Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
    As for some of the posters who say they would like to see other tracks in Ohio get WoO races ... start talking to those "other" Ohio tracks and telling them you want to see a WoO race at their track because they are the ones NOT putting up the money or asking for dates. Think for that to happen a lot of these Ohio tracks need to start updating their facilities as well. We have seen the past couple of years in PA where several of their tracks (Port Royal and Susky to mention a couple) are putting a lot of money into their facilities and being rewarded with bigger shows such as All-Star events and WoO shows.
    Eroc, it may not be all on the tracks putting up the money for WoO...

https://twitter.com/wcsohio/status/901935282081148935

Last edited by Jake B.; November 14th, 2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Looks like the Millstream rumors are true, three All Star shows in 2018, including what looks like a Speedweek show!

https://twitter.com/stephlinder312/s...63543773802496

Comment

Eroc I believe that Charles was referring to the Owners of Millstream.

In other news, awesome to see that they'll have a few events next year! Can't wait until the full schedules for sanctions start rolling out soon and then tracks as well. Some dates have already been released for a few places.
        2019 Race Counter: 8
        Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

Well with 37 weeks scheduled for racing and 26 races at Atomic I'm assuming either those weekends will be traveling OSCS shows. To be honest I think the OSCS didn't bring much this year. Danny Smith followed the whole tour and I believe Nate Reeser did as well. But other than that nobody really followed the whole thing as much this year with the increased amount of travel. Plus IMO they really need to keep them running down at Atomic because the Southern OH area just doesn't have much in the way of Sprints and it's the one Mecca so to speak. OVSCA run some of the other tracks but they don't really have anywhere to run weekly since Skyline became under new ownership. Hoping Southern OH or Jackson Co get sold and reopened over the offseason as well.

Comment

Sharon running 410s is risky. car count was low at the apple fest paying 3k to win even though it was a 2day format. mercer struggled with car count and lernerville on Fridays really isn't getting much more then 20 on average with no competition. sharons track isn't really thrilling for 410 racing imo even with the new dirt. the ascoc put on descent shows but them guys put on a show anywhere. no cooler policy will still turn fans away and the food there sucks. im guessing there still going to run 3 or 4 different modified divisions also so you can count on late nights. ill most likely pass and go to Deerfield or wcs on Saturday nights.
            Im guessing mercer wont be running weekly this year but Turkey Williams said at the drivers meeting at there last show of 2017 the current owner wont be opening it next year but also wont let it sit completely dormant. id look for a limited schedule of money making events like chiller thriller, big block vs small blocks, and little guy nationals.

OSCS was stupid from the start imo. Everyone said we didn't care for another traveling series but a handful of drivers talked mccown into trying it. shot his self in the foot by seeing atomic fan numbers down and the series not really being exciting and getting a following which im sure was a loss all across the board. it will hurt wcs a little bit by #1 not having a cheap series to promote to there fans and bring in a handful of extra cars and #2 they will most likely stay at atomic since itll be closer and running against wcs with 27 shows scheduled.

Id expect the fast series to fall into what happened above to the oscs if they decide to keep traveling 410s. the 305s can still be profitable and hold drivers hostage with forced traveling but time will tell. there was talks with Deerfield possibly getting a 305 fast show but we will see.

Comment

Id like to see

1. the hell tour back at attica
              2. wcs get a outlaw sprint show
              3. higher payouts on weekly night for 410 and superlates at wcs
              4. hilltop go to Friday night
              5. mercer stay open for special events
              6. Sharon and Mansfield allow coolers
              7. 100k at mandfield stay unsanctioned and would be nice to see great payout through the field on that event. even if its not 100k to win but 30k and 40th get like 1k would be better racing through the b and c mains. imagine if they had to battle it out for bigger payout in the c main instead of all getting tow money.
              8. fremont get allstar shows again
              9. the allstars be allowed to run attica Friday night of the ambush
              10. good weather all year.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                Id like to see
                7. 100k at mandfield stay unsanctioned and would be nice to see great payout through the field on that event. even if its not 100k to win but 30k and 40th get like 1k would be better racing through the b and c mains. imagine if they had to battle it out for bigger payout in the c main instead of all getting tow money.
                Mansfield has posted what the payouts will be for those nights already! $2k to start the feature and $200 for essentially what will equate to "44th". Anyone that doesn't make either of those gets $150 tow (basically reimburses the entry fee). From what I understand, The field will be set like this for the Main Event. Top 4 from both Main events on Friday make feature (8 spots). The remaining 16 will be claimed by heats and/or points (no mention of points so likely just heat finish position+B mains?). Then 3 provisionals will tag if needed (Armstrong, Kekich, Seger). Or I wonder if there will be consolation features at all outside of the non-qualifier race? Not sure on format exactly.
                Friday – April 27th

