Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does UMP have a large following?
    The World of Outlaws Late Models have been fairly disappointing in the shows I have seen. Lucas seems to bring a lot more cars.

When the RUSH crate late models were at Wayne County, a couple drivers just came to get easy points as the car count was low.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
      Does UMP have a large following?
      The World of Outlaws Late Models have been fairly disappointing in the shows I have seen. Lucas seems to bring a lot more cars.

When the RUSH crate late models were at Wayne County, a couple drivers just came to get easy points as the car count was low.
      It’s not a touring series more of a crown the champion of all of the UMP late model tracks combined. I imagine most people don’t run for points in it just the tracks they run at happen to be UMP. I believe Devin Shiels is leading the Ohio region.

sidenote: only Attica, Eldora, and Oakshade are listed as UMP tracks for late models in Ohio. Portsmouth was I think last year. They have Fremont and Millstream listed but they don’t run late models.
      2019 Race Counter: 27
      Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• John Ivy leads the Fremont 305 championship by 28 points. Somehow Jamie Miller has 5 wins and is in 7th place. The only other drivers to win a race this year are Steve Rando and Bobby Clark. What if Jamie Miller wins the feature? Would he be track champion regardless of where John Ivy finishes?

Comment

• most if not all the Ill. tracks are ump that's where most of the competition is. Unzicker, Feger and Babb to name just a few. As far as the points I don't remember offhand what it is but they only count like your best 40 or 45 finishes something like that. The big thing with ump is a form of insurance if injured racing as well as a set standard of rules mainly for tires so your not buying 3 different brands to compete at various tracks.

Comment

• Its best 35 races.

Comment

• Originally posted by MFW View Post
              Its best 35 races.
              Good posts, very informative. I had forgotten about the insurance deal. Lots of good latemodel tracks in Illinois. Fairbury is a gem.

Comment

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
                John Ivy leads the Fremont 305 championship by 28 points. Somehow Jamie Miller has 5 wins and is in 7th place. The only other drivers to win a race this year are Steve Rando and Bobby Clark. What if Jamie Miller wins the feature? Would he be track champion regardless of where John Ivy finishes?
                No Ivy would have to pretty much not make the feature and even then it's pretty slim. The points are pretty much between Rando, Capodice, Schnieder and Ivy

Comment

• Most of the Southern tracks went to a AMRA/UMP combo rule it allows the ump guys to run there without changing out tires now and I think that’s helped a bit down there.
                  Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Miller missed first race of season I believe. Their focus was fast title

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                      Miller missed first race of season I believe. Their focus was fast title
                      Rich Farmer has said that every time a car is on the track, its earning points. Clearly, Fremont's system of awarding track points rewards attendance over winning. How points are awarded is an off season topic. We will find out who the FAST 305 champ is next Friday night. I hope its Jamie Miller, but I have not seen the FAST point standings to know if that's possible

Comment

• You get show up points and points in the B main or feature. That's it. Miller can't get beat in FAST points unless he doesn't show up to the track on the last night.

Comment

• Eldora World 100 now cancelled until October.

Comment

• Atomic is a wash.
                            Fremont making a decision at 12. Looks 50/50 there.
                            Sharon does not look good if the weather man is right.
                            Port Royal moved up the start to beat the rain.

Comment

• Hilltop Millersburg Ohio is rained out.
                              Next weekend 2 day Final show of the year.

Comment

• Did anywhere locally get show in? Saw a lot a talk about Butler likely being the only one to sneak it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X