Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 ASCoC Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2018 ASCoC Schedule

    I'm hearing the ASCoC Schedule will be released Friday Nov, 17th. There are some new tracks. Speedweek 9 nights at 9 different tracks.
    2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races - Attica-7, Atomic-4, Volusia-4, Wayne County-5, Fremont-4, Ocala-3, Mansfield-3, Sharon-2, Port Royal-2, Eldora-3, Waynesfield-1, Muskingam-1, Daytona-1, Lernerville-1, Mercer-1, Lincoln (IL)-1, Macon-1, 34 Raceway-1, Eriez-1, Tr-City-1, PPMS-1, Outlaw (NY)-1, Orange County (NY)-1, Lebanon Valley-1, Grandview-1, Williams Grove-1, Lincoln (PA)-1, Susquhanna -1,Bedford (PA)-1, Selinsgrove-1, (7 - Rain Outs) thru 10-16-17

    2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
    2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
    2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

  • #2
    Woohoo!!! Wonder why both All Stars and WoO are announcing schedules a bit earlier this year?

    Comment


    • #3
      Seen Steph Linder tweet that Shane Helms is promoting 3 All Star shows at MillStream next year.

      Comment


      • #4
        55 Dates 37 Tracks, 9 States
        2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races - Attica-7, Atomic-4, Volusia-4, Wayne County-5, Fremont-4, Ocala-3, Mansfield-3, Sharon-2, Port Royal-2, Eldora-3, Waynesfield-1, Muskingam-1, Daytona-1, Lernerville-1, Mercer-1, Lincoln (IL)-1, Macon-1, 34 Raceway-1, Eriez-1, Tr-City-1, PPMS-1, Outlaw (NY)-1, Orange County (NY)-1, Lebanon Valley-1, Grandview-1, Williams Grove-1, Lincoln (PA)-1, Susquhanna -1,Bedford (PA)-1, Selinsgrove-1, (7 - Rain Outs) thru 10-16-17

        2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
        2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
        2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow, no Mansfield? Seemed like they were getting it together, and the track provided some good racing. Have a feeling a certain someone is involved with the track.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hm odd Mansfield isn't on there. Thought for sure with 9 speedweek dates they'd have a race...

            Comment


            • #7
              That sucks for Mansfield gotta be either Tony don't like the big races competing with Eldora or a farmer is in the area messing up the crops.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DERF View Post
                That sucks for Mansfield gotta be either Tony don't like the big races competing with Eldora or a farmer is in the area messing up the crops.
                The latter is what I was thinking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  I'm hearing the ASCoC Schedule will be released Friday Nov, 17th. There are some new tracks. Speedweek 9 nights at 9 different tracks.
                  Guess the All-Stars are going to Knoxville. I understand why they are going there, but seems way, way to far for a local area series.

                  Wish the All-Star would cut it back to about 5 states (OH, PA, MI, IN, FL) and think they would get more higher quality cars to follow the series especially if the point fund would increase like it probably should at this point. In my opinion going to New York, Wisconsin and Illinois seems to far or out of the All-Star reach and stretches teams pretty think especially with a lot of extra traveling.

                  Also wish/hope the Florida points don't count which I think would help some teams that don't/can't travel to Florida in February for basically two weeks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The non racing savvy people who run the ASCOC are more interested in the “ Brand “ than the financial welfare of the teams, as illustrated by the $ 5000 to win and a grand for tenth that they have not improved upon in well over 20 years, as well as the anemic points fund ( including the hilarious Speedweek points money ). It is what it is, and there are always new teams willing to give it a whirl for a season or two before going by the wayside and returning to their previous tracks or series. Personally, I find weekly shows to be just entertaining most of the time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                      The non racing savvy people who run the ASCOC are more interested in the “ Brand “ than the financial welfare of the teams, as illustrated by the $ 5000 to win and a grand for tenth that they have not improved upon in well over 20 years, as well as the anemic points fund ( including the hilarious Speedweek points money ). It is what it is, and there are always new teams willing to give it a whirl for a season or two before going by the wayside and returning to their previous tracks or series. Personally, I find weekly shows to be just entertaining most of the time.
                      I always see fans taking shots at the All-Star money which yes it hasn't changed much in the last 20 years, but either has many other series or even tracks. Once again it is the second best purse, second best to win, and the second best point fund in 410 winged sprint car racing series.

                      Heck we still see tracks and series running for 1,500 to win for a 410 winged sprint car ... if you want a little throwback to the past.

                      Some of the positives that you might not agree with obliviously, but it was worse just a few years ago. They have brought back a guaranteed point fund, a guaranteed point fund for speedweek, they have gotten the top 15 a traveling tow money package, and brought a lot of contingency sponsors into the deal as well. They have also got a lot of tracks to add a bigger purse to their events and gotten fans to attend them.

                      The issue is ... money ... tracks can easily raise the purse of any series that attends, but usually fails to do so and uses the minimum that the All-Stars will allow you to run. That is why we also don't see a lot of 2-day shows anymore either. Most Ohio dirt tracks aren't getting rich or investing in their facilities to help bring in bigger crowds, series, etc... Tracks are afraid of raising the ticket prices because that is what help pays the purse and when you raise the ticket prices the fans who "*****" about purses or to win prize doesn't go up will then likely ***** about the ticket prices going up and not attend as frequently.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

                        I always see fans taking shots at the All-Star money which yes it hasn't changed much in the last 20 years, but either has many other series or even tracks. Once again it is the second best purse, second best to win, and the second best point fund in 410 winged sprint car racing series.

                        Heck we still see tracks and series running for 1,500 to win for a 410 winged sprint car ... if you want a little throwback to the past.

                        Some of the positives that you might not agree with obliviously, but it was worse just a few years ago. They have brought back a guaranteed point fund, a guaranteed point fund for speedweek, they have gotten the top 15 a traveling tow money package, and brought a lot of contingency sponsors into the deal as well. They have also got a lot of tracks to add a bigger purse to their events and gotten fans to attend them.

                        The issue is ... money ... tracks can easily raise the purse of any series that attends, but usually fails to do so and uses the minimum that the All-Stars will allow you to run. That is why we also don't see a lot of 2-day shows anymore either. Most Ohio dirt tracks aren't getting rich or investing in their facilities to help bring in bigger crowds, series, etc... Tracks are afraid of raising the ticket prices because that is what help pays the purse and when you raise the ticket prices the fans who "*****" about purses or to win prize doesn't go up will then likely ***** about the ticket prices going up and not attend as frequently.
                        Exactly......... this same guy will complain about having to pay $20 to get in the gate too...........

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think DERF has something to ponder.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont_Speedway

                            I like the 1st sentence of this Wikipedia description

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jason Curlis View Post
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont_Speedway

                              I like the 1st sentence of this Wikipedia description
                              They previously "hosted the National Sprint Tour"....lol. Always backing the wrong horse. Probably went betamax instead of VHS in the 80's.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X