X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ErocWolverine
    started a topic 2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) Season Thread

2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) Season Thread

Sheldon to the 17 with Stenhouse and Marshall added to the team owner with Stenhouse.

So one less WoO car following the series with this deal ... kind of funny that Sheldon is replacing his dad in the ride.

Not sure if this does away with the Marshall/Bacon wing sprint car deal or not? Hope not!

• mudinmybeer
    replied
    Only reason he doesn't run with allstars is the fact he's a school teacher and cant make some of there far away trips. Same thing with Cole Duncan and his work schedule.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Edge View Post
    I just watched Lee Jacobs come from about 11th to 4th and was passing cars.. What a run for this guy.. Then come to find out that the wrench on that car is Chad Kemenahs Nephew.. Maybe a change could help his Uncle... Just a thought!! Good racing at the BIG E!!
    Lee has been good again this year. Probably the best Ohio driver who doesn't race for points at any tracks or series. Always can hang tough with outlaws. He was what 6th last year at Kings Royal too. Been impressed with the 1881 Racing team again this year. Although we get to see him race more since they're not doing all stars anymore, I think they could really be compeitive again with them. But I'm fine with getting another very solid car run locally in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• Edge
    replied
    I just watched Lee Jacobs come from about 11th to 4th and was passing cars.. What a run for this guy.. Then come to find out that the wrench on that car is Chad Kemenahs Nephew.. Maybe a change could help his Uncle... Just a thought!! Good racing at the BIG E!!

Leave a comment:

• Sprintcarfanatic
    replied
    Cody Sommer seems to be doing ok without the Brand but then he did bring in the Brand this year & if they are the same bunch that I spent 30 bucks on awhile back with the All Stars at Attica your neighbors can pay all the money they want to watch the fast timer start on the pole & finish there that is if they like Late Models. Hell will freeze over before I do. Now the Sprints put on a hell of a show in the heats.

Some tracks talk themselves right out of having The Brand come in, Not enough seating, sanction fee is to high so on & so forth.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
    What a lot of people don’t understand is tracks make their year off of those big shows. It makes it much easier to take risks on weekly shows when you have some padding in the account from the big ones.
    That's an astute observation. I believe the Doty tickets went on sale before last Christmas. That's 6 months of selling tickets and it helps fill the track's bank account as well as provide capital for track improvements. Nothing wrong with that. I hope ARP makes lots of money on the BDC.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Dog
    replied
    What a lot of people don’t understand is tracks make their year off of those big shows. It makes it much easier to take risks on weekly shows when you have some padding in the account from the big ones.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    The tracks need special events with a BRAND name.
    I have neighbors and acquaintances that only go to the races for WoO shows and All Star shows. They do not attend the regular weekly shows. When they go they spend money.
    I think just maybe sometime they may come to a weekly show by having the show well run or bringing someone with them who may come back.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post

Crazy. One of, if not the best race of the season over and over. lol. Just Chris Andrews in the C and B were worth more than the admission price. Add in Larson smashing thru from 15th to almost get to Schatz. Non stop back and forth thru the field. Just unbelievable I found someone who doesnt like the race. GO hang out at Hilltop or Mercer, watch a feature there and get back to me. Jesus.
    I am not suprised you find it unbelieveable that someone has a different opinion than you. You may encounter others who do not share you opinion some day. Nah, that's crazy. Never gonna happen. Why is the word GO in all caps? Are you yelling at me? Maybe I have more control over your emotions than you do. Now, that's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
    Maybe if they didn't change the rules for different car counts a guy that timed 37th wouldn't start on the pole of his heat either.

& if you don't think they take care of their own I'd think Butch Schroeder & Dean Jacobs would tell you otherwise also.

How's ol Denny say it "Protect the Brand". With that I think I'll skip it & just go to Shady Bowl Saturday night. haven't been down there since I was 7 or 8.
    That was Earl Baltes' rule not the Outlaws. The entire Kings Royal format preceded the Outlaw sanction and hasn't changed one bit...

But yes the WoO's regular format favors the outlaw drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Sprintcarfanatic
    replied
    Maybe if they didn't change the rules for different car counts a guy that timed 37th wouldn't start on the pole of his heat either.

& if you don't think they take care of their own I'd think Butch Schroeder & Dean Jacobs would tell you otherwise also.

How's ol Denny say it "Protect the Brand". With that I think I'll skip it & just go to Shady Bowl Saturday night. haven't been down there since I was 7 or 8.
    Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; July 12th, 2018, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaybo777 View Post

Crazy. One of, if not the best race of the season over and over. lol. Just Chris Andrews in the C and B were worth more than the admission price. Add in Larson smashing thru from 15th to almost get to Schatz. Non stop back and forth thru the field. Just unbelievable I found someone who doesnt like the race. GO hang out at Hilltop or Mercer, watch a feature there and get back to me. Jesus.
    Chris put on a hell of a show. Wish they woulda sprung out and used a track provisional for him.

Leave a comment:

• Jaybo777
    replied
    Originally posted by racemak View Post
    I watched the video of the BDC feature. Was it better than a weekly feature? Was it worth twice the price of a weekly race? For me the answer is no. A WoO event does mean the big STARS will be racing. In the celebrity driven world of 2018, I guess that's important. I'll stick to weekly shows. Tyler Street getting his first win interests me more than Donny Schatz getting another one. And yes, I think Tyler Street will win a feature this season. I also predict a 410 feature win for Jordan Ryan in 2018.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by racemak View Post
    I watched the video of the BDC feature. Was it better than a weekly feature? Was it worth twice the price of a weekly race? For me the answer is no. A WoO event does mean the big STARS will be racing. In the celebrity driven world of 2018, I guess that's important. I'll stick to weekly shows. Tyler Street getting his first win interests me more than Donny Schatz getting another one. And yes, I think Tyler Street will win a feature this season. I also predict a 410 feature win for Jordan Ryan in 2018.
    Wouldn't be surprised by either of those happening. And what makes it better is the quality of the field to me, the race itself may not change much but it's watching the best of the best do something over some solid to good level drivers. I mean, to be fair, the C main was the feature at a local show. So over half the field was better than our local show.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X