• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

He doesnt pay his bills
    I believe its his dad, not Dane.

Comment

So I've heard. Really don't understand why they don't just run ESS and Patriot up in NY. Doesn't seem like they even raced much last year at all anyways and then wanted to jump to full time Outlaws seemed crazy.

Comment

Kasey Kahne Racing‏Verified account @KKRdirt
        3h3 hours ago

Thrilled to announce ionomy as the co-sponsor of @DarynPittman #9 for 2018 @ionomics #ionomy9 http://bit.ly/2Dyx7XA

Comment

SJMRacing‏ @SJMRacing17
          2h2 hours ago

Working hard in the shop today!

Comment

Official WoO Drivers per multiple tweets by the WoO:
            #00 Dane Lorenc..................... (Dane Lorenc Racing)
            #1a Jacob Allen........................ (Shark Racing)
            #1s Logan Schuchart.............. (Shark Racing)
            #2 Shane Stewart.................... (Kyle Larson Racing)
            #4 Parker Price-Miller.............. (Destiny Motorsports)
            #5 David Gravel......................... (CJB Motorsports)
            #7s Jason Sides....................... (Sides Motorsports)
            #9 Daryn Pittman....................... (Kasey Kahne Racing)
            #11k Kraig Kinser...................... (Kraig Kinser Racing)
            #13 Clyde Knipp........................ (Clyde Knipp Racing)
            #15 Donny Schatz..................... (Tony Stewart Racing)
            #17 Sheldon Haudenschild... (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing)
            #18 Ian Madsen........................ (KCP Racing)
            #19 Brent Marks........................ (Brent Marks Racing)
            #W20 Greg Wilson.................... (Greg Wilson Racing)
            #41 Jason Johnson................. (Jason Johnson Racing)
            #49 Brad Sweet........................ (Kasey Kahne Racing)

Comment

Solid lineup for both the WoO and the ASCoC this year!

Comment

Alright so now that the entire lineup has been released it's time for everyone to call their shot on where the drivers will finish in points. Here's my prediction for the 2018 WoO season.
                1. Donny Schatz
                2. David Gravel
                3. Shane Stewart
                4. Brad Sweet
                5. Ian Madsen
                6. Sheldon Haudenschild
                7. Logan Schuhart
                8. Daryn Pittman
                9. Jason Johnson
                10. Brent Marks
                11. Kraig Kinser
                12. Jason Sides
                13. Greg Wilson
                14. Parker Price-Miller
                15.Jacob Allen
                16. Clyde Knipp
                17. Dane Lorenc

I think Gravel will end with more wins than Schatz in a points battle that will be settled on the final weekend at Charlotte, but Schatz's consistency will be what gives him yet another title. Stewart and the newly branded KLR will have a consistent season and edge out Brad Sweet. Ian Madsen will have a great rookie year and claim the Kevin Gobrecht ROTY award. I think he'll start off hot but over the season will fall off just enough to fall behind Sweet and Stewart. Sheldon will claim his first win and the SJM team will gel together well and Schuchart and Shark racing will claim a handful of wins and have more reliable engines. Pittman struggles this year in KKR and the car is sold for $iON currency (Last bit is a joke). Johnson picks up a stunning Kings Royal victory but inconsistency and the loss of Marshall's backing shows in the points. Brent will improve in all statistical categories but still fails to get a win and remains in the same spot in points. Kraig and Sides run the bottom to one win each. Wilson has a winless season but claims multiple podiums at slick tracks running the lowest groove possible. PPM and Destiny have inconsistency issues and struggles to reach for two top 5s on the season. Allen and Knipp both claim a top 5 but fail to make much of a consistent impact again, but show improvement throughout the year and have a close battle in points with each other. Dane Lorenc shows some promise early on but falls off the tour due to lack of funding and poor finishes.

Disclaimer: This is all BS speculation and probably inaccurate. Just added for a bit a flavor. Best of luck to all drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                  Alright so now that the entire lineup has been released it's time for everyone to call their shot on where the drivers will finish in points. Here's my prediction for the 2018 WoO season.
                  1. Donny Schatz
                  2. David Gravel
                  3. Shane Stewart
                  4. Brad Sweet
                  5. Ian Madsen
                  6. Sheldon Haudenschild
                  7. Logan Schuhart
                  8. Daryn Pittman
                  9. Jason Johnson
                  10. Brent Marks
                  11. Kraig Kinser
                  12. Jason Sides
                  13. Greg Wilson
                  14. Parker Price-Miller
                  15.Jacob Allen
                  16. Clyde Knipp
                  17. Dane Lorenc

