• Show
Clear All

1. People stop asking for the All Stars back at Fremont
    2. Farmer to get away from Fremont
    3. See 1
    4. See 2

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
      II never said the All Stars screwed the Hamers, I meant the owner of the track. Hamer wanted to run it again last year and for some reason no deal was struck. Better to let is sit than run? Makes no sense to me.
      Well next time you might actually want to say the owners of the track because all you said was All-Stars.

Originally posted by Jake B. View Post

Eroc, it may not be all on the tracks putting up the money for WoO...

https://twitter.com/wcsohio/status/901935282081148935
      As mentioned earlier in this thread I believe it has to do with facilities as well for some of these tracks and getting a WoO race. The biggest issue (IMO) is probably seating or the number of fans that can attend these tracks.

We have seen many tracks adding WoO dates the past couple of years and including this off-season.

Comment

Atomic has plenty of seating. I went to a WoO show there when it was KC and sat alone in turn 4 with no one around me. I think there's more to it than that.

Comment

Kinda agree with Deadhorse. WoO lets WCS book their late model shows so no issue with facilities for that.
          If Eldora is only track in ohio get WoO sprint show, more money for Eldora as everyone would travel there. It seems he also dictates what the tracks can do with the all stars, not always to the tracks advantage. Im sure it comes into play possibly not to schedule against anything Eldora has going on.
          There is more politics involved in these tracks than most people realize.

Comment

Mansfield maybe cut their ties to Fremont.
            Improve on some of the workers.
            Would like to see Mansfield work with Attica and Wayne County on some joint shows.
            Wayne county improve purses all divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
              As for some of the posters who say they would like to see other tracks in Ohio get WoO races ... start talking to those "other" Ohio tracks and telling them you want to see a WoO race at their track because they are the ones NOT putting up the money or asking for dates. Think for that to happen a lot of these Ohio tracks need to start updating their facilities as well. We have seen the past couple of years in PA where several of their tracks (Port Royal and Susky to mention a couple) are putting a lot of money into their facilities and being rewarded with bigger shows such as All-Star events and WoO shows.

Would be nice if we did see more tracks in Ohio get dates along with being able to see some of the best in sprint car racing a lot more in Ohio like the WoO teams seem to hit a lot of different tracks in California and Pennsylvania.

Wouldn't be as good of show if you take the 410 winged cars away and one reason they was added.

The thing I like about it ... it shows the differences in the speed when you can run the wings and non-wings on the same night/same show.

How did the All-Stars screw the Hammers?

The Hammers knew going into the deal at Millstream who they had to work with and who the owner of Millstream was ... also they knew going into the deal that Millstream needed a ton of work as well.

The only complaint I really had with their shows at Millstream was starting on time and getting done at a decent time on a Sunday night show. You need to be prompt with those issues when trying to lure in a Sunday crowd knowing they all work the next morning.

Actually the all-stars are part of the 4-crown ... the WoO is part of the weekend, but before the 4-crown. Brady Bacon mentions this because he took part in the 4-crown weekend and stated that he was the only guy on Saturday to go after the bonus money that Eldora was putting up still if a driver won all 4 divisions on Saturday being part of the 4-crown.

From Eldora site: Tim Shaffer outraced Shane Stewart into turn one at the drop of the green flag and then held off a late race challenge from Donny Schatz to capture Friday night’s World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series BeFour The Crowns Challenge at Eldora Speedway.

If you want the old 4-crown format you need to add the modified again like what Hewitt did and won.

The WoO and All-Stars help put butts in the seats that is why they were added to the show.
              Go back to the original 4 crown with the late models

Comment

I do believe the original 4 crown that I watched was Silver crown, Non wing sprints ,,midgets ,and late models!

Comment

Better show my a$$. They ran for years without any wing cars around that weekend, It's truly a money maker for Stewart to have the WOO there Friday & All Stars Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                    Better show my a$$. They ran for years without any wing cars around that weekend, It's truly a money maker for Stewart to have the WOO there Friday & All Stars Saturday.
                    duh ... isn't that part of it to make money?

Remember as well he is adding more money to the purse that weekend by having the WoO there along with the All-Stars there with their two big purses. That is one reason why I go that weekend because of those series now because I have lost a lot of interest in the USAC part of it. I have went to the 4-crown in the past, but haven't went for quite a few years and when the WoO were added on the card and then the All-Stars added it made me decide to go to those events and therefore I believe it is a better show for it.

So you think removing the All-Stars and WoO on the ticket makes it a better show or putting the mods back on the ticket makes it a better show than the WoO/All-Stars?

Comment

Wouldn't have too worry about removing them if they never would have been put on there in the 1st place. It was a crown jewel for USAC that has left the track pretty much $hit & no about the Mods, it should be Late Models.

Comment

Big Wish
                        When you have a special show like the allstars or woo, no more than 1 one support division.
                        Regular shows no more than 3 or 4 classes.
                        Attica and WCS do a great job with their divisions for moving the show.
                        Mansfield needs to learn from them.
                        I am sure other tracks do good too but was not able to go to them this year.
                        one track south of wcs ran double the divisions and that was too much so I avoided them.
                        Then track much further south had specials I would have gone to except they ran 2 or more support classes and with a 3 hour drive no way were we going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                          Wouldn't have too worry about removing them if they never would have been put on there in the 1st place. It was a crown jewel for USAC that has left the track pretty much $hit & no about the Mods, it should be Late Models.
                          The problem is the "crown jewel" for USAC wasn't bringing the fans into the stands as much. Heck your lucky anymore to get a full field of the silver crown cars and honestly wish they would just get rid of them to help owners out because it is basically the same drivers as the sprint in most cases. Also the midgets at Eldora are wicked and you don't see a full field of them either.

What I would like to see is run the midgets, heats of silver crown cars with the WoO show on Friday and have the midget feature on Friday ... then have the USAC sprints with the All-Stars on Saturday with the feature of the Silver crown cars Saturday. Get rid of the stocks and the mods on that weekend completely.

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                          Big Wish
                          When you have a special show like the allstars or woo, no more than 1 one support division.
                          Regular shows no more than 3 or 4 classes.
                          Attica and WCS do a great job with their divisions for moving the show.
                          Mansfield needs to learn from them.
                          I am sure other tracks do good too but was not able to go to them this year.
                          one track south of wcs ran double the divisions and that was too much so I avoided them.
                          Then track much further south had specials I would have gone to except they ran 2 or more support classes and with a 3 hour drive no way were we going.
                          Agree 100% with every point ...

Comment

Working...
                          X