No announcement yet.

2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race was great but schatz rises to the top. what happened to c.bell coming in the 39 car? or y wasn't bayston there? still a great doty just like always. wont see a field like that again this year with the woo,allstars and attica locals in one place. makes you wish Sheldon didn't get caught up in the bs in his heat race. had a top car tonight just had to come from the back.

Comment

• Looks like the real racing and passing in the top 8 was Larson, Haudenschild and Wilson.
      Winner from the front along with the other 4.
      I figured Schatz would win and from the front.
      Car count not as high as last year.
      Saw Attica was paying the WoO fees for the regular drivers which was wonderful.
      They all should have made a tidy profit tonight as the weather for once was excellent.

Comment

• The Winners from Thursday and Friday will be able to pick when they go out to Qualify for Saturday. They get to cut in line whenever they want to go out.
        2019 Race Counter - Total 22 + (rainouts- 13) Atomic-1, Attica-4, Eldora-8, Fremont-3, Wayne County- 2, Waynesfield-3, Winchester-1,

2018 Race Counter - Total- 33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora-11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post

That never works out. It seems like a great thing to do but REALLY does the driver actually know that he is a fast qualifier?
          It’s just as much of a guess as pickIng where you want to qualify at 🙄
          2019 Race Counter: 25
          Attica (10), Fremont (5), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• A great show in all respects. Qualified 50 cars, 6 heats, 2 dashes and D C B A mains and final checkers shortly before 10. It's no wonder both the WoO and Attica are the best in the business.

Comment

• 50 cars is impressive still the highest Woo car count of the year. Might have been a different result if the Woo officials didn't screw Larson on the start in his heat race. Sure would have been nice if he could have been in the dash and not had to start 15th. They have a track record of taking care of their own

Comment

• What do we think the car counts will be each night?

35 Thurs 45 Friday 55 Saturday

Comment

• Disappointing showing by our local FAST teams in my opinion. Over half of them were out after the C. Only two even made the show with Tj Michael finishing 19th and Cap Henry 22nd. Now if this were the results in a few days it would be understandable. However, this race was right in their own back yard and they got spanked. I love our locals and always root for them, but I am very disappointed in their results last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                    Race was great but schatz rises to the top. what happened to c.bell coming in the 39 car? or y wasn't bayston there? still a great doty just like always. wont see a field like that again this year with the woo,allstars and attica locals in one place. makes you wish Sheldon didn't get caught up in the bs in his heat race. had a top car tonight just had to come from the back.
                    Both Bayston and Bell were in Kunz midgets last night. Same with Bayston this coming weekend. Jordan Swindell said no one will be in the 39 at Eldora. The 39 car is serving as Sammy's backup for the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                      What do we think the car counts will be each night?

That's exactly what I am thinking.

Comment

• WoO officials take care of their own as it is very big business for them and they have to keep their guys upfront. I was told this a few years back by a WoO official and was told the venue was entertainment.

Comment

• The car count has dropped off as many teams have found it too expensive to go and not make the show. Earl used to do more promoting the local teams to come.

Comment

• The locals don’t have money motors to qualify with the WoO. Plain and simple. They all charged In heats to barely miss feature but were relegated to c main bc consis lined up I. Time. Using qualifying time to line up consis is the dumbest thing I’ve seen.
                            Attica (10), Fremont (5), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                              What do we think the car counts will be each night?

I looked back at the past couple of years and in 2016 the numbers 45, 49, 60. 2017 they were 48, 53, 53.

I would say the numbers would stay around the same. I'll go with 46, 50, 55.

Comment

• If you’re a local team with a local motor it’s a waste of time and money to go race a c or d main at eldora. It’s cool to say you went and did it but it does hurt the pocket book I’d imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X