Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edge View Post
    Well since I live only an hour from Wayne County I took in this race and kept my eye on this Coomer 21 .. Not a good showing at all with Parker Price Miller .. Just wondering if the set up guy is the same one Blaney had .. ??
    I don't think you could call it a bad showing at all. I mean he was leading the bmain by a straightaway almost and got screwed by the officials throwing the caution flag late and he had no where to go but stop on the track to avoid crashing. He did look terrible in the heat race but figured out something in the bmain just like dean Jacobs did. Wish he would of made the feature to see it play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtRacer42 View Post

Understand that point and don't blame Cap at all because you wear what you can and what you have, but if I am a sponsor for that car I would like to see my brand that is paying for that car and not one that isn't any longer.
      Maybe they don't want to pay $1200-2k for a new suit and use their money for equipment. You only see the suit when he wins... not a bad problem to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post

Maybe they don't want to pay $1200-2k for a new suit and use their money for equipment. You only see the suit when he wins... not a bad problem to have.
        Right on !!! Too many people waste money on what I call “ feel good “ items—- lavish trailers, high tech paint schemes on helmets, pit carts, etc. I always admire those who spend it where it counts the most—the race car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

Right on !!! Too many people waste money on what I call “ feel good “ items—- lavish trailers, high tech paint schemes on helmets, pit carts, etc. I always admire those who spend it where it counts the most—the race car.
          Yep we saw the frankenstein car DJ Foos won a couple races in last year. Ugly but fast is better than glitter with a dud engine.
          2019 Race Counter: 27
          Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• I agree with mud

Comment

• I dont call a fire suit a luxury item. When you been caught in a car fire, then you appreciate the money spent on it and the nomex under garments gloves shoes etc.

Comment

So spending how much on a wrap for the entire car cost what and isn't that a luxury item?

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

I agree with you about the Fremont/Attica regulars that have the WoO toter homes and trailers when they only venture 20-30 minutes from home 90% of the year.

Drivers suit to me should be #2 right behind a well funded and nice looking car especially if it has more than just a local company sponsor such as this beer barrel liquor.

Helmet that is on the driver in most cases especially if they want the paint job, pit carts are handy and something teams need to make their job better/easier and also have the function of pushing car around or at home.

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                I dont call a fire suit a luxury item. When you been caught in a car fire, then you appreciate the money spent on it and the nomex under garments gloves shoes etc.
                Agree 100% this is the issue I have with some teams/drivers that always think it won't happen to them especially not having the better containment seats, head/neck restraint, nomex underwear/head sock, and a good fire-suit and gloves. Most think these type of issues won't happen to them and they can spend the money elsewhere.
                2019 Race Counter: 23
                Tracks: Attica (5), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (2).
                DirtVision: 24.
                Speedshift: 29.
                Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

I don't think you could call it a bad showing at all. I mean he was leading the bmain by a straightaway almost and got screwed by the officials throwing the caution flag late and he had no where to go but stop on the track to avoid crashing. He did look terrible in the heat race but figured out something in the bmain just like dean Jacobs did. Wish he would of made the feature to see it play out.
                  Caution came out when he was coming out of 2. Don't know if the raceiver was working but he should of seen the light. It was said at the driver's meeting if you stop on the track you go to the tail. So no screwing was done there.

Comment

• The light in turn 3 didn't come on until he was already at it. The rest of the field might have been in turn 2. guess we agree to disagree.

Comment

• Weekend Highlights
                      -The Dirt Late Model Million currently sits at a day 2 purse of $369,589 dollars that is approximately $188k to win. The blockbuster crowd funded race at Mansfield Motor Speedway and Sanctioned by the Lucas Oil late models promises to be a race to remember. Currently there are 99 drivers registered for the event including the Lucas Oil Regulars and some of the other biggest names in late models. Some notables include Scott Bloomquist, Jonathan Davenport, Dale McDowell, Bobby Pierce, Josh Richards, Jimmy Owens, Shane Clanton, Jeep Van Wormer, Don O'Neal, and many many more. Including many locals pre-entered such as Doug Drown, Ryan Markham, Matt Irey, Casey Noonan, Corey Conley, and the Carpenters. The previous Lucas Oil show this year at Mansfield featured a solid count of cars and with this much money on the line an even better event can be expected. Certainly the biggest race on the weekend.

