Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly what Mud Packer said.
    Thank you GT.

Comment

• Thanks as always, GT. Monster trucks are at Mansfield. Is that the motorsports equivalent of professional wrestling, or is it racing?

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
        Thanks as always, GT. Monster trucks are at Mansfield. Is that the motorsports equivalent of professional wrestling, or is it racing?
        well its not choreographed...but kids love em.

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
          Thanks as always, GT. Monster trucks are at Mansfield. Is that the motorsports equivalent of professional wrestling, or is it racing?
          I figure if Enduro's are considered racing then monster trucks might as well be too... lol

You'll also note I include the tractor pulls at a few of the regular oval tracks too. Just trying to show other events at regular dirt tracks someone may be interested in as well.
          2019 Race Counter: 8
          Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

• No criticism was intended, GT. I just don't know what to think about monster trucks. They race on those stadium tracks, but not actually side by side. The free-style portion of the show is not racing. I found it hard to watch. Purposely destroying a monster truck in an inane stunt exibition just made me feel sad. If monster trucks get people interested in attending sprint and latemodel shows at Mansfield, that's great.

Comment

• I think the Monster Truck show there is more an Exhibition. You can go to a Pit Party and pay for rides with that. I think they do more jumps and stunts and car crushing from what I heard about last year. Last year it rained on them and not the crowd you normally get from a friend of mine who went who does not want to go back. It was for the kids that they went.
              My kids were never interested in Monster Trucks at all.

Comment

• Depends on what monster truck promotion you go to. Went to a Toughest Monster Truck tour show in Youngstown in Feb and it was actually nice. Did Chicago style circle race, wheelie contest and freestyle. And freestyle wasn't about flipping your truck over. It was actually about doing complicated things.

Went to a show in Lima last weekend and it was one of the worst things I have seen. Only 6 trucks, announcer took 25minutes to start the show because he seemed more entertained about trying to get the fans cheer for everything he said and the racing was just jumping over two mounds of Dirt

Comment

• Saw Mansfield is having 8 Trucks.
                  Features Pit Party, Pro Arena Truck Racing and Bigfoot is making a jump.
                  Have no idea what Pro Arena Truck Racing is.

I'll be at WCS watching WoO Late Models.

Comment

• And Deerfield has cancelled already for the weekend. you guys on the west side of ohio think limaland is bad...... Deerfield has got one feature in all of 2018 so far being last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                      Saw Mansfield is having 8 Trucks.
                      Features Pit Party, Pro Arena Truck Racing and Bigfoot is making a jump.
                      Have no idea what Pro Arena Truck Racing is.

I'll be at WCS watching WoO Late Models.
                      Best way to describe pro arena truck I guess would be the street stock equivalent to the TORC off road trucks. People who race their after market 4x4 through obstacle either against each other or the clock.

Being from Columbus, I'm going to Eldora and Waynesfield this weekend. Might do WCS on Monday depending on work. Hope everyone has a good time at whatever track they support this weekend

Comment

• It has been an unwelcome race season for most tracks with all the rainfall and storms on the weekend.
                        WCS was going to have mid season championship last week and only had 3 races on the books. Then the R word showed up ending that night before it began.

It is hard for some of these tracks to turn a profit with so many rain outs. If we are lucky the weather will improve, tracks get outstanding crowds and car counts to help weather the storm from early to mid season.

Comment

• Weekend Highlights
                          -Ohio Sprint Speedweek continues tonight through Saturday. The car counts have been fantastic from the start and the racing even better. Car counts of 56, 46, 49, 52, and 48 on the first 5 nights with the vast majority of them being heavy hitters. Speedweek continues on at Atomic Speedway tonight for the first southern ohio visit of speedweek. Muskingum Co is slated for Thursday night in Zanesville Ohio and will be supported by a $2k to win late model show and $1.2k to win modified show. The All stars swing back to the northwest to visit Limaland on Friday for another exciting bullring. Speedweek wraps up on Saturday at Atomic for a $10k to win race, the inaugural Rick Ferkel classic.

-Deerfield is going to give it a go with the non wing sprints debut at the quarter mile track again and hopefully the weather cooperates for once.

-Lots of regular shows throughout the state even with a few tracks taking this weekend off, if you can't make it to a speedweek show or just don't want to pay a visit to one of the great tracks listed below.

Weekend Plans

Going to see Jurassic World on Friday night at the Drive in, and planning on going back to Waynesfield on Saturday and bringing the fiance along this time.
                          • June 20th
                            • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Sport Modifieds
                          • June 21st
                            • Muskingum Co. Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Late Models, Modifieds
                          • June 22nd
                            • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts
                            • Jackson Co. Speedway – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts, Enduro
                            • Limaland Motorsports Park – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Modifieds
                            • Moler Raceway Park – Modifieds, Crate Late Models, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                            • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
                          • June 23rd
                            • Atomic Speedway – ASCoC Sprint Speedweek, Late Models, Compacts
                            • Deerfield Speedway – Non Wing Sprints, Jr. Sportsman, 270 Micros, Chargers, Classics, Compacts
                            • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
                            • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Limited Late Models, Legends
                            • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Non Wing Sprints, Mini Sprints, Modifieds
                            • Wayne County Speedway – NTPA Tractor Pull
                            • 35 Raceway Park –Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro

Comment

• Probably only able to do Atomic this weekend. Would love to go to Lima also but my little race buddy has been under the weather since Sunday. Feeling better now but may give him an extra day to get better.

Everyone think sunshine. Do not say that 4 letter word that starts with the letter after Q & ends with the letter after M. Hopefully the power of positive thinking can overcome it

Comment

• Wow.. The competition is strong and so are the All Stars .. Kemenahs have their hands full even without Dale Blaney and Tim Shaffer .. This series is now worth going to.. Just wish they would schedule a race back down here in Portsmouth like the old days..

Comment

• Originally posted by Edge View Post
                                Wow.. The competition is strong and so are the All Stars .. Kemenahs have their hands full even without Dale Blaney and Tim Shaffer .. This series is now worth going to.. Just wish they would schedule a race back down here in Portsmouth like the old days..
                                Was done at Portsmouth when they had the ovsca Vegas mt back last year so maybe they’re venturing back into that possibility at some point.

Im sure the all stars would love to have a track to pair with atomic for the southern Ohio trips but just about every track down there is a Saturday track.

Comment

Working...
                                X