No announcement yet.

2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!!!! Quite a diversified group of drivers for sure. Both the championship race and rookie of the year title should provide an exciting season to say the least. Looking forward to seeing all of these guys in action. Now all we need is a break in the weather from Mother Nature.

Comment

• Might have to make a few more this year !!!!

Comment

• Should be quite the shows this year with not just one dominant car. Feeling like the Bert Emick days coming back.

Comment

• The ASCoC has a more interesting group of regulars than the WoO. Very glad to see Carson Macedo in the 3g full time. Also very pleased that Joey Saldana is back with the All Stars. Ditto for Haud. Ditto for McMahon. Ditto for Dave Blaney. I expect a big crowd at ARP on April 7th for what should be some must see racing.

Comment

• Weekend weather looks terrible. Snow and rain in the forecast, highs of 43° and 37°. Still time for that to change but not getting my hopes up.

ASCoC opener @ the grove... just doesn't seem right.

Comment

• I goofed and made a reply under the Atomic thread. Brief summary : The rain / snow showers is Fri., while Sat. is 43 and sunny and Sunday 49 and sunny. With advanced notice, would an early evening Sunday rain date work ? 1st race 6 PM , and done by 9 pm ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                I goofed and made a reply under the Atomic thread. Brief summary : The rain / snow showers is Fri., while Sat. is 43 and sunny and Sunday 49 and sunny. With advanced notice, would an early evening Sunday rain date work ? 1st race 6 PM , and done by 9 pm ?
                I wish they would hotlap at 1pm saturday. Apparently they have a rain date scheduled April 20th for the ASCoC show.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAF92 View Post

I wish they would hotlap at 1pm saturday. Apparently they have a rain date scheduled April 20th for the ASCoC show.
                  If needed they do

Comment

• With the start of the All Stars points season allegedly starting this upcoming weekend I believe it's time to call your shot. There are 20 full time ASCOC drivers this year (listed below) and 15 point fund positions paid out. Pick your top 15 for the All stars this year.

Drivers: Chad Kemenah #10H.., Max Stambaugh, #5M.., Caleb Helms #17.., Brandon Spithaler #22.., John Garvin Jr #51.., Tyler Esh #35.., Jordan Mackison #1080.., Hunter Mackison #95... Aaron Reutzel #87...Ayrton Olsen #71... Cale Conley #7k... Carl Bowser #98... Carson Macedo #3G... Dave Blaney #70... Jac Haudenschild #3... Joey Saldana #26... Max McGhee #11... Parker Price-Miller #4... Paul McMahan #13... Trevor Baker #45

My top 5 Picks: I'm picking Carson Macedo (1st) to win it as a dark horse. I think he's got just as much talent as some of the savvy vets like Kemenah, Saldana, and McMahan but I feel he has the attitude like he has something to prove. The Gaerte ride is very formidable car and I think Macedo has the ability to claim an All Star crown in his first tour. Joey Saldana (2nd) I think will be most people's pick to win the title, but I'm not sure that he'll blow anyone away. I think he'll have the most wins this season but I just believe Macedo will be more consistent overall as Saldana seems to have bad luck. Chad Kemenah (3rd) will likely be consistent per usual but with harder competition I think he'll have a harder time moving up through the field as he so often does. I think if he can qualify well he has a chance to win title, but I think that will be key in his attempt to repeat this year. I'm taking Paul McMahan in 4th, primarily due to experience and his hot start to the year in florida. He held his own in a decent car owned by the Wheatley's in Cali swing. Aaron Reutzel (5th) I think will have a very good inaugural season in the 410s, but adapting to the 410 fulltime may cause some hiccups here and there and that's why I'm only predicting a top 5 finish in addition to a lack of experience at some of the tracks on the schedule. I think overall the top 5 will be a very very close points battle.

6-10: I have PPM coming in 6th in the points. He's a very talented young driver but as much as this team has raced I just doubt the consistent speed being there in the Destiny Motorsports house. Dave Blaney (7th) and the Premier Motorsports team I think is going to be more highly thought of than where I have them. The car has been fast in spurts, and Blaney has been fast in spurts too. However, I'm unsure how Dave will fair going back to a full time schedule after having hit and miss the last two seasons in the Motter Car. I have Jac Haudenschild (8th) finishing this low simply because Jac is Jac and that will never change. I imagine he'll pick up some thrilling wins but inconsistency to me will put him behind a class consisting of some very talented drivers. Caleb Helms (9th) has been looking better and better, but The talent pool that's in the All Stars is gonna hurt him in the points race this year. Mad Max Stambaugh (10th) may have a bit more issues this year when it comes to running the team as well as driving, that being said, I think he'll be one of the better family ran teams running the All Star circuit this year finishing behind only Jac and Caleb when it comes to family teams.

