Premature Silly Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premature Silly Season Thread

So as has become well talked about the past week or two Paul McMahan is stepping out of the Destiny Motorsports car and PPM is going to take over in that car. So that will be one contender for rookie of the year next year. Any speculation on anybody else who will bump up to the WoO next year as a rookie? I think someone like Carson Macedo could really contend if he got a ride for WoO but I just don't think there is really anything available to where he could do it. I also wonder if any of the teams will "drop off" of the tour going into next season. I really don't think any will to be honest, Greg has got the Hercules sponsor and is funded decently due to that and has obligations at dealerships and so forth which helps maintain his great relationship. Knipp has started to look like he's coming into something this year; I will point out I saw that team had a -12 engine for sale on hoseheads classifieds that they were running with the WoO which absolutely amazes me they were able to hang as well as they did in some races. The only one I could possibly see leaving is Sides, he seems to still like running the WoO but in an interview I think on winged nation he did seem like he is a bit worn out from all the travel. Like I said I think they'll all stay.

Then there is the all stars which I imagine will have a very different field of cars again next year. I imagine the majority would stay that's still on. Kemenah, Armstrong, Smith, Helms (provided he doesn't choose to focus on work, I could see him leaving), Spithaler, Stambaugh. Esh I'm pretty certain will all come back. Probably the matus's, garvin, and mackison's as well. I don't see Campbell staying but I also didn't think he'd run it this year when he signed up so theres that. I do know that I hope the FL swing are not for points this year though. Didn't affect too much in the end but there are certainly some teams that didn't run ASCoC because of it. If it isn't points in FL, I imagine Lee Jacobs will be back on tour. I'd like to see Macedo and Saldana run ASCoC full time as I feel like they could certainly push for a championship. I'd like to see Cap on tour but I don't think the Lane's have the funds to back running the whole schedule and I'm selfishly okay with seeing him run locally. Another that I would say could be a surprise but possibility is someone like Justin Peck. He's got an ASCoC win already and has been fairly successful for his first year in a 410.

And lastly on a local note I saw Kelsey Ivy is jumping into 410s next year so good luck to her in that endevour! I also will speculate that Peterson may jump into 410 full time next year but that's speculation and me talking out of my ass so I said it myself lol.

EDIT: Left out TJ Michael in ASCoC part, I think he'll stay in ASCoC but after regressing a bit statistically this year I could see him running more local stuff. But, he'll likely stay on I think.

Jac Haud wasn't supposed to be the permanent driver in the #17. Not to sure lee Jacobs will be an allstar next year since he likes his freedom to pick and choose and plus not have to travel far. Another reason is guys like cole Duncan don't run with the allstars because they work full time jobs. hard to be in other states on Friday night so many times a year. not to mention the sunday shows.

Comment

Macedo will be in the #17 on the WOO tour next year I'd imagine

Comment

I actually didn't mention that car because I'm not certain the 17 will be on tour next year. If so I could definitely see macedo getting that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
          Macedo will be in the #17 on the WOO tour next year I'd imagine
          I think Jac is keeping that seat warm for Sheldon.

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post

I think Jac is keeping that seat warm for Sheldon.
            That's what I am thinking too

Comment

Working...
            X