Wayne County Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne County Saturday

Wondering if there will be any surprise drivers Saturday besides Christopher Bell?

There usually is one or two who turn up at WCS.
    It should be a good show if weather co operates.
    Havent really been looking on internet sites to see who has made a commitment.

Comment

I saw Cap Henry said he was going in the Lane car. Should be a good show for those who can attend. I may be able to make it over to Fremont while I'm in area. Too far of a drive from where I'm at to go to WCS. Wish I was able to get there more this year but I'm glad I was able to get there a few times this year.

Comment

Weather doesn't really look good for Saturday night and that might be why we haven't heard about many teams/drivers heading that way.

Comment

I dont know what weather you are seeing, ErocW, but the forecast for WCS is low 80s sunshine and NO rain. I currently am 15 minutes away from track working and it is nice outside.
          I think it will be a great night for racing when I get there today this late afternoon and I'll try to post the weather.
          Also heard and saw on a few posts quite a few teams making the journey.
          So the weather is not the problem. It is people posting negative comments who dont even come support this track that discourages people from coming.
          The race community around here seems enthused about the race at WCS and Mansfield.
          I think those who spend their "entertainment" dollars today will have a great time today enjoying being out and about at the races seeing a sport they love and socializing. More fun than staying home.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
            I dont know what weather you are seeing, ErocW, but the forecast for WCS is low 80s sunshine and NO rain. I currently am 15 minutes away from track working and it is nice outside.
            I think it will be a great night for racing when I get there today this late afternoon and I'll try to post the weather.
            Also heard and saw on a few posts quite a few teams making the journey.
            So the weather is not the problem. It is people posting negative comments who dont even come support this track that discourages people from coming.
            The race community around here seems enthused about the race at WCS and Mansfield.
            I think those who spend their "entertainment" dollars today will have a great time today enjoying being out and about at the races seeing a sport they love and socializing. More fun than staying home.
            Lighten up Francis ... I only said it doesn't look good Saturday night, NOT what your doing at 8:00am!

The weather keeps changing (just look at your local weather guys and what they predicted 4/3/2 days ago and the rain keeps getting pushed back later and later as the event gets closer. Hopefully it does get in but two days ago they was talking rain starting early afternoon, then yesterday they was saying rain around 7-8pm, and now they are saying after midnight so hopefully that continues.

Can you name the teams making the journey that you said you saw post on it? Never understand when people say they saw teams say they are coming, but then don't post them? Doesn't make much sense to me. I follow twitter quite a bit and haven't really seen to many "outsiders" saying they are making the trip besides the All-Stars/WCS regulars, but hopefully they are just being cautious and not posting.
            When you get to the track maybe send photos or post what teams are in line or actually there already.

The only names I have seen on twitter was Christopher Bell in the local Neumeister 11n car, Cap Henry in the local Lane 4 car.
            Seen Travis Philo was going to the IRA/MOWA race at Fairbury.
            Haven't really heard anything about the FAST/Attica/Fremont teams if they make the venture to Wayne County and hopefully they do, but we know how well they travel?
            I would assume Tim Shaffer and Cole Duncan makes the trip, but haven't seen them post anything yet.
            Haven't heard anything about western PA teams either, but doesn't mean they won't attend. Carl Bowser going to Dog Hollow speedway.
            Tony Stewart never says where he is going ahead of time usually, but fans have posted photos of his rig in line when he does race that afternoon so might want to do that if he does attend Wayne County tonight.

Weather will be a factor no matter if it doesn't rain today/tonight. Going to be warm and very windy so track prep is going to be tough on those guys trying to keep the track good and wish them well on that issue as well.

As for supporting that track ... I have this year several times which is pretty good being 1 1/2 hrs away (IMO) and having Attica in my own backyard and supporting the bigger events such as most of the All-Star races in Ohio and WoO shows, but I have a bigger event to attend tonight which is also worried about the weather as well, but wish them and the All-Stars well tonight.

-----------------------

UPDATE: Spencer Bayston just posted because of the forecast at Fairbury they are going to Wayne County with the All-Stars.

Comment

All week our local weather has been positive and not the forecast you are seeing.
              Check out the WCS twitter and facebook as they are currently updating.

Comment

Comment

I have some names, if I have included regular all stars my fault for not knowing all of them.
                  35 sprints
                  Cap Henry. 4
                  John Garvin 51
                  Spencer Bayston 39
                  Cale Conley 7k
                  Cole Duncan 22 c
                  Max Stambaugh 33m
                  Stuart Brubaker 35s
                  TJ Michael 8m
                  Christopher Bell 11n
                  Ray Miller 22m
                  Ryan Smith 59
                  Lee Jacobs 81
                  Broc Martin 97
                  Travis Esh 35
                  Tyler Esh here walking around in neck brace unit.
                  Caleb Helms 17
                  Rob Chaney 83
                  Brad Lamberson 27
                  Ryan Broughton 22b
                  Ian Madsen 18
                  Weather fantastic.
                  Looking for great racing.

Comment

Great night.
                    It was very eventful.
                    Big crowd on hand.
                    Several local racers made it to the A.
                    Glad to see Jordan Harble make the A.
                    It was a night of hard racing.
                    Excellent super stock feature. 3 and 4 wide for the lead. Doug Drown drove the Bob Daugherty 21d and put on a show.

Comment

Working...
                    X