11-15: I have Tyler Esh running in 11th. He ran very well and certainly improved last year until his injury occured. I look for him to possibly snooker a win if he gets starting up front and in dashes.Trevor Baker (12th) has some very good equipment but does have consistency issues in my experience (quick time on lap one of qualifying and spin out on the second for example..). I think having the equipment will certainly help over the course of the season. Brandon Spithaler (13th) has some experience at the tracks from last year and has been known to run a few quicktimes including breaking the track record at Angell Park prior to the event being rained out. I believe his strong qualifying efforts will put him in a place to consistently be in the A mains, even if he doesn't run up front in them. Carl Bowser (14th) is a solid Western PA driver in a good car for the region headed out on tour for the all stars the first time. Although I believe he'll see some struggles, I think he'll do well enough to outrun some of the other inexperienced drivers on the tour. Cale Conley (15th) and the Dave Jessup team have picked up some wins in the Ohio region last year, but It seems already that they've had a few mechanical issues which is why I have them lower on the list.

The Rest (no particular order): Inexperience and/or inadequate equipment leaves John Garvin Jr, Jordan and Hunter Mackison, Ayrton Olsen, and Max McGhee out of the top 15 in points. I imagine one or more of these drivers will drop off by speedweek.

1. Carson Macedo
                    2. Joey Saldana
                    3. Chad Kemenah
                    4. Paul McMahan
                    5. Aaron Reutzel
                    6. Parker Price-Miller
                    7. Dave Blaney
                    8. Jac Haudenschild
                    9. Caleb Helms
                    10. Max Stambaugh
                    11. Tyler Esh
                    12. Trevor Baker
                    13. Brandon Spihaler
                    14. Carl Bowser
                    15. Cale Conley
                    2019 Race Counter: 8
                    Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

• 1. Saldana
                      2.McMahan
                      3.Kemenah
                      4.Macedo
                      5.PPM
                      6.Jac Haud
                      7.Dave Blaney
                      8.Reutzel
                      9.Helms
                      10.Cale Conley
                      11.Stambaugh
                      12.Esh
                      13.Spithaler
                      14.Bowser
                      15.Hunter Mack
                      16.Baker
                      17.Jordam Mack
                      18.Mcghee
                      19.Garvin
                      20.Olsen

Comment

• The allstars have some big shows this year and you have to take consistent qualifying into making this list. From 9th on down will be hard for these guys to make features. Especially all the races against the posse and mid west races. Reutzel going to many new tracks is why I have him 8th. Dave Blaney just isn't that great to be a top five from what ive seen from him lately and the pete grove car. Jac will crash or blow his tires off and lose points from time to time. PPM should be on the rise with the new ride and put a solid year together. Same with Macedo but I cant take him to win points when he's young and takes chances more then those above him. kemenah will be consistent but just not enough. McMahan is a seasoned vet and experience at all the tracks will help him make the features. And Saldana can win any race on the schedule. Fast every night out and hopefully the 26 car and him have the team in place go win the championship.

Comment

• 1. Kemenah 2. Saldana 3. Macedo 4. McMahon 5. PPM 6. Helms 7. Conley 8. Reutzel. 9. Blaney 10. Haud

Comment

• I've been telling my 2yr old son the past couple of weeks that we are going to races this Saturday. When I got home today from work I told him we may not be able to go because it might be too cold.

To which he exclaimed back "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" Then ran out of the room. When he came back he had his winter coat, blanket, gloves, and boots. He's been itching to go since October. If they run it and it's dry I'm certain we will be there. I am not fighting the determination of a 2yr old

Comment

• Wanting Macedo as well and think he has a great future. If McMahon is in the 13 he will be tough. I think he still is one of the best with proper equipment.

Mcmahon
                              Saldana
                              Kemenah
                              Reutzuel
                              Macedo
                              Blaney
                              Haud
                              Ppm
                              Stambach
                              Esh
                              Helms
                              Conley
                              Bowser
                              Spithaler
                              Hunter mack

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprint14 View Post
                                I've been telling my 2yr old son the past couple of weeks that we are going to races this Saturday. When I got home today from work I told him we may not be able to go because it might be too cold.

To which he exclaimed back "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" Then ran out of the room. When he came back he had his winter coat, blanket, gloves, and boots. He's been itching to go since October. If they run it and it's dry I'm certain we will be there. I am not fighting the determination of a 2yr old
                                That kid is me pretty much every weekend and I love it.
                                2019 Race Counter: 8
                                Attica (3), Butler (1), Fremont (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Wayne Co. (1)

Comment

Working...
                                X