2018 Wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Wishlist

I know we aren't to Thanksgiving yet, and IMO its too early to be thinking about the holiday season, but I'm going to throw this out here anyway. Assuming Santa had some pull in the dirt track world, what would be on your list for the 2018 season? Mine would include (in no order):
    -Good weather for the 100k to win at Mansfield (and good weather in general)
    -More wings at Waynesfield
    -USAC at Waynesfield (BOSS show there this year was one of the best races of the year)
    -One or two more WoO stops in Ohio, preferably not at Eldora (they've had five-six per year the past few years)
    -FAST series travels some more, with more FAST vs OSCS weekends
    -Sheldon getting an Outlaw win(s)
    -Wayne County cheeseburgers sold at every track
    -Personally, I just want to travel more. I love my Friday nights in Attica and splitting my Saturday's between a few tracks more than anything in the world, but there are more tracks out there that I want to see. I think a weekend trip involving Knoxville, Kokomo, and an undetermined Friday race would be fun, as well as PA Speedweek or the ASCoC central PA long weekend they did this year.
    Overall I'm just hoping for a fun year full of great racing and good memories, but these other things would be nice

EDIT: Millstream would be nice as well!
    Last edited by HordRaceWatcher; 1 week ago.

- Millstream sold to someone who will put effort into track and run it for specials.
    - Edgewater gets built and able to race on
    - Someone finally puts together a year to beat Schatz on Outlaws (I'm fine with Schatz winning just be cool to see a close race)
    - A stronger All Star Circuit of Champions touring group next year.
    - That the rookies who were successful on tour last year with ASCoC come back
    - Fremont be successful under the new ownership/promoting situation
    - Attica get a second WoO race
    - Just more OH WoO races in general (Atomic, Mansfield, Lima, Fremont, WCS?) As Hord said preferably not at Eldora.
    - USAC race at Fremont/Waynesfield/Limaland
    - FAST series race at Oakshade whether it be 305 or 410
    - Gio Scelzi go Outlaw or All Star.

Comment

A couple big Non WIng races in Ohio-IN 20k plus or 10k and a lot through the pack>
      Ohio NON WING speed week. Maybe two fri-sat-suns in spring or fall.
      No wings at Four Crown Sat night.
      Just wishin

Comment

GTigers, Just seen a thing on FB about a couple All Star Races at Millstream next year, I have my doubts. They screwed Hamer and Miracle. both who put tons of money into the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
          A couple big Non WIng races in Ohio-IN 20k plus or 10k and a lot through the pack>
          Ohio NON WING speed week. Maybe two fri-sat-suns in spring or fall.
          Just wishin
          Adding on to the Four Crowns bit.. I wish it'd actually be truly "4 crowns" again. I don't like that there is an Outlaw race for the crown one day and then the next day have the All Stars run the next day during the 4 crown when they aren't actually getting a "crown" per say. Either run 2 classes both nights so it's 4 crowns or split the 4 classes into two days. I.e. Quali and heats Friday and Mains the next? Who knows.

Comment

As for some of the posters who say they would like to see other tracks in Ohio get WoO races ... start talking to those "other" Ohio tracks and telling them you want to see a WoO race at their track because they are the ones NOT putting up the money or asking for dates. Think for that to happen a lot of these Ohio tracks need to start updating their facilities as well. We have seen the past couple of years in PA where several of their tracks (Port Royal and Susky to mention a couple) are putting a lot of money into their facilities and being rewarded with bigger shows such as All-Star events and WoO shows.

Would be nice if we did see more tracks in Ohio get dates along with being able to see some of the best in sprint car racing a lot more in Ohio like the WoO teams seem to hit a lot of different tracks in California and Pennsylvania.

Wouldn't be as good of show if you take the 410 winged cars away and one reason they was added.

The thing I like about it ... it shows the differences in the speed when you can run the wings and non-wings on the same night/same show.

GTigers, Just seen a thing on FB about a couple All Star Races at Millstream next year, I have my doubts. They screwed Hamer and Miracle. both who put tons of money into the place.
            How did the All-Stars screw the Hammers?

The Hammers knew going into the deal at Millstream who they had to work with and who the owner of Millstream was ... also they knew going into the deal that Millstream needed a ton of work as well.

The only complaint I really had with their shows at Millstream was starting on time and getting done at a decent time on a Sunday night show. You need to be prompt with those issues when trying to lure in a Sunday crowd knowing they all work the next morning.

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Adding on to the Four Crowns bit.. I wish it'd actually be truly "4 crowns" again. I don't like that there is an Outlaw race for the crown one day and then the next day have the All Stars run the next day during the 4 crown when they aren't actually getting a "crown" per say. Either run 2 classes both nights so it's 4 crowns or split the 4 classes into two days. I.e. Quali and heats Friday and Mains the next? Who knows.
            Actually the all-stars are part of the 4-crown ... the WoO is part of the weekend, but before the 4-crown. Brady Bacon mentions this because he took part in the 4-crown weekend and stated that he was the only guy on Saturday to go after the bonus money that Eldora was putting up still if a driver won all 4 divisions on Saturday being part of the 4-crown.

From Eldora site: Tim Shaffer outraced Shane Stewart into turn one at the drop of the green flag and then held off a late race challenge from Donny Schatz to capture Friday night’s World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series BeFour The Crowns Challenge at Eldora Speedway.

If you want the old 4-crown format you need to add the modified again like what Hewitt did and won.

The WoO and All-Stars help put butts in the seats that is why they were added to the show.

