No announcement yet.

2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this race was a few weeks back now.... but this tweet is spot on.

Robert Ballou on Twitter:
    "Sprint cars are dangerous quit trying 2 make it safe and give us hard slick smooth tracks dig them up give us Wet tracks with cushions and a few holes like they use 2 be half miles are meant 2 separate the men from the boys that’s why they were sold out fans want 2 see the risk"

Comment

• The Madman is one of the top 10, if not top 5 gassers. But I've heard just as many people complain about ruts, holes. They are hard on equipment and can lead to wrecks. Fine line to find the perfect balance. A slower track in theory will produce closer racing. But a heavy hammer down track i feel will result in more "edge of your seat" checkers or wreckers racing.

Comment

• That's where the separating the men from the boys comes in as he is implying.

Comment

• The track was heavy and fast at Atomic last nite. Wild latemodel racing. Best I've seen this season. Hot Rod Conley was the winner of the unsanctioned race. Good crowd too. ZERO DUST.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAF92 View Post
            I know this race was a few weeks back now.... but this tweet is spot on.

Robert Ballou on Twitter:
            "Sprint cars are dangerous quit trying 2 make it safe and give us hard slick smooth tracks dig them up give us Wet tracks with cushions and a few holes like they use 2 be half miles are meant 2 separate the men from the boys that’s why they were sold out fans want 2 see the risk"
            More like separates the big checkbook from the little checkbook.

Comment

• With the Kings Royal fast approaching I have begun considering headed down to see the race again this year. Didn't reserve my seats from last year when I went because was not planning on going back this year at all. Looking at seating charts seems the only good spots left are in the corners. Grandstand seats that are left are singles or so low you can't see the backstretch. Anyone sit in the North turn 4 bleachers before? Pretty good view of backstretch and turn two still if up high enough? Looking primarily into section NA or NB.
              2019 Race Counter: 25
              Attica (10), Fremont (5), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Used to sit in three and four a lot, good view anywhere out there, even on the grassy area I think.
                2019 Race Counter - Total 22 + (rainouts- 13) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-8, Fremont-3, Wayne County- 2, Waynesfield-3, Winchester-1,

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

• I have sat in turns 3 and 4 where you are talking about many times. I prefer turn 3 in the NM-NO area. It has been a few years since I have been there but I remember having a great view of the cars through 1 and 2, down the backstretch, through 3 and 4 and all the way to the flag stand. You can probably find a higher row over there too. The one negative was a slight blind spot after the flag stand going into 1.

Comment

• I too have sat from one corner to next but was for LM shows and turn 4 always seems to get dirty. I like between 1 & 2 personally cause don't eat as much dirt but has few blind spots but tolerable. Until haulers moved up top your always gonna have this though no matter where sit

Comment

• Never sit in the main grandstand it is like a sauna for the KR. I personally like turn 1.

Comment

• What is the format for the Jokers Wild race at Eldora Thursday night?

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG E20 View Post
                          What is the format for the Jokers Wild race at Eldora Thursday night?
                          Regular woo show. Qualify, heats line straight up based on qualifying (may be two flights of Quali). Top two in heat to Dash top (x) transfer based on number of cars. B lined up by Qualifying time and A based on heat finish and dash finish.
                          2019 Race Counter: 25
                          Attica (10), Fremont (5), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Should be a great night with great weather. 58 cars last year. Besides the Outlaw regulars Kyle Larson has it on his schedule and Christopher Bell in the Swindell 39.

Comment

• Great weather makes it so much more enjoyable.
                              I wont be making it with working but hope everyone has a safe night.
                              This is the show I like to support and have had very good times attending in the past.

Comment

• I've heard there was to be a change to the format this year... that Friday night's program had implications towards Saturday. Has anyone heard anything like this or know where a format is posted? Personally I think this would be a great idea. Something among the lines of locking Friday's top 2, 3, or 4 finishers into Saturdays feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X