Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saphead
    replied
    I remember a Murphys #23 he drove in 1991, but it was white & red. Good topic, I'd like to see a full list of cars he drove.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    So it's Sunday night, drinkin beer in shop kinda solo (wife here but blah blah all I hear) and thinking back....... What and for who did Hewitt drive for? Obviously #63 Hampshire ride (when I became huge fan watching both front wheels off ground down both straightaways lap after lap at Fremont) #21 which became the best dirt racing picture ever hands down and nobody could do better. Wasn't there a yellow car he ran that maybe Todd Kane run? What else was there? Fun recollect of years cars and divisions.. ...what do you remember??? FYI, last knew his dirt million Rayburn was still for sale on racingjunk or Craigslist/Lima

Leave a comment:

• Sprintcarfanatic
    replied
    Iff'n it isn't Saphead it's his twin brother !!!!

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Yes a few things were good. Liked the SRO reference to the meeting at PRI. I was in the right mood for that humor.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Ed Lynch Sr, The Original Apollo Rocket, was lost to the racing world.
    His wife was Jean, race promoter and former speedweek and all star person.
    Father to Ed Lynch Jr.
    Grandfather to Sye Lynch.
    Ed Sr was a well known figure around PA and Ohio racetracks.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Checked him out.
    Funny as hell like am0ti said.
    Hope he keeps it up.

Leave a comment:

• am0ti
    replied
    I don't know, but he is funny as HELL

Leave a comment:

• Saphead
    replied
    Fess up.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    Christopher Bell wins races no matter what type of car he drives. He should do the Indy 500 this year. Having Fernando Alonso and C. Bell in the 500 would make the race very interesting. Alonso is attempting to be the 2nd man to win the triple crown. (Indy 500, Monaco GP, 24 Hours of LeMans) With the right team, Bell could win the 500 this May.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    I honestly wonder if c-bell would win almost all of the races if he ran midgets full time again. I can’t imagine he’d lose more than 3 in the season. He’s just so talented behind the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Kerner
    replied
    I was there this weekend .The lower bowl sold out Saturday with people sitting in nose bleeds.

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    Got a good crowd for Saturday from what I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    Place holds 60k people so no it's not gonna look packed. What read Thursday lowest attendance, Friday gets better and Saturday is real good. XFL putting team in St. Louis in 2020 so will dome race continue or move dates? Be interesting in future. Also they ain't putting on this show for 3rd year in row if not getting a damn nice pay day!

Leave a comment:

• DirtRacer42
    replied
    By the crowds in the stands the past tow nights doesn't look like that well attended of a event. Must make a lot of money on pit passes, entry fees, and all those suites sold out. Be interesting to see if Saturday night is better or not. Wish them well.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    I watched on thursday. Track got a little choppy then but other than that racing was great. Rusty did good to hold on to the lead. Modifieds there are fun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X