. Surprise in the mini stocks with over 40 of them.
                            14 heat races done by around 8:30. Only b mains were in mini stocks. They started all in other classes.
                            Very busy place but show was efficient when you took out ambulance run, 3 car fires and 1 or 2 flips.
                            Weather was comfortable. I figured with all the rain thru week they were cautious on watering.
                            Once again, a nice surface to race on at WCS. Pretty dusty in the heats, but boy did it come around for the features. Liked how they split the B-Mains for the 4-cyl in between the sprint feature, and late model feature. I just hope 40 plus doesn't become the norm with those things. Either way, they kept it moving (what they could control anyway), and it was a good night. Jason, and Kristen are doing a great job with the place.
                            2019 RACE COUNTER: 19

Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 2, Waynesfield - 1, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 2, Fremont - 1

Comment

• Weekend Highlights
                              - Eldora Speedway welcomes the World of Outlaws and the USAC Non-Wing Sprint cars to Ohio for the first time of 2018 with their annual Lets Race Two event. Each division will race on both Friday and Saturday at the House that Earl Built for the low price of $28 for General admission and $32 for reserved seating. Racing will commence at 7:30 PM on both nights with Hotlaps slated for 6:00 PM. The races can also be caught in their entirety on Dirtvision.com

-The American Ethanol Late Model Tour (AELMT) based primarily out of Michigan makes their first ever visit to the state of Ohio with a double of Attica on Friday and Fremont on Saturday. Friday at Attica the AELMT is joined by the 305 sprints and one of a handful of appearances of the dirt trucks at Attica. Fremont's race on Saturday will be the lone appearance of super late models at the tight third mile oval, and will also be joined by 305 sprints and the dirt trucks. This race should draw a bevy of Michigan's top dogs in the Late Models to duke it out with hotshot locals such as Rusty Schlenk, Doug Drown, and Ryan Markham for the pair of $4000 to win shows.

-The Ohio Valley Sprint Car Association (OVSCA) out of Southern Ohio makes a northern Ohio invasion this week with a $2k to win show at Hilltop Speedway in Millersburg, OH as well as a $3k to win show at Wayne County Speedway. With Attica off, some of the local teams who don't wish to travel to Eldora may look to take the prize at Hilltop. The Wayne County race will certainly be a thriller, as the OVSCA and Wayne County locals paired together have always provided some exciting races and flared tempers (looking at you Shawn Hubler).

-The BOSS Xtreme Wings Series makes their series debut at Atomic Speedway on Saturday bringing an intriguing format. Cars will pill draw for heat groups and group qualify much like Attica does. However, one major difference is the invert places the top qualifier in each heat one spot out of a transfer. I.e. if the heat transfers 4 cars, the pole sitter will start 5th. Heat race transfers will line up by qualifying time in the feature event, but a die will be rolled to invert this line up by 0, 4, 6, or 8. In the B Main, only the winner will get their qualifying time back but can only start at the back of the inversion. The remaining B main transfers tag the rear of the field. Interesting format but for a new fan this will be really confusing. Hell, for a lot of the teams I imagine this will be confusing.

-The FAST 410 sprint cars make their debut at Sharon Speedway as part of Sharon's Menard's Super Six Series. The Icy slick dirt track has proved to even out the competition and provide some surprise finishes and you can be sure that the race will provide some crazy outcomes. The battle of NW Ohio versus the Western PA drivers should see a highly competitive battle at the former pavement track.

Friday Events (not mentioned above)
                              Legendary Hilltop has a weekly show headlined by the late models at the Marietta bullring. Raceway 7 attempts to open up their season up in Conneaut yet again. The Ohio Thunder Racesaver 305's kick off their season at Moler raceway park in one of two appearances at the Williamsburg dirt oval. Jackson County brings in the Steel Block limited late models to spice up things at the recently reopened Jackson track alongside their weekly warriors. Limaland has an appearance by the STAR Modlite series in addition to their Modifieds and Bud Thunderstocks at the UNOH owned bullring. 250 Speedway attempts to re-open again after being rained out last weekend.

Saturday Events (not mentioned above)
                              Brushcreek tries to start their points racing again at the Peebles short track headlined by their modified division. Deerfield Speedway is slated to host their first race under new management with a form of Limited Late Models (V6 late models) headlining the card as well as compacts. Muskingum County and Portsmouth Raceway Park both open their gates for the first time in 2018 and both are headlined by their late model division. Oakshade will be running their weekly show at the Wauseon dirt track headlined by the late model division. 35 Raceway Park has all their usual 7 divisions on the card in Frankfort. Lastly, Waynesfield is running the Modifieds, Modlites, and Compacts at the little bullring in the cornfield. 250 Speedway attempts to re-open again after being rained out last weekend.

Where You Rolling in the Mud?
                              I'll be sitting on the sidelines this weekend as I'm spending time with Family over the weekend with mother's day upcoming and being my first weekend off of my real job. I'll be sure to have race-monitor on somewhere to track a few of the shows.

Where are you headed this weekend? Their are lots of good options this week and a variety of series available to go see. This should be one of the most diverse weekends on the schedule this year and I hope ya'll can get out and support one of Ohio's great dirt tracks.
                              • May 11th
                                • Attica Raceway Park – AELMS, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Vintage
                                • Deerfield Speedway – Test & Tune
                                • Eldora Speedway – WoO Sprints, USAC Non Wing Sprints
                                • Hilltop Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modlites, Compacts
                                • Jackson Co. Speedway – Steel Block Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
                                • Legendary Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                                • Limaland Motorsports Park – Modifieds, Stocks, STAR Modlites
                                • Moler Raceway Park – OTSCS 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                                • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
                                • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
                              • May 12th
                                • Atomic Speedway – BOSS Winged Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
                                • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Legends, Enduro
                                • Deerfield Speedway – Limited Late Models, Compacts, Enduro
                                • Eldora Speedway – WoO Sprints, USAC Non Wing Sprints
                                • Fremont Speedway – AELMS Late Models, 305 Sprints, Trucks
                                • Muskingum Co. Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Compacts
                                • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
                                • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
                                • Sharon Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, RUSH Modifieds, Econo Modifieds, Stocks
                                • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Modifieds, Modlites, Compacts
                                • Wayne County Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
                                • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro

Comment

• Leaving work at 3 Friday and heading to Eldora for the weekend with my son. Already told everyone at work that if you try to talk to me after 2:50 I will not reply, and if something hits my desk at 2:49 and takes longer than 11minutes to complete it will not get done till Monday.

I have been waiting since last July to see a race at Eldora and I'm not missing it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X