Millstream speedweek finale for 10k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millstream speedweek finale for 10k

Millstream speedway hosts the ascoc speedweek for 10k. Should be fun.

Hoping for the best as I'll probably be living about 20 minutes north. But, they REALLY need bathrooms if they're to successfully pull off this event. Certainly wish all goes well! Although I really would've liked to see this race at mansfield personally but still.

Comment

yea I wont be at millstream and the allstars not going to Mansfield really sucks for the fans since its right in the middle of all the speedweek tracks. makes no sense but I don't think Mansfield needs the allstars or vice versa. Both will thrive this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mdr4774 View Post
        Millstream speedway hosts the ascoc speedweek for 10k. Should be fun.
        Think Helms will and can do a great job at Millstream. Good to see the $10,000 to win is back and wish more of the speedweek shows would offer more than the normal show top prize/purse.

The biggest issue of course with Millstream is the owners of the property, but for the promoter it is starting on time and being able to finish at a decent hour.

Really like the 2 weekends where they have Attica (Fri), Wayne County (Sat) and Millstream (Sun). Missed those type of events which they use to happen all the time with the All-Stars in this area, but usually with 1 different track (Fremont on Sat). Glad to see it back that way which should help bring in a lot of fans and possibly some invaders for those 3 big races.

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
        yea I wont be at millstream and the allstars not going to Mansfield really sucks for the fans since its right in the middle of all the speedweek tracks. makes no sense but I don't think Mansfield needs the allstars or vice versa. Both will thrive this year.
        Politics on both sides.

Let's hope Mansfield has worked out all their issues before these bigger events happen in 2018. I understand the owner wants to be "big-time" and all, but thought one solid year of getting all the bugs worked out or at least part of 2018 started would have helped. Jumping right in to the big weekend at the end of April seems risky for a big-time event. Let's hope weather along with track fixing a lot of their mistakes happen in 2018 and beyond.

Some of the better shows at Mansfield were indeed when the All-Stars were there and ran the shows.

Comment

Yes the all star staff made the show much smoother. The Mansfield pit staff needs gone and new team put in place. Would like to see some of the wcs staff there.
          Was disappointed with the fast show as the fast staff did not live up to trained organized workers.
          Actually fast seemed unable to handle a show of that magnitude which was disappointing and did not much benefit Mansfield.
          I think Mansfield would gain ground not to have fast back.

Comment

The allstar shows were only smoother because they didn't have 140 cars that needed bump started with 3 different divisions. Its the track configuration not whos running the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
              The allstar shows were only smoother because they didn't have 140 cars that needed bump started with 3 different divisions. Its the track configuration not whos running the pits.
              It had nothing to do with car count. The Allstars knew what to do and how to line cars up. FAST didn’t have a clue wtf they were trying to do at just about every show they had outside Attica and Fremont. Mansfield staff isn’t much better.

Comment

Im watching from the stands and all I seen was the fourwheelers pushing the cars out on the track and all the way around to the opening in turn 1 and 2. I guess the allstar officials could have better people but it still wasn't noticeably smoother to me other then the fact the last allstar show had no support divisions and still a long delay. I think even if the allstar officials were at the great lake nationals it still wouldn't of been over much more sooner then it was because of the track configuration.

Comment

Im with Mud in Beer. That pushing all the cars around the track caused 7-10 minute delays between every racea at Mansfield. push em out from the track entrance three wide and fire em all from there, Tell the Quads to get to the infield or out the back as quick as possible. That show could have been done at midnight, Not three am

Comment

Working...
                  X