Atomic???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic???

Sounds like a lot of drivers aren't very happy after yesterday's race ... something to it about the track or just racers mad like normal?

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
    Sounds like a lot of drivers aren't very happy after yesterday's race ... something to it about the track or just racers mad like normal?
    Don't know a thing about it. Anyone have any details ? Unhappy over what ?

Comment

It seems from comments from Broughton and Cruea on twitter that running a B main to send 2 cars home instead of starting everyone may have had something to do with it. I saw they had 23 cars and ran a B main surprised me a little bit. But tracks/sanctions do stuff like this all the time so is what it is. Personally, to me if you start 20 typically and have 24 or less cars just start them all and pay the extra spots tow money. Fair enough in my opinion but I don't own a track so it's not my call. Its the right of the track or sanction owner to do with that how they please.

Comment

kyle cruea‏ @kylezeero

FYI my car will not be back at Atomic! Just saying

Lee Jacobs‏ @LeeJacobsRacing 9h9 hours ago

Can't thank @1881Racing @AJHavens54 and Brian Shane enough. If @AtomicSpeedway penalized us last night because they wanted a show they got

AJ Havens‏ @AJHavens54 20h20 hours ago

Thanks @LeeJacobsRacing for helping me back up my cocky ass tweet! Won the b from last. Started 16th ran 3rd.. #weweretheshow #urwelcome

AJ Havens‏ @AJHavens54 22h22 hours ago

Don't worry @AtomicSpeedway we will take that fuckin on the chin n start last n win your bmain and put a show on for all 25 people here

AJ Havens‏ @AJHavens54 23h23 hours ago

Wow maybe we shoulda drove n supported the 410 show in Michigan after that fuckin! #shoveditindry #donttheleaderstarttherace #getglassesbro

Ryan Broughton‏ @rbroughton22
        23h23 hours ago

Bmain to send 2 cars home LOL

Comment

This is why you need black and white rules. Otherwise it is a grey area and up to the promoter.

Comment

I don't particularly like the idea of running a B Main which results in only 2 cars not making the Main , but I do know factually that one school of thought by some promoters is that the customers ( the fans ) will see one less event if there isn't a B Main, and may be upset if fewer than the normal number of races are run. Additionally, there are some tracks who would rather pay $ 100 to the non transfer cars in the B, than add them to the Main and pay Main Event start money ( $ 200-250 apiece or whatever ). Personally, I'm in favor of adding the cars to the Main, and if a track can't afford a couple hundred extra dollars, it's time to shut the facility down and seek out a more profitable endeavor. But, I don't own or promote a track and wouldn't think of doing it in today's world, so this is just an old mans opinion. While I'm on my bandwagon, I've always cringed to see a track or sanction body payoff wherein the last 4 to 6 positions ( even more on occasion) in the Main all pay the same amount. I've seen a lot of races over the years wherein most or all of the starting field is still running at the end but the back markers are all being paid the same amount. As is the case with putting 2 cars on the trailer , the little guys always seem to take it up the pooper. It's the nature of the beast in the world of racing, so one has to either accept it or walk away. Hey posters- chime in with your view.

Comment

These guys knew when they bought their pit pass that the normal starting field is 20 cars. So complaining on twitter is the wrong way to go about it. Talk to the promoter and see what his opinion is on it

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                These guys knew when they bought their pit pass that the normal starting field is 20 cars. So complaining on twitter is the wrong way to go about it. Talk to the promoter and see what his opinion is on it
                Lee's and AJ's tweets were not due to the B-main issue. It had to do with the start of the heat they were in. Yes, they ended up in the B-main, but it was all due to the start of the heat race.

Comment

Yeah either way better to talk to the promoter yourself as opposed to going on a twitter rant. I have gone on a few twitter rants myself so i dont really have room to talk haha

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post

Lee's and AJ's tweets were not due to the B-main issue. It had to do with the start of the heat they were in. Yes, they ended up in the B-main, but it was all due to the start of the heat race.
                    And what was the problem at the start of the heat race? Cars not lined up properly, someone jumped the start or they waved the green flag without some of the competitors realizing the race was starting on that lap? I wasn't there but I'm interested to hear why they are upset. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

And what was the problem at the start of the heat race? Cars not lined up properly, someone jumped the start or they waved the green flag without some of the competitors realizing the race was starting on that lap? I wasn't there but I'm interested to hear why they are upset. Thanks.
                      I wasn't there either so have no clue and was wondering what happened. Was anybody there that saw anything out of the ordinary?

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

i wasn't there either, just going off what I been told. Lee was pole sitter (so he shoulda started the race), from what ive heard, Wimmer took off way early (started outside pole). Lee stayed out of it, everybody else went. Caution was never thrown. Should Lee have went, yes. Should Lee been the one to start, yes. Should the caution have been thrown, yes.

Comment

Actually, Wimmer left a little early not way early, and Jacobs never left at all ... Caution was thrown and the second row was moved up ... Boils down to whom was at fault, Wimmer for going a little early or Jacobs for not going at all ... Simple, if the front row can't start the race right, let the second row have a shot at it.

Comment

First of all thank you for posting an answer to my question. Looking at the last two posts, it seem certain that somehow the start wasn't what it should have been. However, what was described in those posts are totally different. I'm not disputing anything since I wasn't there but it seems that the front row was at fault in both cases. IF that was how it happened, then moving the second row up seems to be the right call to make. Again, I wasn't there and I don't have any first hand knowledge about the situation. If that is what has drivers upset enough to say they won't return, I doubt they will be any happier some place else when something goes wrong.

Comment

Sounds like something that happens all the time at tracks. Like Austin McCarl's jump during a heat of the prelims at the Knoxville Nats, and I've seen plenty of starts that shouldve been called back in person that weren't. Unless something egregious happened I'm not sure why someone would be that upset.

Comment

Working...
                              X