2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle Larson Racing‏ @KLRteam

Cars have been delivered and are getting prepped for @DIRTcarNats at Volusia! Can you believe it’s only three weeks away?! #FLinFeb

Comment

Destiny Motorsports‏ @DestinyMS4

Florida will be here in no time at all!

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
        Kraig Kinser Racing‏ @KraigKinser

Some photos of the 2018 Car Design, thanks to Jeff VanHorn!

Has Kraig said he's running with the WoO this year? I haven't heard anything from them since the World Finals. Selfishly. I love it if he came back to the All Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhorse View Post

Has Kraig said he's running with the WoO this year? I haven't heard anything from them since the World Finals. Selfishly. I love it if he came back to the All Stars.
          No final details, but he had all the WoO stickers on the car so I imagine they will go back on the road ... would be better to see him on the All-Stars and think he would do a lot better running with them, but it is probably one of those things that he believes they can make more money with the tow money packages/contingencies/point fund than running with the All-Stars even though they increased the point fund.

I believe that is why you see the Allen cars on the WoO trail as well because I think both of them would be a lot better off in the All-Stars as well. Same could probably be said about Brent Marks and Greg Wilson as well. Sure some of it like Greg is because of the sponsors putting money into their efforts and being able to travel the entire country instead of the All-Star schedule.

Who knows a lot of teams might go down to Florida and see how things go those couple of weeks and then decide one way or another.

Comment

Why are teams better off with all stars over woo? Run woo your running with best and learning from best which only makes driver and team that much better. Then add in that it's their dream to run woo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
              Why are teams better off with all stars over woo? Run woo your running with best and learning from best which only makes driver and team that much better. Then add in that it's their dream to run woo.
              To run with the All-Stars they can learn to run up front and maybe win some races, race more local, be more competitive, etc... Sorry, but running 12-24 or not even making the A-Main most nights for these guys doesn't seem like a great deal. Yea you want to run with the best, but don't you also want to be competitive as well? When the WoO's come to the bigger areas of 410 racing (Floirda early on, California early on, Las Vegas early on, Texas early on, Knoxville, Ohio, and PA) some of these guys struggle to make the A-Main.

For example ... out of 85 WoO races and what 14-15 teams following the entire series. Remember some of these places didn't even have enough cars for a full field either.

Clyde Knipp: 1 top 10 ... 1% of the A-Mains.
              Jacob Allen: 3 top 10's ... 3% of the A-Mains.
              Greg Wilson: 19 top 10's ... 22% of the A-mains.
              Jason Sides: 23 top 10's ... 27% of the A-Mains.
              Kraig Kinser: 28 top 10's ... 32% of the A-Mains.
              Logan Schucharts: 32 top 10's ... 37% of the A-Mains.

Just in my opinion ... Sorry, but getting your head beat in all the time doesn't build team confidence or driver confidence. Also the only time your "running with the best" is in the heat races and your looking at them far away from you because they are usually starting upfront so not sure how much learning or running with the best your really doing when your stuck in the back or in the B-Main.

Logan Schucharts has had some good moments indeed this past year!

It has to be tough mentally and physically for sure on these teams and drivers running with these guys night in and night out! Understand about being a dream to do it and wish them well. Just think I would rather be running competitively than not. Also running the All-Stars still gives you a great opportunity to go up against some of the best whether it be with the All-Stars, invaders that come in to these events, or the simple fact of going to places like PA, Knoxville, and Ohio to battle with some good local talent. Last point is running with the All-Stars still gives you a lot of chances to hit the WoO's shows as well when they come back to the Ohio/PA areas which you can probably still hit 20 plus shows if your willing as well.

For another example... guys who only ran a limited/partial schedule with the WoO's ... wish I had the amount of times these guys ran with the WoO's.

Kerry Madsen: 27 top 10's.
              Ian Madseon: 21 top 10's
              Brian Brown: 18 top 10's.
              Rico Abreu: 15 top 10's.
              Joey Saldana: 13 top 10's.
              Jac Haudenschild: 12 top 10's.
              Tim Shaffer: 12 top 10's.

Comment

this is probably why some guys pick the Outlaws over the All-Stars

WoO member get $500 (?) tow and if you make the feature a minimum of $800
                ASCoC member get $200~300 tow and if you make the feature a minimum of $500

2019 Racin' Chasin' Counter: (10) - Bubba (3), Volusia (2), Attica (2), Waynefield (1), Port Royal (1), Virgina Motor (1) - Rainouts (8)

2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter:
                50 Races @ 31 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)
                2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
                2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post

Agree ... and understand 100% ... also factor in the point fund as well with the contingency's.

Comment

Travel is a factor too. ASCoC mostly long weekends in the Midwest. WoO all over the country and about double the races

Comment

I'm interested to see how high Ian Madsen finishes this year. I think he can give Doty/Wright a run for their money on finishing 4th as a rookie. There are only three drivers I fully expect to be above him in points in the end so he should tie that record I imagine.
                      2019 Race Counter: 8
                      Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post

So using Columbus as a starting point Knoxville is 620 miles. A semi gets about 6 miles per gallon @ 2.87 a gallon. That's $296 one way for fuel to haul out there. That's why it's important for the All Stars to put these 3 race weekends together. More tow and race money per trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhorse View Post

So using Columbus as a starting point Knoxville is 620 miles. A semi gets about 6 miles per gallon @ 2.87 a gallon. That's $296 one way for fuel to haul out there. That's why it's important for the All Stars to put these 3 race weekends together. More tow and race money per trip.
                          That is one thing I believe that when Tony Stewart and his All-Star staff came on-board that they did very well with the tow money and races ... by when they had long tows for most of these teams that are usually based in or around Ohio area that they had 3 race weekends and those races were usually fairly close to each other so it benefited the teams. Now the thing is getting those 3 races in as well so the teams can benefit from it or at least not hurt them.

Comment

So using the same info I used before. The trip out west Jackson, Knoxville, and Burlington is 1727 total miles. That's $826.56 in fuel. $300 tow money for 3 races. Your fuel bill is covered.

Comment

Just now realized that Dane Lorenc's deal with Destiny apparently fell through. Didn't even take one race *shrugs*
                              2019 Race Counter: 8
                              Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                                Just now realized that Dane Lorenc's deal with Destiny apparently fell through. Didn't even take one race *shrugs*
                                He doesnt pay his bills

Comment

Working...
                                X