I think Gravel will end with more wins than Schatz in a points battle that will be settled on the final weekend at Charlotte, but Schatz's consistency will be what gives him yet another title. Stewart and the newly branded KLR will have a consistent season and edge out Brad Sweet. Ian Madsen will have a great rookie year and claim the Kevin Gobrecht ROTY award. I think he'll start off hot but over the season will fall off just enough to fall behind Sweet and Stewart. Sheldon will claim his first win and the SJM team will gel together well and Schuchart and Shark racing will claim a handful of wins and have more reliable engines. Pittman struggles this year in KKR and the car is sold for $iON currency (Last bit is a joke). Johnson picks up a stunning Kings Royal victory but inconsistency and the loss of Marshall's backing shows in the points. Brent will improve in all statistical categories but still fails to get a win and remains in the same spot in points. Kraig and Sides run the bottom to one win each. Wilson has a winless season but claims multiple podiums at slick tracks running the lowest groove possible. PPM and Destiny have inconsistency issues and struggles to reach for two top 5s on the season. Allen and Knipp both claim a top 5 but fail to make much of a consistent impact again, but show improvement throughout the year and have a close battle in points with each other. Dane Lorenc shows some promise early on but falls off the tour due to lack of funding and poor finishes.

Disclaimer: This is all BS speculation and probably inaccurate. Just added for a bit a flavor. Best of luck to all drivers.
                  I hope you're right about Sheldon.

Comment

It’ll either go that way or he’ll be toward the bottom if stuff doesn’t turn around for the team. That was my favoritism showing a bit I think.

Comment

1. Donny Schatz
                      2. David Gravel
                      3. Shane Stewart
                      4. Brad Sweet
                      5. Ian Madsen
                      6. Sheldon Haudenschild
                      7. Logan Schuhart
                      8. Daryn Pittman
                      9. Jason Johnson
                      10. Brent Marks
                      11. Kraig Kinser
                      12. Jason Sides
                      13. Greg Wilson
                      14. Parker Price-Miller
                      15.Jacob Allen
                      16. Clyde Knipp
                      17. Dane Lorenc

1. Schatz
                      2. Gravel
                      3. Sweet
                      4. Pittman
                      5. Madsen
                      6. Stewart
                      7. Johnson
                      8. Schuhart
                      9. Haudenschild
                      10. Kinser
                      11. Price Miller
                      12. Wilson
                      13. Sides
                      14. Allen
                      15. Marks
                      16. Knipp

I think Pittman has a nice bounce back year, still not as good as his KKR teammate, but wins more races than last year. Gravel gives Schatz a serious run for his money. I think Stewart struggles (to his standards) while Madsen has instant success. And my prediction I feel the most guilty about is... I think Sheldon struggles in the 17 this year. I hate to doubt him but the only driver who was fast with that team was Kyle Larson. When you consider your other drivers were Saldana and Jac Haud and they didnt really contend for a win ALL SEASON, its tough to be optimistic about Sheldon. All that said really hoping lil Haud turns heads and contends for a top-5 points finish.

Comment

World of Outlaws announced that every show will be shown live on dirtvision this year.

Comment

That's gonna be a whole lot of effort but damn this could be very very profitable for them. Especially for fans in regions who don't really have local sprint car tracks around or is too cold to have a very long season. I'll certainly be tuning in more often now when I can't be at a track.

Comment

That's gonna be a whole lot of effort but damn this could be very very profitable for them. Especially for fans in regions who don't really have local sprint car tracks around or is too cold to have a very long season. I'll certainly be tuning in more often now when I can't be at a track.
                            The only thing that has worried me about these type of deals is where does it benefit the tracks? Do they get a small cut of this deal or not? Because you could potentially lose customers at the gate if your fans are 2-3 hours away and not sure if they want to attend for whatever reason whether it is to hot, to cold, possibly rain, or just don't want to get dirty/travel that far so they will watch it online instead of putting all the hassle into going to the event especially on a work night or don't want to spend all day and night either driving to the track or back home late at night/early morning like we all have done in the past?

Also with doing this type of deal where is the benefit for a series or a track that has these pay-per-view deals of exploring opportunities to get on TV down the road by doing the live streaming and collecting all the money from it? We have seen a lot of these pop up live streaming events at tracks and series so fans can watch them from wherever, but is it good for the tracks and the sport down the road?

GTigers55 ... I like you will probably have a lot of late nights watching some of these events that we both probably didn't watch before with this deal. Not sure if it is a good deal or not because likely going to be spending a lot more money sitting at home than I have in the past and not sure I can handle the west coast trips, but would like to see some of those venues, teams, drivers, etc... that I don't normally get to see or have seen.

Comment

I wonder how much this will hurt attendance. It says showing live, so will people quit going to local track and stay home to watch the program. I could see loss of revenue for tracks in ticket, concession and souvenir sales.
                              Tracks need supporting not taking away from them when you are trying to get fans back into attending.
                              This could backfire on WOO if someday the tracks they want to book shows at are closed down.

Comment

SpeedShift did a study for 2 seasons and showed that PPV actually helps INCREASE attendance. This is a great way to help grow our sport and give it more exposure. We have to get rid of this backwards thinking that it hurts our sport. We cant grow it if we are progressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X