Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic, Attica and Fremont are closed. Wayne county not running sprints.
    Sharon is running sprints.
    So the car count should be good.

Comment

• Wayne County Speedway IS racing the Sprints this Saturday, August 4th KIDS Night!! No Sprints on August 11.

Comment

• Fremont has 410's & 305's this Saturday.

Comment

• Whoops post above was for the Mansfield thread.
          Ref. Aug. 11

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
            Gotta go Fremont this Saturday. Then I'll probably be at Oakshade each Saturday until Fremont resumes racing on Sept 8th. That's right, I'm going the ALMS race at Oakshade, not the Dirt Classic.
            Enjoy watching Casey Noonan (literally the only driver running ALMS) and the locals at Oakshade. Should be a good race regardless. I wish ALMS would just stop they aren't even a a real series anymore.
            2019 Race Counter: 14
            Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

• Weather is looking good for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

Enjoy watching Casey Noonan (literally the only driver running ALMS) and the locals at Oakshade. Should be a good race regardless. I wish ALMS would just stop they aren't even a a real series anymore.
                I don't know why UMP keeps the ALMS alive. I think its main function is to sanction the smaller latemodel races at Eldora. Why that is necessary is anybody's guess. I might be wrong here, but I think the Dream and the World 100 are UMP sanctioned.

Comment

• Yep they are but not alms shows. Just ump sanction rules and points

Comment

• RACING WEEKEND RECAP
                    Share your night to what track.

Worked Friday night so no racing.

Good night at WCS.
                    Even with kids night the show kept moving.
                    Car count was way down but the racing was very good.
                    Sorry there was a car at start of sprint feature that bounced off of wall and caused a few cars to get pitted for tires and out. Felt bad for Trey Jacobs, Trevor Baker and especially Brad Haudenschild from the 4B car bouncing off wall hitting Baker causing a mess at start. Once that straightened out the race was good.
                    ​​​​​​​Over before 10:30.
                    Actually enjoyed all the features and food was good at concessions

Comment

• Was also at Wayne co. As said car counts were very down. 14 Sprints, 14 Lates, about 13 Super Stocks and I think 22 mini stocks. That said, most of the heats feature some pretty good racing. Sprint a had a pinball style wreck that took out second starting Brad Haudenschild and got first starting Trey Jacobs put to rear after changing wheel. Catfish started last in the feature after having engine issues in heat. Went 14th to 5th to maintain a slim points lead over Danny Mumaw. Trey Jacobs rebounded and finished 6thz Tyler Dunn went from 5th to finish a career best second place nearly running down Danny Mumaw in the waning laps of the race before lap traffic took his line away.

Drown went from 5th to first relatively quickly after a short battle to take the lead. Prior to that, Malcuit and Markham ran side by side for the first 5 or so laps before markham took the lead. Stock race was side by side most of race and could’ve went tons of different ways.

Oh and a mini stock flipped in its heat. Driver was okay, made repairs and finished 4th in feature.
                      Attica (6), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

• I was at Fremont where it was very sunny & warm. 19- 410's , 22-305's. 11 crate lates. Twenty something trucks. B-mains in truck and 305 divisions were cancelled. All cars ran in the features. Cap Henry won in the 410's. Jamie Miller won the other three features. That has never been done before at Fremont. Anybody going to Knoxville?

Comment

• We ventured over to Waynesfield for the Jack Hewitt Classic BOSS show last night. They had a track prep equipment failure that caused a 30 minute delay in starting and also after the 3rd sprint heat a slight rain shower that caused another 45 minute delay. All in all Waynesfield did an excellent job with moving the program along even though we all knew it would be a late night. The rain helped I believe as the track held the moisture very well and with no more sunshine it provided great racing. The temperature also cooled down so with a light breeze it was a pleasant evening.

Heat races were very good and they had a great car count with 34 BOSS traditional sprints, 33 mini sprints and 29 modifieds. At the start of the mini sprint feature, second starting Tayte Williamson, a 14 year old young man, took a wild ride into turn one. After a lengthy delay they were able to remove him from the car and he was transported according to the track announcer. Chett Gerke was the winner after he finally took the lead in that event and brought it home ahead of the field.

