No announcement yet.

Hilltop in Millersburg,OH moving to Friday nights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that would be ideal but seems like they still are trying to make ends meet through the pitgate. Trucks don't get paid much and neither do mod lites which I think will have a higher count by the switch to Fridays.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
      Yea that would be ideal but seems like they still are trying to make ends meet through the pitgate. Trucks don't get paid much and neither do mod lites which I think will have a higher count by the switch to Fridays.
      Does anywhere else in OH or western PA run modlites consistently? I've never really heard them run on a weekly basis anywhere other than hilltop.

Comment

Deerfield and Mercer both ran them on Saturday nights. Theres a track down in southern,oh that does too. When Muskinghum ran them for a special they had a ton of them and a lot I haven't seen before so im assuming they run in the south somewhere. 250 Speedway used to run them also before they closed.

Comment

Will Hilltop be UMP sanctioned? That is also something that gets cars.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
            Does anywhere else in OH or western PA run modlites consistently? I've never really heard them run on a weekly basis anywhere other than hilltop.
            I think 35 raceway runs them every Saturday night.

I've never been to Hilltop and would like to check it out, but that's too many classes. A Friday track should have no more than 4.

Late Models
            Mods
            Street Stocks
            Mod Lites

I would pay to see that show. When you have that many classes I think fans view you as a second rate facility that's trying to make money back gate promoting. Instead of running a high quality timely show.

Comment

I remember when Jeff Norris first reopened Hilltop. He ran Late models, Modifieds, Street Stock and the Mini Stocks. 4 classes. Place had a great turnout.
              Then he ran a 410 sprint race and it was packed.
              Track prep back then was spot on and they ran a quick show.
              I think by running 4 classes and a quick show could turn this place around. Track prep would have to be priority.

Comment

Has Hilltop fixed their dust problem?

Comment

According to their FB they are doing lots of work including new clay.
                  Yes they need to handle the dust problem.
                  When it first opened 3 owners ago, I did not recall the dust being an issue. It seemed to appear with last 2 owners.

Comment

Id like to try *and see a race there but with Attica close by the extra hour drive is just hard to justify for me.

EDIT: Can't spell.
                    Last edited by GTigers55; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                      Id like to try abd see a race there but with Attica close by the extra hour drive is just hard to justify for me.
                      You nailed it with the "try and see" part. Last couple times I was there, you couldn't see ****!

Comment

Working...
                      X