Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw on Facebook Weather Cancellations
    Attica Raceway Park cancelled.
    Hilltop Millersburg cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
      going to head to thunder mountain speedway in pa tonight. never been ther but 3k to win sprints and super lates sounds like a show to check out with all the weather in ohio today.
      Saw a lot of the Western PA guys are going there rather than Eriez. Flick and Sodeman Jr for instance.
      2019 Race Counter: 18
      Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• Here are a list of Driver's that have been confirmed for tomorrow night at Wayne County Speedway on July 21st!

1. Sadie Siegel
        2. Jack Sodeman
        3. Bryan Nuckles
        4. Cody Bova
        5. Dennis Wagner
        6. Frankie Nervo
        7. Mike Bauer

With the tight point chase with Wayne Country Speedway with the top 3 Danny Mumaw Fans, Jordan Ryan and Trey Jacobs, you the fans will be seeing a exciting Sprint Car show on hands!

With OSCS bringing 7 cars along with Wayne County Speedway regulars we should see a GREAT turnout in the 410 Wing Sprint Car division!
        Thank You,
        Steven Pocock
        Office Phone: (419) 765-0088
        Ohio Sprint Car Series President

www.oscsracing.com

Comment

• WCS
          If weather co operates, I think the sprint count will be 23 to 30 cars just taking in some averages.
          27 would be a good number.
          16 to 20 late models.
          Features are generally very interesting.

Comment

• Every Ohio Track rained out Friday night. 4 cancellations before 10 AM today. Fremont, 35 Raceway, Portsmouth & Atomic. Montpelier IN cancelled and I-96 as well.
            Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• Wayne County just cancelled.

Comment

• Oakshade still racing as of now. Final decision at 2PM. Brushcreek in Peebles, OH still a go as of 10:30. Sharon a go as of 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

Saw a lot of the Western PA guys are going there rather than Eriez. Flick and Sodeman Jr for instance.
                  Yea eriez seems to have low car count when the allstars are there. A lot of western pa guys know they cant compete with them either so they don't show. They also would have to drive past thunder mountain to get to eriez which why would anyone drive by a track paying 3k to win to go to an allstar show paying 5k and have to beat those guys. thunder mountain had 34 sprints not all were 410s but most were and the non qualifier race paying $300 was a great idea to draw the smaller motor cars in. 23 latemodels I thought was a good showing The facility is unique with the seating being single row bleacher seats on a mountain side and turns 1 and 4 were for bring your own chairs. The food was excellent and b.y.o.b. is always a plus. The track itself is nicely banked and about the size of fremont so slightly bigger. Ive seen some great races on youtube there but the track prep wasn't very good last night. For one its out in the mountains and the wind was whipping all day and night and with the heat and humidity the moisture just wasn't staying. As the sun went down you could see some moisture come up so they tried to water it days before the race and the day of but it was still just a dust bowl. Guess not everyone has porkchop doing prep. Overall the place is pretty good and has a lot of potential. I would go back

Comment

• All Ohio races rained out this weekend both Friday & Saturday EXCEPT Sharon Speedway tonight and apparently Midway is having an Enduro tonight which has not been cancelled yet either!

Comment

• Pretty unusual weather. I live near Toledo and no rain at my house in a month. This weekend went to a pro baseball game in Ohio and horse racing in Detroit without a drop of precipitation. I think it was a hit and miss thing.

Comment

• I-96 with GLSS 360 sprints still on for today (Sunday) up in the mitten. If anyone is itching for a race. Weather looks great. I read racing starts at 6:00 but GLSS posted around 6:30. Might want to plan on 6. This event is minus the mts non wing. They are running with imca mods, street stocks and 4 cyl.

Comment

• What is going on with the Coomer 21?? Is this car parked and what is Dale Blaney doing??

Comment

• They split ways after the doty.

Comment

• Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                              They split ways after the doty.
                              Can’t say I’m surprised. Doesn’t seem like Dale has been able to run well since Fisher died. Shame he’s struggled so bad though, I wonder what the issue is.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                                Can’t say I’m surprised. Doesn’t seem like Dale has been able to run well since Fisher died. Shame he’s struggled so bad though, I wonder what the issue is.
                                Its pretty obvious Fisher had a lot to do with his success. And that comer car is a hit or miss anyway. They seem to show up here or there but only thing I remember them sticking with was cap henry when they ran the allstar schedule and he was in the top 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X