Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, you called it, GT. Based on the wording of the 21 team's announcement, it may be a two race deal for PPM. Good luck to Coomer Racing this weekend. A top 5 at either track would be very good for them.
    Last edited by racemak; August 16th, 2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
      Yup, you called it, GT. Based on the wording of the 21 team's announcement, it may be a two race deal for PPM. Good luck to Coomer Racing this weekend. A top 5 at either track would be very good for them.
      That car rolled well when the ran ASCoC with Cap. No wins but they were I believe what 5th in points? And that was a solid crop of All Stars that year.
      2019 Race Counter: 27
      Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• GT I am also targeting Montpelier. Not trying to be pessimistic but they rain out almost as easily and often as Limaland. They have had rain there this week already with more today, tomorrow and possibly Sat.

I really have no back up. Butler is always an option since I live 5 miles away. The last 2 races I have been to have been much improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRacing View Post
          GT I am also targeting Montpelier. Not trying to be pessimistic but they rain out almost as easily and often as Limaland. They have had rain there this week already with more today, tomorrow and possibly Sat.

I really have no back up. Butler is always an option since I live 5 miles away. The last 2 races I have been to have been much improved.
          I have a buddy who is planning on coming up but if it's cancelled I'll probably head home and towards wayne county to keep him from driving all this way for nothing. That way we could still go see a good race.

Glad to hear Butler is improving, I haven't heard much about that track other than a lot of drivers don't like it and they had oil in the surface in the 80's.
          Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• They are making a call for Montpelier at 10. They got a lot of rain. Weather looks bleak for Sharon. What about Wayne Co?

Comment

• Montpelier cancelled, Wayne co still a go as of an hour ago

Comment

• Disappointed that Montpelier had to pull the plug , but I hope they can find a date when some of the other tracks are closed in the early Fall, to maximize the car count. This was to have been the first winged 410 event there since 2005, when the former Mid American Sprint Series ( M.A.S.S. ) sanctioned 2 events there. On 6-11-05, Kelly Kinser won there, with a total car count of 32, while this year’s Knoxville winner, Brad Sweet, finished 6th. On 7-9-05, Michigan’s Chad Blonde won. Car count was 20.

Comment

• Well since I live only an hour from Wayne County I took in this race and kept my eye on this Coomer 21 .. Not a good showing at all with Parker Price Miller .. Just wondering if the set up guy is the same one Blaney had .. ??

Comment

• 39 cars at Sharon. Cap won over Blaney Hobaugh Stambaugh and Martin
                    Last edited by Hot Dog; August 19th, 2018, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edge View Post
                      Well since I live only an hour from Wayne County I took in this race and kept my eye on this Coomer 21 .. Not a good showing at all with Parker Price Miller .. Just wondering if the set up guy is the same one Blaney had .. ??
                      Yup

Comment

• 30 sprints WCS
                        Danny Mumaw won over Cole Duncan.
                        Parker Price Miller spun in B to not make the transfer.
                        Big news was Brad Haudenschild retired from sprint car racing for family reasons and Trey Jacobs is the new pilot of the 38k. Trey had a good r

Comment

• Matt Miller won and Oakshade beat the rain for the second week in a row. Rusty Schlenk, Devin Shiels, Ryan Missler were 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Matt Miller was in a brand new Rocket and his appearence was undoubtably a tune-up for the Million next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
                            39 cars at Sharon. Cap won over Blaney Hobaugh Stambaugh and Martin
                            You would think Beer Barrel would get tired of seeing their driver in victory lane with a BWW suit on.

This is what happened the past couple of weekends while BWW gets free advertisement. The sponsorship must not be for that much or not willing to pay a driver to represent them in and out of the car.
                            2019 Race Counter: 23
                            Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
                            DirtVision: 24.
                            Speedshift: 29.
                            Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

You would think Beer Barrel would get tired of seeing their driver in victory lane with a BWW suit on.

This is what happened the past couple of weekends while BWW gets free advertisement. The sponsorship must not be for that much or not willing to pay a driver to represent them in and out of the car.
                              To be fair that uniform is only like a year and half old. I’ve seen drivers wear much older suits. I don’t think they really care that much what he’s wearing or I’m sure they’d get him a new suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

To be fair that uniform is only like a year and half old. I’ve seen drivers wear much older suits. I don’t think they really care that much what he’s wearing or I’m sure they’d get him a new suit.
                                Understand that point and don't blame Cap at all because you wear what you can and what you have, but if I am a sponsor for that car I would like to see my brand that is paying for that car and not one that isn't any longer.
                                2019 Race Counter: 23
                                Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
                                DirtVision: 24.
                                Speedshift: 29.
                                Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

Working...
                                X