Atomic 2018 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic 2018 Schedule

Atomic released their full schedule today! The ASCoC added an event at Atomic April 6th which will make a two day weekend with Attica (But also likely detract for the FAST series turnout for the 1st night if they do the typical two night event) but good to have more cars in OH racing. Lots of multi race weekends and a good variety of classes with no more than 4 competing regularly which is a good solid amount for weekly competition. Also, Brad McCown listened folks. After running a late event with 4 divisions on speedweek last year, he has cut down to two classes - the ASCoC and Sport Mods. Good job by Brad for listening to the fans. A comment on the post asked about OSCS and the response was an announcement would be made regarding that soon. With no OSCS listed on the schedule my assumption is no OSCS anymore which is honestly probably for the best. I won't complain about somebody trying to do something different though. What does everyone else think?

Atomic Speedway
    9-Mar Test N Tune
    10-Mar Test N Tune
    -
    16-Mar LucasOil LM, Mod
    17-Mar LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    24-Mar 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    31-Mar 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    6-Apr ASCoC,Mod,Compact
    7-Apr LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    14-Apr BOSS,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    21-Apr 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    28-Apr LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    5-May 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    12-May 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    18-May WoOLM,Mod,SM
    19-May WoOLM,Mod,SM
    -
    26-May 410,305,Mod,SM
    -
    2-Jun 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    9-Jun 410,305,Mod,SM
    10-Jun Demo Derby & Enduro
    -
    16-Jun LM,Mod,SM,Compact ($5)
    -
    20-Jun ASCoC,SM
    -
    23-Jun LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    30-Jun 410,305,Mod,SM
    -
    7-Jul 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    14-Jul LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    21-Jul 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    28-Jul TBA
    -
    2-Aug Mod,305,SM
    3-Aug 410,BOSS,Mod,305
    4-Aug 410,Mod,305
    -
    18-Aug 410,305,SM,Compact
    -
    25-Aug 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    1-Sep 410,305,Mod,SM
    2-Sep Demo Derby & Enduro
    5-Sep 410,305,Mod,SM ($5)
    -
    15-Sep 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    22-Sep 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    29-Sep LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    4-Oct Mod,SM,Compacts
    5-Oct Mod,SM,305,Compacts,Legends
    6-Oct 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    13-Oct LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    27-Oct LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    3-Nov LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    10-Nov Demo Derby & Enduro

Has that April 6th date been confirmed by the All Stars? It doesn't show it on the schedule, and I don't recall seeing anything being said by them.

Comment

Yes - April 6th IS an All-Star Date.
      2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: - Starts Feb 1st, 2018
      2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
      2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
      2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Thanks Ross

Comment

Looks like only one BOSS show?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
            Looks like only one BOSS show?
            Two according to the schedule. April 14 and August 3.

Comment

Looks like they have 3 straight days of racing in August but its not All Star sanctioned. I am assuming that this is the open wheel challenge that they have every year which has been sanctioned in some form or fashion each year. Glad they are not doing more than 2 classes for the All Star race during speedweek but wish the second class was 305 but oh well. Now I don't mean this as a dig and I am not bashing Atomic at all here because I know some people take things out of context but to me the biggest thing that Atomic needs is to be able to run their program more efficiently. I am typically someone that will go to the track and have no issues with staying till after 2am but with a 2 year old those days are hard to come by. Went to a race there in late July this past year and at 10pm on a very hot day they were just sending out a sport mod B-Main and they only had 24 cars that night to start with. Had to leave I think around 10:15 and they had not even rolled the sprints onto the track and that was just a regular weekly show. Again not really knocking them or saying how dare they not run a program in a timely manner, just saying that on a Saturday night and my racing options are Atomic and another track, I may take a look at the other track. Especially living in between Atomic and Wayne County, and I dont have an issue with Traveling to Fremont either. Hope that they make continued improvements to the facility and are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

Two according to the schedule. April 14 and August 3.
                Thanks I missed it... I should've read the schedule here, the one they posted on FB was nearly impossible for me to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                  Looks like they have 3 straight days of racing in August but its not All Star sanctioned. I am assuming that this is the open wheel challenge that they have every year which has been sanctioned in some form or fashion each year. Glad they are not doing more than 2 classes for the All Star race during speedweek but wish the second class was 305 but oh well. Now I don't mean this as a dig and I am not bashing Atomic at all here because I know some people take things out of context but to me the biggest thing that Atomic needs is to be able to run their program more efficiently. I am typically someone that will go to the track and have no issues with staying till after 2am but with a 2 year old those days are hard to come by. Went to a race there in late July this past year and at 10pm on a very hot day they were just sending out a sport mod B-Main and they only had 24 cars that night to start with. Had to leave I think around 10:15 and they had not even rolled the sprints onto the track and that was just a regular weekly show. Again not really knocking them or saying how dare they not run a program in a timely manner, just saying that on a Saturday night and my racing options are Atomic and another track, I may take a look at the other track. Especially living in between Atomic and Wayne County, and I dont have an issue with Traveling to Fremont either. Hope that they make continued improvements to the facility and are successful.
                  Yes I took my grandfather to his first sprint car race during speedweek and we only stayed for the ASCoC feature and up until that point I'd never left a race early. If I was by myself I would've liked to have stayed but I didn't want to keep my grandpa up all night and it was already nearing 1 am after 1 of the 4 features. I will give that the track was a pond that morning and they whipped it into shape, but I think they overcorrected adding water during track prep which delayed it a bit while we were there. Plus 4 pretty full classes and 53 All stars having to qualify made for a lot of cars to have to warm up etc. Races went smoothly when cars on track just needed to try to push it along in between a bit more IMO. Now portsmouth on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                    I do have to say last year Fremont had the program down running a quick efficient show. Many shows I was heading out of the track between 9:00-10:00 pm which was awesome.

Comment

will take note of this schedule

Comment

Working...
                      X