Atomic???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    Sounds like something that happens all the time at tracks. Like Austin McCarl's jump during a heat of the prelims at the Knoxville Nats, and I've seen plenty of starts that shouldve been called back in person that weren't. Unless something egregious happened I'm not sure why someone would be that upset.
    I agree. Normally when they call it back and leave the front row in place, then the other car jumps the start and no yellow at all. It seems to me to be better to move the second row up and try it again. If being sent back a row upsets you as a driver, maybe you need to work on your starts. I personally like the white chalk line on the racing surface to indicate where the start is suppose to happen. And I believe that Atomic normally has that if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Depending on sanctions, officials and tracks outside pole car that jumped is often penalized 2 spots if they dont call the start back.
      They tell you in meeting the pole starts the race so if Lee thought it was bad and he thought it should have been restart, he would have been correct. That is not taking into account if there was a chalk line and if they were told when you hit the chalk line go racing then outside pole would have been able to go.
      Not at race so did not see what happened.
      Many gray areas that end up making these decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanfor60years View Post
        Actually, Wimmer left a little early not way early, and Jacobs never left at all ... Caution was thrown and the second row was moved up ... Boils down to whom was at fault, Wimmer for going a little early or Jacobs for not going at all ... Simple, if the front row can't start the race right, let the second row have a shot at it.
        Thanks for clearing it up. Like I said, I wasn't there, just going off what I was told by a couple other people.

Comment

The pole sitter starts the race. It sounds like a cluster. Mansfield penalized the leader for not getting in the gas coming out f 4 on a single file start earlier this year. Didn't think that was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
            The pole sitter starts the race. It sounds like a cluster. Mansfield penalized the leader for not getting in the gas coming out f 4 on a single file start earlier this year. Didn't think that was possible.
            Agree ... pole sitter should always start the race no matter if it is the start of the race or a restart.

The only thing I could see about the leader being penalized is if he didn't get going by a certain point on the track. In some ways I like the deal of how NASCAR has two lines for starting so the leader can start at a certain point, but if he doesn't go by the last point the flagman starts the race if the leader doesn't go in-between the lines.

Actually for restarts I always liked the old rules where the leader could take off whenever he wanted on the backstretch when the pace car went into the infield. The only thing I didn't like about that rule was the leaders doing the "go, but brake check deal" and then take off again. I always thought when a leader did that he should be penalized for doing it. Think they should have a rule that once you take off or start speeding up you must continue.

I never liked the cone by the flagstand especially when they have it up the track so high. Also don't really like the chalk line where everybody knows exactly where the starting spot is and doesn't give the leader/pole sitter a advantage. Also don't like how the starts are anymore where everybody spreads out or moves around so when they get ready to start you can almost see 4-wide on starts. Really think those starts should be restarted and those guys need to stay in line or should be penalized after a certain point.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
              If you're talking about Seger he went well past the chalk line multiple times causing field to stack up which is why I'm guessing they penalized him. I don't know exactly what was said in drivers meeting but I'm smart enough to know you can't just wait until flagstand to start race (slight exagerration) like he did.

Also, Eroc, Portsmouth still starts races on the backstretch. Saw guys start from anywhere between turn 2 and just about turn 3 when I went there.

Comment

I prefer restart in turn 3 but there was still a cone in 3. To be truthfully hones to drivers it makes no real huge difference. Think was easier to stay single file with turn 3 since off 4 everyone looking for bite to accelerate but going into corner everyone gets to pick line and go thru it better. Hate hard brake checks but it's your job to anticipate and know how leader does his thing

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

If you're talking about Seger he went well past the chalk line multiple times causing field to stack up which is why I'm guessing they penalized him. I don't know exactly what was said in drivers meeting but I'm smart enough to know you can't just wait until flagstand to start race (slight exagerration) like he did.

Also, Eroc, Portsmouth still starts races on the backstretch. Saw guys start from anywhere between turn 2 and just about turn 3 when I went there.
                  You can start anywhere from the cone in turn 4 to the cone at the flag stand. As shitty as Mansfield track was you had to get any advantage you could especially since they cut the laps in half.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Agree ... pole sitter should always start the race no matter if it is the start of the race or a restart.

The only thing I could see about the leader being penalized is if he didn't get going by a certain point on the track. In some ways I like the deal of how NASCAR has two lines for starting so the leader can start at a certain point, but if he doesn't go by the last point the flagman starts the race if the leader doesn't go in-between the lines.

Actually for restarts I always liked the old rules where the leader could take off whenever he wanted on the backstretch when the pace car went into the infield. The only thing I didn't like about that rule was the leaders doing the "go, but brake check deal" and then take off again. I always thought when a leader did that he should be penalized for doing it. Think they should have a rule that once you take off or start speeding up you must continue.

I never liked the cone by the flagstand especially when they have it up the track so high. Also don't really like the chalk line where everybody knows exactly where the starting spot is and doesn't give the leader/pole sitter a advantage. Also don't like how the starts are anymore where everybody spreads out or moves around so when they get ready to start you can almost see 4-wide on starts. Really think those starts should be restarted and those guys need to stay in line or should be penalized after a certain point.

They have too many chiefs there and no one knows what they were doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X