No announcement yet.

2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tracks need special events with a BRAND name.
    I have neighbors and acquaintances that only go to the races for WoO shows and All Star shows. They do not attend the regular weekly shows. When they go they spend money.
    I think just maybe sometime they may come to a weekly show by having the show well run or bringing someone with them who may come back.

Comment

• What a lot of people don’t understand is tracks make their year off of those big shows. It makes it much easier to take risks on weekly shows when you have some padding in the account from the big ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
        What a lot of people don’t understand is tracks make their year off of those big shows. It makes it much easier to take risks on weekly shows when you have some padding in the account from the big ones.
        That's an astute observation. I believe the Doty tickets went on sale before last Christmas. That's 6 months of selling tickets and it helps fill the track's bank account as well as provide capital for track improvements. Nothing wrong with that. I hope ARP makes lots of money on the BDC.

Comment

• Cody Sommer seems to be doing ok without the Brand but then he did bring in the Brand this year & if they are the same bunch that I spent 30 bucks on awhile back with the All Stars at Attica your neighbors can pay all the money they want to watch the fast timer start on the pole & finish there that is if they like Late Models. Hell will freeze over before I do. Now the Sprints put on a hell of a show in the heats.

Some tracks talk themselves right out of having The Brand come in, Not enough seating, sanction fee is to high so on & so forth.

Comment

• I just watched Lee Jacobs come from about 11th to 4th and was passing cars.. What a run for this guy.. Then come to find out that the wrench on that car is Chad Kemenahs Nephew.. Maybe a change could help his Uncle... Just a thought!! Good racing at the BIG E!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Edge View Post
              I just watched Lee Jacobs come from about 11th to 4th and was passing cars.. What a run for this guy.. Then come to find out that the wrench on that car is Chad Kemenahs Nephew.. Maybe a change could help his Uncle... Just a thought!! Good racing at the BIG E!!
              Lee has been good again this year. Probably the best Ohio driver who doesn't race for points at any tracks or series. Always can hang tough with outlaws. He was what 6th last year at Kings Royal too. Been impressed with the 1881 Racing team again this year. Although we get to see him race more since they're not doing all stars anymore, I think they could really be compeitive again with them. But I'm fine with getting another very solid car run locally in Ohio.
              2019 Race Counter: 28
              Attica (10), Fremont (6), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Butler (2), Gas City (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Mansfield (1), Eldora (1), Oakshade (1)

Comment

• Only reason he doesn't run with allstars is the fact he's a school teacher and cant make some of there far away trips. Same thing with Cole Duncan and his work schedule.

Comment

Working...
                X