*** Prelim Night - Field split in half and compete for two different main events. Top 4 in each main event are locked into the SCWC Saturday night ***

TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($44,000)

MAIN EVENT #1 - (30 Laps) 1st – $5,000 / 2nd – $3,000 / 3rd – $2,000 / 4th – $1,500 / 5th – $1000 / 6th – $900 / 7th – $800 / 8th – $700 / 9th – $600 / 10th thru 20th – $500 to Start

MAIN EVENT #2 - (30 Laps) 1st – $5,000 / 2nd – $3,000 / 3rd – $2,000 / 4th – $1,500 / 5th – $1000 / 6th – $900 / 7th – $800 / 8th – $700 / 9th – $600 / 10th thru 20th – $500 to Start

Saturday – April 28th

TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($200,500)

SCWC MAIN EVENT - (TBD - Laps) 1st – $100,000 / 2nd – $20,000 / 3rd – $10,000 / 4th – $9,000 / 5th – $8,000 / 6th – $7,000 / 7th – $6,000 / 8th – $5,000 / 9th – $4,000 / 10th – $3,000 / 11th - $2,900 / 12th - $2,800 / 13th - $2,700 / 14th - $2,600 / 15th - $2,500 / 16th - $2,400 / 17th - $2,300 / 18th - $2,200 / 19th - $2,100 / 20th thru 22nd - $2,000 to Start

***3 Great Lakes Dirt Nationals provisionals will be tagged at the tail of the field if they are needed. Thus making the possible starting field 25 cars***

NON QUALIFIER RACE - TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($10,400)
                (20 - Laps) 1st – $2,000 / 2nd – $1,000 / 3rd – $900 / 4th – $800 / 5th – $700 / 6th – $600 / 7th – $500 / 8th – $400 / 9th – $375 / 10th – $350 / 11th - $325 / 12th - $300 / 13th - $275 / 14th - $250 / 15th - $225 / 16th thru 22nd - $200 to Start

***Any driver/car that thru Fri/Sat fails to qualify for the SCWC or the Non Qualifier race will recieve $150 ***

Comment

I haven't been to Deerfield for about 10 years, but can't imagine sprint cars there. That's a very tight race track.

Comment

1) Return of the Buckeye Nationals. USAC sprints and midgets at Attica, Fremont, Lima, and Waynesfield would be awesome.
                    2) All Stars at Fremont. It just doesn't seem right not having them race at Fremont.
                    3) WoO outside of Eldora. It seems like Tony has a lock on the WoO in Ohio. I have heard that Atomic and Wayne County have tried to get shows and can't get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
                      II never said the All Stars screwed the Hamers, I meant the owner of the track. Hamer wanted to run it again last year and for some reason no deal was struck. Better to let is sit than run? Makes no sense to me.
                      Just an opinion, but yes, better to let it sit. We have a lot of tracks who have been open on a continuous basis for many decades and who need our support. Additionally, anyone who attempts to lease that facility is or should be fully aware of the issues with the owners and of the many,many, repairs and upgrades which are sorely needed.
                      Not trying to stir anything up here. Just another viewpoint.

Comment

WoO at Waynesfield.*

* I've been drinking

Comment

1. People stop asking for the All Stars back at Fremont
                          2. Farmer to get away from Fremont
                          3. See 1
                          4. See 2
                          2019 RACE COUNTER: 17

Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 1, Waynesfield - 1, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhorse View Post
                            I haven't been to Deerfield for about 10 years, but can't imagine sprint cars there. That's a very tight race track.
                            I seen a post from the BOSS series a few weeks back, that they were holding a test session at Deerfield for the non wingers. I never seen anything though about how the test turned out. If I recall right though, I think it rained pretty good that day, so maybe it didn't happen as scheduled.
                            2019 RACE COUNTER: 17

Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 1, Waynesfield - 1, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
                              II never said the All Stars screwed the Hamers, I meant the owner of the track. Hamer wanted to run it again last year and for some reason no deal was struck. Better to let is sit than run? Makes no sense to me.
                              Well next time you might actually want to say the owners of the track because all you said was All-Stars.

Originally posted by Jake B. View Post

Eroc, it may not be all on the tracks putting up the money for WoO...

https://twitter.com/wcsohio/status/901935282081148935
                              As mentioned earlier in this thread I believe it has to do with facilities as well for some of these tracks and getting a WoO race. The biggest issue (IMO) is probably seating or the number of fans that can attend these tracks.

We have seen many tracks adding WoO dates the past couple of years and including this off-season.

Comment

Atomic has plenty of seating. I went to a WoO show there when it was KC and sat alone in turn 4 with no one around me. I think there's more to it than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X