Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
    He's said it in a few different post race interviews. I cant' name the exact race or track. When you go to around 50 races a year at 10 different tracks things kind of blend together. And I beg to differ on the 11n not being a good car. Mintz had that car looking great at Mansfield and chistopher bell had no problems winning in it.
    Depends on who is turning the wrenches too. Andrews and Blaney both looked bad in the 11 & 19 cars. Mintz and Bell were fast. You can only go as fast as the car allows.

    Comment


    • #47
      I believe Dale can still win races, though perhaps not as frequently as in his more youthful years. This would not be unique to him. As in any sport, including racing, as the years pass by the skills are not quite as sharp. Given the right circumstances ( a well funded team, a proven crew chief, etc ) he can be competitive in local and regional racing, including special events and All Star sanctions. He can win races, especially on the dry slick surfaces, which requires a better skill set. Let’s remember that there are fewer and fewer independent car owners out there ( most teams being family owned and driven ) so there aren’t a large numbers of car owners out there tripping over one another trying to employ hired guns. Just my opinion, but a driver of his talent and past accomplishments should never take a ride just because there isn’t much out there. I hope something develops for him and that we see him win some more races in 2018.

      Comment


      • #48
        Rumors are out there that Dale has a ride.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by 23J View Post
          Rumors are out there that Dale has a ride.
          Any idea who? I was thinking maybe he runs all stars in the 33m

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

            Any idea who? I was thinking maybe he runs all stars in the 33m
            Ray Marshall is suppose to be going wingless racing with 2 cars this year.
            2019 RACE COUNTER: 39

            Volusia - 4, Bubba - 3, Lincoln - 1, Williams Grove - 2, Port Royal - 2, Attica - 7, Waynesfield - 2, Virginia - 1, Eldora - 4, Fremont - 3, Mansfield - 1, Outlaw - 1, Stateline - 1, Weedsport - 1, Atomic - 1, Wayne County - 3, Muskingum - 1, Sharon - 1

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by am0ti View Post

              Ray Marshall is suppose to be going wingless racing with 2 cars this year.
              Mr know it all!!!!!!!!!!! haha

              Comment


              • #52
                Perhaps DAVE,DALE and RYAN could scrape up enough money to put at least 1 car together for DALE.

                Comment


                • #53
                  If I was an owner and I had enough parts laying around the shop to put a car together, I'd put Blaney in it without a second thought. I'm not, and I can't but I hope someone does!
                  ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                    If I was an owner and I had enough parts laying around the shop to put a car together, I'd put Blaney in it without a second thought. I'm not, and I can't but I hope someone does!
                    Agree ... he can still hang with the All-Stars and be very effective. Like anybody else he needs a good team behind him as well that work for him and does what he wants because he has shown he can get it done when that happens.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Maybe the coomer 21 will be back on track and will hire Dale! That or I could see him running the 9x

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I'm sure the Grove #70 will be available by April or May.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by DERF View Post
                          I'm sure the Grove #70 will be available by April or May.
                          Yea he is going to kick his brother out of the ride ... hahahaha.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            DA!! The point was Dave will be out by then GENIUS.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Wonder if he's had some smaller teams offer at all but doesn't want to hurt credibility by racing in sub par equipment? I'm not saying this has happened but I'm sure talented and reputable drivers don't always jump on the first offer like a younger unheralded driver may be more inclined to do. Also, highly doubt Dave is gonna get fired that early. He's ran very well in the limited seat time he had with Motter last year. Won a race at Atomic too although can't recall if that was an All star sanction or not. I think it was.
                              2019 Race Counter: 18
                              Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by DERF View Post
                                DA!! The point was Dave will be out by then GENIUS.
                                Yea ... and you really think his brother will gladly take over the ride his brother just got fired from ... lol ... okay genius.

                                Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                                Wonder if he's had some smaller teams offer at all but doesn't want to hurt credibility by racing in sub par equipment? I'm not saying this has happened but I'm sure talented and reputable drivers don't always jump on the first offer like a younger unheralded driver may be more inclined to do. Also, highly doubt Dave is gonna get fired that early. He's ran very well in the limited seat time he had with Motter last year. Won a race at Atomic too although can't recall if that was an All star sanction or not. I think it was.
                                I would say that is probably right ... he (Dale) doesn't want to get into a deal like what happened last year for him back in Ohio.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X