Comment

II never said the All Stars screwed the Hamers, I meant the owner of the track. Hamer wanted to run it again last year and for some reason no deal was struck. Better to let is sit than run? Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                As for some of the posters who say they would like to see other tracks in Ohio get WoO races ... start talking to those "other" Ohio tracks and telling them you want to see a WoO race at their track because they are the ones NOT putting up the money or asking for dates. Think for that to happen a lot of these Ohio tracks need to start updating their facilities as well. We have seen the past couple of years in PA where several of their tracks (Port Royal and Susky to mention a couple) are putting a lot of money into their facilities and being rewarded with bigger shows such as All-Star events and WoO shows.
                Eroc, it may not be all on the tracks putting up the money for WoO...

https://twitter.com/wcsohio/status/901935282081148935

Last edited by Jake B.; 1 week ago.

Comment

Looks like the Millstream rumors are true, three All Star shows in 2018, including what looks like a Speedweek show!

https://twitter.com/stephlinder312/s...63543773802496

Comment

Eroc I believe that Charles was referring to the Owners of Millstream.

In other news, awesome to see that they'll have a few events next year! Can't wait until the full schedules for sanctions start rolling out soon and then tracks as well. Some dates have already been released for a few places.

Comment

Id like to see

1. the hell tour back at attica
                      2. wcs get a outlaw sprint show
                      3. higher payouts on weekly night for 410 and superlates at wcs
                      4. hilltop go to Friday night
                      5. mercer stay open for special events
                      6. Sharon and Mansfield allow coolers
                      7. 100k at mandfield stay unsanctioned and would be nice to see great payout through the field on that event. even if its not 100k to win but 30k and 40th get like 1k would be better racing through the b and c mains. imagine if they had to battle it out for bigger payout in the c main instead of all getting tow money.
                      8. fremont get allstar shows again
                      9. the allstars be allowed to run attica Friday night of the ambush
                      10. good weather all year.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                        Id like to see
                        7. 100k at mandfield stay unsanctioned and would be nice to see great payout through the field on that event. even if its not 100k to win but 30k and 40th get like 1k would be better racing through the b and c mains. imagine if they had to battle it out for bigger payout in the c main instead of all getting tow money.
                        Mansfield has posted what the payouts will be for those nights already! $2k to start the feature and $200 for essentially what will equate to "44th". Anyone that doesn't make either of those gets $150 tow (basically reimburses the entry fee). From what I understand, The field will be set like this for the Main Event. Top 4 from both Main events on Friday make feature (8 spots). The remaining 16 will be claimed by heats and/or points (no mention of points so likely just heat finish position+B mains?). Then 3 provisionals will tag if needed (Armstrong, Kekich, Seger). Or I wonder if there will be consolation features at all outside of the non-qualifier race? Not sure on format exactly.
                        Friday – April 27th

*** Prelim Night - Field split in half and compete for two different main events. Top 4 in each main event are locked into the SCWC Saturday night ***

TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($44,000)

MAIN EVENT #1 - (30 Laps) 1st – $5,000 / 2nd – $3,000 / 3rd – $2,000 / 4th – $1,500 / 5th – $1000 / 6th – $900 / 7th – $800 / 8th – $700 / 9th – $600 / 10th thru 20th – $500 to Start

MAIN EVENT #2 - (30 Laps) 1st – $5,000 / 2nd – $3,000 / 3rd – $2,000 / 4th – $1,500 / 5th – $1000 / 6th – $900 / 7th – $800 / 8th – $700 / 9th – $600 / 10th thru 20th – $500 to Start

Saturday – April 28th

TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($200,500)

SCWC MAIN EVENT - (TBD - Laps) 1st – $100,000 / 2nd – $20,000 / 3rd – $10,000 / 4th – $9,000 / 5th – $8,000 / 6th – $7,000 / 7th – $6,000 / 8th – $5,000 / 9th – $4,000 / 10th – $3,000 / 11th - $2,900 / 12th - $2,800 / 13th - $2,700 / 14th - $2,600 / 15th - $2,500 / 16th - $2,400 / 17th - $2,300 / 18th - $2,200 / 19th - $2,100 / 20th thru 22nd - $2,000 to Start

***3 Great Lakes Dirt Nationals provisionals will be tagged at the tail of the field if they are needed. Thus making the possible starting field 25 cars***

NON QUALIFIER RACE - TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($10,400)
                        (20 - Laps) 1st – $2,000 / 2nd – $1,000 / 3rd – $900 / 4th – $800 / 5th – $700 / 6th – $600 / 7th – $500 / 8th – $400 / 9th – $375 / 10th – $350 / 11th - $325 / 12th - $300 / 13th - $275 / 14th - $250 / 15th - $225 / 16th thru 22nd - $200 to Start

***Any driver/car that thru Fri/Sat fails to qualify for the SCWC or the Non Qualifier race will recieve $150 ***

Comment

1) Return of the Buckeye Nationals. USAC sprints and midgets at Attica, Fremont, Lima, and Waynesfield would be awesome.
                          2) All Stars at Fremont. It just doesn't seem right not having them race at Fremont.
                          3) WoO outside of Eldora. It seems like Tony has a lock on the WoO in Ohio. I have heard that Atomic and Wayne County have tried to get shows and can't get them.

Comment

II never said the All Stars screwed the Hamers, I meant the owner of the track. Hamer wanted to run it again last year and for some reason no deal was struck. Better to let is sit than run? Makes no sense to me.
                            Just an opinion, but yes, better to let it sit. We have a lot of tracks who have been open on a continuous basis for many decades and who need our support. Additionally, anyone who attempts to lease that facility is or should be fully aware of the issues with the owners and of the many,many, repairs and upgrades which are sorely needed.
                            Not trying to stir anything up here. Just another viewpoint.

Comment

WoO at Waynesfield.*

* I've been drinking

Comment

Working...
                              X