Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCS returns for 2018

http://fullyinjected.com/ohio-sprint...tinue-in-2018/

I would like to think theres more to this other then a Fremont native keeping the OSCS up and running. With the OVSCA,ALLSTARS,FAST,BOSS, AND OSCS running traveling series in the area I just see it working out but if the plan is for the fast and oscs to merge some how it might be a good idea. Who knows maybe someone wants to run a series with everything else going on in the area. Don't seem profitable but time will tell.

I just got on here to make a thread about this. Such a weird thing to happen all of a sudden. Wonder if he'll turn it back into a southern OH series like it was the first year or what. Honestly, I don't see a whole lot of people following it again this year but best of luck to Pocock. Strange times these are.

Comment

Not an easy thing to do once it is cancelled to bring it back from the dead especially after the PRI show where a lot of tracks put schedules out, series make plans, and sponsors look at tracks, drivers, owners to sign up with for the coming year.

Has to find sponsors, drivers, owners, tracks, money, contingency prizes, etc... in a short amount of time ... not an easy thing especially a lot of companies either already know where their extra money is going or already sending checks out to pay those ahead of time to get the ball rolling for 2018.

I wish him luck, but I still believe we have way to many of these local series trying to contain all the 410 sprint cars in their own area/track or determine where these guys will run. Think these series need to come up with some more money or teams/drivers are going to just jump around and hit and miss the bigger shows. Just like the FAST series doesn't run for anymore money than a regular show and the point fund is a nice extra bonus money, but isn't a lot either where a driver/owner might be able to make that difference up within a few bigger shows if they skip around the state or hit and miss some All-Star races in the area states, or hit and miss tracks like Mansfield when they have a big show, Sharon, Atomic, etc...

We have so many tracks that are trying to run more and more 410 races and some tracks are throwing bigger money to bring those guys in similar to what is going on in PA where they are improving their facilities along with putting more money into the purse and having bigger shows once in awhile so guys don't do a lot of traveling either at another local track or venture to the All-Star or even a WoO date in the area.

Comment

This could be very interesting or crazy.
        Now that BOSS has announced they have started a winged series and the sale of OSCS, then adding in FAST and OVSCS, Oh boy.
        This might hurt local tracks regular shows depending on how the plans go.

Comment

I imagine that not much will really change as far as local tracks. The Attica/Fremont guys will be at Attica/Fremont. The WCS guys will be there, and the Atomic guys will be there. What will be interesting is what the teams who don't race for points do.

Comment

I'll wish them well but I don't understand it. And it's been said he bought it...my thought was just how much value did it have?

Comment

Maybe bought the name and all trademarks.
              I would doubt they had much in the way of equipment as they used a small table to pill draw.
              Maybe right to use all contacts and sponsors.

Comment

The sport of sprint car racing is slowly evolving into a special event type of sport. The local side of things is dwindling away little by little. More cars are picking and choosing where they run based on track, series, and payout, instead of focusing solely on a local track point battle.

Comment

Yes Jay72 I believe that is happening.
                  Most local tracks payoffs are not good and point fund is almost nothing.
                  Tracks that did not have good purses relied on the small traveling series to bring more cars and fans to cover the higher payoffs. That plan seemed to work well for several tracks. Fans saw more and different drivers.
                  Drivers that run for low point fund at tracks usually are looking to add track champion to their resume.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    Yes Jay72 I believe that is happening.
                    Most local tracks payoffs are not good and point fund is almost nothing.
                    Tracks that did not have good purses relied on the small traveling series to bring more cars and fans to cover the higher payoffs. That plan seemed to work well for several tracks. Fans saw more and different drivers.
                    Drivers that run for low point fund at tracks usually are looking to add track champion to their resume.
                    I think Attica/Fremont can keep the local deal going due mainly to FAST and Attica also has a nice points fund.

Comment

Yes Fremont and Attica have better purses and higher point funds which keeps cars there.

Comment

The introduction of all these new series is what has really decreased the amount of "home track" racers. With all of the series going around its a no brainer that one or more of them is going to have a reduced car count. Most local teams try to pick which series will have less cars and therefor offer them the best chance and making more money. If you went back to having one local series instead of 3 or 4 I think you'd see more of the same cars at their local track week in and week out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
                          The introduction of all these new series is what has really decreased the amount of "home track" racers. With all of the series going around its a no brainer that one or more of them is going to have a reduced car count. Most local teams try to pick which series will have less cars and therefor offer them the best chance and making more money. If you went back to having one local series instead of 3 or 4 I think you'd see more of the same cars at their local track week in and week out.
                          Its no different than a Mcdonalds popping up somewhere. All these track and series promoters do their research on cars and tracks, and try to build a business plan where they can make some money. Some do it just for the love of the sport but most do it to try to make some money and i do not blame them

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
                            Agree 100%

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

Its no different than a Mcdonalds popping up somewhere. All these track and series promoters do their research on cars and tracks, and try to build a business plan where they can make some money. Some do it just for the love of the sport but most do it to try to make some money and i do not blame them
                            Tracks/series/promoters are trying to find ways of keeping their teams at home and if that means creating a series to keep you there with little travel than they will do it and offering a little point fund to try and not see you wonder around during the year when bigger shows pop up.

Comment

Saw on another post mention that Rich Farmer is really behind this. Rumors that it is combination of both FAST and OSCS.
                              Any truth to the rumor?
                              Will they be running Mansfield?
                              Or Wayne County or doing everything against Wayne County cause they are competition and WCS had better car counts last year?
                              Anyone see information out there?

Comment

Working...
                              X