Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racemak
    replied
    How can this group justify its existance?

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
    Here comes a bunch of expensive new rules like what happened in late models
    Based on this, I don't expect it to be much different. Also, having unified rules isn't a bad thing and maybe they can work to actually curb the costs of racing. Also, pretty decently diverse groups involved in this.

The council will not act as a governing body. The decision to adjust rules, adapt safety measures, enforce suspensions or otherwise will ultimately be decided at the respective series, track and car owner level.

Participating members of the council include: All Star Circuit of Champions, American Sprint Car Series (ASCS), Attica Raceway Park, BAPS Motor Speedway, Barry Jackson (crew chief CJB Motorsports and chassis builder), Daryn Pittman (driver), Empire Super Sprints (ESS), IRA Sprints, Jackson Motorplex, John Darby (consultant), Kevin Nouse (PA 358 Sprints), Knoxville Raceway, Lincoln (PA) Speedway, Mark Chevalier (team owner and engineer), Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA), National Sprint League (NSL), Ryan Hand (former crew chief), Paul McMahan (driver), Port Royal Speedway, POWRi, POWRi WAR Sprint Car League, Skagit Speedway, Upper Midwest Sprint Series (UMSS), United States Auto Club (USAC), WI MSA 360 sprints, World of Outlaws and Williams Grove Speedway.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    Here comes a bunch of expensive new rules like what happened in late models

Leave a comment:

• TheAMain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Denny Kerner
    replied
    Originally posted by JK47 View Post
    If Wise is 15 you won't be seeing him racing at Eldora this weekend. Their rules state driver must be 16.
    Saw on twitter today.Mr.Wise turned 16 today.Some people don't know as much as they think they do.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    Lates & mods are 1st come 1st serve. There is a cutoff number. Don't know on midgets

Leave a comment:

• Hammy711
    replied
    Hey guys, I know the season is ending. I just wanted to put this out there now as you are getting ready for next year. I raced 360 and 410 sprints in the southwest. Im the son of a well respected sprint car builder. Im looking for a 2 car or single car team 305 to 410. I bring a ton of experience with me. I'm easy going but hard charging. I'm about 90 miles from Fremont speedway. Shoot me a message, lets talk!

Leave a comment:

• Denny Kerner
    replied
    I believe the mods and midgets were invite only.

Leave a comment:

• racemike
    replied
    Last year there was over 200 late models and modifieds combined. Seen a couple of days ago there was over 100 late models, and high 50's for the modifieds and the midgets so don't think it's all invite only.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    It's an invite only event for all 3 divisions. I won't be there but I hope it goes well. Seems like they've done well with this event.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Any one attending?

Quite a few drivers signed up for the midgets from list on dome site.

Noticing the WoO drivers are notably missing. Must be from protect the brand policy.

List looks really good.

Leave a comment:

• Edge
    replied
    They did have several wins in the years racing with the All stars but not anywhere near outstanding for a team winning the Championship for a few years!! A Top five car at times but mostly top ten that made it to all the shows.. It was always a very well kept car and sharp looking..Other than this year the past traveling competition was not there
    Last edited by Edge; October 28th, 2018, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    Florence had show and canceled Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• TheAMain
    replied
    Moler canceled and Atomic PPD to November 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    That's pretty cool stuff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X