-Moler Raceway Park postponed their Ike Moler memorial to this Friday after rain interfered with last weeks attempt. Many of the southern locals can still be expected to be there, but with the Dirt Million some of the top dogs may be at Mansfield this weekend.

-Attica Raceway Park will be having Season Championship night with the 410 and 305 sprints with lots of money and bragging rights on the line. One point seperates Byron Reed and Stuart Brubaker for the track championship so literally every position matters. The battle will likely come down to who wins between these two drivers, but with double points it is possible that Cap Henry and others could snipe the title if both Reed and Brubaker have an off night. Meanwhile, Weaver has a 23 point lead over Kyle Capodice in the 305s. Meaning Capodice would need to finish 6 spots higher than Weaver (thanks to double points) in order to claim the title. The Late Models will have their season championship during the Dirt Classic Ohio weekend. The top 10 in 410s and 305s are below.
                      410 Winged Sprints
                      305 Winged Sprints
                      -The OVSCA sprints return to their home track at Atomic Speedway with their points race heating up as well between Jason Dolick and Dave Dickson for the OVSCA title. Danny Smith has a pretty solid lead over Nate Reeser for the Atomic track championship. They've been having pretty consistent car counts and with both 410s and Late Models on the card the show for meet the drivers night.

-Wayne County wraps up their track championships for everything except the Late Models this weekend as well on Saturday with a tight battle that will come down to the final race between Jordan Ryan and Danny Mumaw for the 410 sprint track championship. Bob Daugherty all but wrapped up the super stock championship over Paul Holmes and Brandon Craver who are currently tied for second, but with being allowed up to two races to "drop" the low points it's still possible for the duo to overcome Daugherty's lead. Doug Hensel leads the Mini Stock championship and with Cory Staley in second and Doug Hensel in 3rd.

-Portsmouth Raceway Park will also be hosting their Kids night on Saturday with their regular show on the cards featuring Late Models, Modifieds, Sport mods, and Limited Late Models.

Weekend Plans
                      While I included this in the prior weekend outlook, I'm planning on going to the Fremont Fair Race tomorrow assuming the rain stays away. I work this weekend so no racing for me this weekend otherwise unless I find something interesting nearby on Sunday.
                      • August 24th
                        • Attica Raceway Park – 410 Sprints, 305 Sprints, Mini Sprints
                        • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models Dirt Million
                        • Moler Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Compacts
                        • Raceway 7 – Crate Late Models, E-Modifieds, Stocks, Econo Modifieds, Compacts
                      • August 25th
                        • Atomic Speedway – OVSCA Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Modifieds
                        • Fremont Speedway – NTPA Tractor Pull
                        • Mansfield Motor Speedway – Lucas Oil Late Models Dirt Million
                        • Oakshade Raceway – Late Models, Sportsmans, Stocks, Compacts
                        • Portsmouth Raceway Park – Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Late Models, Sport Modifieds
                        • Sharon Speedway – 410 Sprints, RUSH Modifieds, Econo Modifieds, Stocks
                        • Waynesfield Raceway Park – Modifieds, Mini Sprints, Trucks, Compacts
                        • Wayne County Speedway – 410 Sprints, Modifieds, Stocks, Compacts
                        • 35 Raceway Park – Modifieds, Sport Modifieds, Modlites, Stocks, Compacts, 4cyl Stocks, Enduro
                      • August 26th
                        • Skyline Speedway – Late Models, Modifieds, Sport Mods, Compacts (Double Features)

Last edited by GTigers55; August 20th, 2018, 06:54 PM.
                      Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Another amazing job GT, thank you.

Im doing the dirt million. Names of all over will make this a good race.

Comment

• I'm either going to Mansfield sat. or Norwalk sat. playing it by ear will decide then.

Comment

• Heads up, Hilltop cancelled for this weekend so the locals could race Mansfield and their points championship has now concluded.

Comment

• Just saw Fremont Fair Race is cancelled.

Comment

• There will be a good sprint race at Wayne County.
                                2018 Championship will be decided.
                                Looks like some travelers coming in.
                                Always a good show with surprises in the good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X