Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPM has indicated on twitter that Destiny 4 and he have decided to part ways. He said he is looking for a ride for the rest of the year.

I thought PPM did a pretty good job in that car. The 4 has never set the world on fire. I wonder what is next for the 4

Comment

• Maybe Blaney will go into the Destiny 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRacing View Post
        Maybe Blaney will go into the Destiny 4.
        I would like to see this happen... And if Blaney doesn't start winning I'd hope Destiny would start trying some different crew chiefs. Haudenschild, Gravel, McMahan, PPM; I don't think this team is struggling due to lack of talent behind the wheel.

Comment

• Feel sorry for the next guy who gets in that car !!

Comment

• The other option is no one gets In the car and the operation shuts its doors I guess.

Comment

• He was wadding it up nearly every time I saw them. Twice in one night on at least one occasion.

Comment

• He wrecked twice at atomic for speedweek. Theres plenty of drivers out there to give a shot. PPM is very talented but hasn't ran a tough series like the allstars this year. Hard to be consistent with the different tracks and quality of competition the ascoc faces every show.

Comment

• Zearfoss in the world's fastest portable starting with the Cappy classic.

Comment

• Ignore
                    Last edited by GTigers55; July 31st, 2018, 12:49 PM.
                    2019 Race Counter: 8
                    Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

• Glad to see Zearfoss get a shot with all stars. I’ve gotta day I wasn’t too surprised to see the split happen since they haven’t had much success together. I thought they would’ve finished out the year. But surprised how bad ppm struggled with all stars. I think with how stout the series was this year it just made it that much harder.

Comment

• Maybe Parker Price-Miller would be a good fill in this job?

Comment

• Crazy isnt it that Dale is sitting out when he used to be the star.

Seems someone would have picked him up or fielded a second car. He had a lot of fans and publicity following him.

The right crew chief is critical and some pairings are unbeatable. Hopefully he will find the right combo again.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                            Crazy isnt it that Dale is sitting out when he used to be the star.

Seems someone would have picked him up or fielded a second car. He had a lot of fans and publicity following him.

The right crew chief is critical and some pairings are unbeatable. Hopefully he will find the right combo again.
                            Everyone and their brother does well in the Neumeister cars (Mintz, Netto, Duncan, Bell) but for some reason that didn’t work out unfortunately.

i think him taking the Zemco ride was a bad decision. Seemed to start the downward spiral.

Comment

• Weekend Highlights
                              - Atomic Speedway is hosting their 4th Annual Open Wheel championships this weekend. Featuring nothing but open wheeled action for THREE straight days. Kicking off on Thursday with Modifieds, 305 sprints, and sport mods for a modest GA of only $10. Friday night is probably the highlight of the weekend in my opinion. Featuring the OVSCA sprints and BOSS non wing sprints as co-headliners, with Modifieds and 305s on tab as well. In the order listed in the previous sentence, it is $3k to win, $2k to win, $1500 to win, and $1000 to win all very good payouts. Actually, the 305s (which are open to FAST cars as well) pay $1000 every night which means someone could really clean house if they run in top 5 each race. The final night of action wraps up with a $5k to win show for the OVSCA sprints, and a $3k to win show for the modifieds as well as the 305s. A large count of cars can be expected for this three day event with fantastic payouts in each race.

-Buckeye Late Model Dirtweek wraps up with two more events this weekend. Kicking of Friday at the Brushcreek Motorsports Complex in Peebles Ohio, Buckeye late model dirt week heats up with only two races left to go. The finale for Buckeye Late Model dirt week will take place at Portsmouth Raceway Park on Saturday. One of the biggest perks to this: The buckeye late model dirt week champion will receive a provisional into the Lucas Oil Late Model Series' season finale at the Dirt Track World Championship at Portsmouth. The top ten in points is as follows:
                              1. #10 Eddie Carrier Jr - Salt Rock WV - 153 Points
                              2. #12 Ryan Montgomery - Fairmont WV - 142 Points
                              3. #7MM Mike Maresca - Potsdam NY - 130 Points
                              4. #52 Jeromy Misel - Marietta OH - 111 Points
                              5. #42 Chris Garnes - Evans WV - 105 Points
                              6. #6T Tim Dohm - Cross Lanes WV - 98 Points
                              7. #71R Rod Conley - Wheelersburg OH - 95 Points
                              8. #71C R J Conley - Wheelersburg OH - 85 Points
                              9. #28 Tyler Carpenter - Parkersburg WV - 79 Points
                              10. #23C Cody Mahoney - Madison IN - 69 Points

-Muskingum County Speedway wraps up their special event schedule with Kids night August 4th headlined by the super late models and modifieds. It seems that they have been well supported in both car counts and fan counts this season so maybe the Moran's will run a few more shows this next year. Last chance to get out and support this track for the year!

-Sprints! Sprints! Sprints! It's a four track bonanza for 410 sprints on Saturday, with Fremont Hosting the FAST sprints, Atomic Hosting the OVSCA sprints, Wayne County having a regular show, and Sharon Speedway has the Bill Kirila Memorial race for the 410 sprints as part of their Menard's Super Series as well. Car counts have still been very good when all four tracks have ran this year, typically over 85 cars between the four tracks.

-One of the biggest non wing sprint car races in the state of Ohio takes place this Saturday at Waynesfield with the Jack Hewitt Classic featuring the BOSS sprints. The $3k to win show is a big payday for the non wing sprints and usually is one of their best car counts of the season. The support classes feature a $1k to win Modified show and Mini sprints.

Weekend Plans
                              -I plan on being at Wayne County Speedway on Saturday barring the R word or an unexpected factor. Haven't been there since their opener due to my relocation and looking forward to getting back there.
                              • August 2nd
                                • Atomic Speedway – Modifieds, OTSCS 305 Sprints, Sport Modifieds
                              • August 3rd
                                • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, BOSS Non Wing Sprints, OTSCS 305 Sprints, Modifieds
                                • Brushcreek Motorsports Complex – Buckeye Late Model Dirt week, Sport Modifieds, Legends
                                • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts, Wedges
                                • Limaland Motorsports Park – FAST 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks
                                • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
                                • 250 Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts, Wedges
                              • August 4th
                                • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Modifieds, OTSCS 305 Sprints
                                • Brushcreek Motorsports Park – Classes TBA, Enduro
                                • Eldora Speedway – Modifieds, Stocks
                                • Fremont Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Trucks, Crate Late Models
                                • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                                • Muskingum Co. Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Compacts
                                • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
                                • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Buckeye DirtWeek Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
                                • Sharon Speedway – 410 Sprints, RUSH Modifieds, Econo Modifieds, Stocks
                                • Waynesfield Raceway Park – BOSS Non Wing Sprints, Modifieds, Mini Sprints Jack Hewitt Classic
                                • Wayne County Speedway – 410 Sprints, Late Models, Stocks, Compacts
                                • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro

Comment

• Gotta go Fremont this Saturday. Then I'll probably be at Oakshade each Saturday until Fremont resumes racing on Sept 8th. That's right, I'm going the ALMS race at Oakshade, not the Dirt Classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X