The BOSS feature race was very good as well. Dave Darland started on the pole and led for much of the feature event. However after a restart with about 5 to go, Lee Underwood took the lead away from him and cruised onto victory with Dallas Hewitt making Uncle Jack very proud as he took second away from Darland with 2 laps to go. Darland held on for 3rd. T-Mez put on a show from the rear of the field in the A main. He had some type of problem after he was pushed off and had to return to the pits for repairs. He started last and drove it up to finish 7th for the evening. A shout out also to Matt Westfall who made a charge from deep in the field to about 7th place before slipping up over the cushion and dropping back. Very good racing throughout the field and kudos to Waynesfield for sticking it out and getting this show in.

We didn't stay for the modified feature as with the drive home we didn't get in until 3:00 AM.

Comment

• If I hadn’t been headed home for a wedding (and therefore close to Wayne county) the Jack Hewitt was the big one I was considering going to up here. Sounded like they had a had a long night from the above but if the racing is good that fixes a lot

Comment

• Weekend Highlights
                              -As we've discussed to great lengths in it's own thread, the Great Lakes Dirt Nationals kick off this Friday at Mansfield Motor Speedway featuring the FAST 410 Sprints, BOSS Non Wing Sprints, and FAST 305 Sprints. The event stretches across two days, capped by a $20k to win race for the FAST 410 Sprints on Saturday. There is online ticket sales including reserved seating at Mansfield's website. You can be pretty much guaranteed there will be at least 100 cars there across the three divisions, and some of the top local and regional drivers in each division.

-The King of the Quarter Mile Invitational races takes place at Limaland this weekend in each of their divisions. The top 20 in NRA points, as well as the Modified and Stock drivers square off for the event. From what I understand, the top 6 drivers who either won a race or finished high enough in points if they didn't have a win get to battle for the title of king. Nate Dussel won the 360 show last year after hauling from the rained out Mansfield race.

-The OVSCA have a double down weekend kicking off with a return to their former home track at Skyline Speedway. The race replaces a date previously held by Legendary hilltop prior to their closure. The event certainly use a good crowd in support to make sure they're able to return to a track they used to attend quite frequently. Saturday they travel down to West Virginia just across the river to go to Ohio Valley Speedway. With many of the sprints to be at Mansfield or Knoxville this weekend the car counts may not be huge but their certainly are some solid drivers in that region that are worth seeing if you're in the area.

-One note I'd like to add is that Waynesfield is no longer running the American Ethanol Modified Tour as originally scheduled and instead is running a $1200 to win UMP Modified show.

-250 Speedway closed mid-season again after not announcing a schedule until the first week of June. Second consecutive year that they have not completed their season.
                              • August 10th
                                • Hilltop Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Modlites, Trucks, Compacts, Wedges
                                • Limaland Motorsports Park – NRA 360 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks (Rain Date (8/11)
                                • Mansfield Motor Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, BOSS Non Wing Sprints, FAST 305 Sprints
                                • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
                                • Skyline Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods Compacts
                              • August 11th
                                • Mansfield Motor Speedway – FAST 410 Sprints, BOSS Non Wing Sprints, FAST 305 Sprints
                                • Midway Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Sport Modifieds, Compacts
                                • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
                                • Sharon Speedway – 410 Sprints, RUSH Modifieds, Econo Modifieds, Stocks
                                • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Modifieds, VORES Touring Compacts, Trucks
                                • Wayne County Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts
                                • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
                              • August 12th
                                • Midway Speedway – Enduro

Last edited by GTigers55; August 8th, 2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Noteworthy is Wayne County is doing a $5 grandstand admission night with a back to the 80s theme with contests for free passes. Also kids bike races.
                                So a great price if you are a late model, modified, street stock or mini fan.

Also that Saturday night at the Holmes County Fairgrounds in Millersburg, Ohio is a demolition derby to close out the fair. I know some local racers usually enter this. It is at 7pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X