2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racemak View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, and hate to be so negative, but there won't be any racing in Ohio this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be better. Back to back ARP and Fremont opening nights. That would be great.
    I agree it's probably all gonna get froze out even if there is no rain rest of week. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will randomly get warm this weekend. This is ohio after all.
    2019 Race Counter: 18
    Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• Heard from friend down near Waverley and he said they got pounded. He said they'll be lucky to get into fields by mid may at this rate, but you know how farmers like to be lil over dramatic

Comment

• All stars have cancelled the atomic event and postponed Attica to April 20th.
        Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• With the weather getting more erratic by the year , one wonders it it will be 75-80 degrees in October, like it was last Fall, at which time all the tracks were closed.

Comment

• Son of a ....., Why the ....., How the ...., Mother......, Sigh. Mother nature is a you know what. Feel bad for everyone the tracks, drivers, and fans. Looks like I probably won't be able to go see anything till Eldora's let's race 2 weekend. Was hoping the unpredictable Ohio weather would break in everyone's favor but it doesn't appear so. Sorry to you farmers but here's to hoping for a dry summer if we even get one

Comment

• 1)-Kemenah
              2)-McMahan
              3)-Saldana
              4)-Macedo
              5)-Reutzel
              6)-Haudenschild
              7)-Blaney
              8)-Helms
              9)-Price-Miller
              10)-Spithaler
              11)-Stambaugh
              12-Conley
              13)-McGhee
              14)-Hunter, Mack
              15)-Baker

Comment

• I think it will be a battle between Kemenah and Saldana. Chad's consistency and knowledge of the tracks will have him running for another championship. Saldana is an elite qualifier and has a ton of laps at the PA tracks which should help him. It should be fun watching these two go at it.

Haud, McMahan, and Dave Blaney are guys that can win races but also have rough nights. Jac is Jac and everybody knows that. I just don't know how much Dave actually wants to race. He seems like he does it just because he can. McMahan can steal a night or two.

Macedo, Reutzel, PPM, and Helms are all very good young drivers that just don't have the consistency yet to win a championship in my mind.

Esh is a wildcard for me. He was impressive a couple nights i was at the track. He's a guy that jumped into the deep end of the pool and took his lumps. I think he can be very good in a couple years.

I'm excited for this season. The All Stars have a good thing going right now.

Comment

• So based upon this tow money announcement from the all stars for the weekend it appears that both Max Stambaugh and Trevor Baker will not be running the all stars.
                  Driver Winnings Payable Provisionals Tow 17 member
                  Kemenah Hunter Racing LTD 2 300 25
                  Helms Helms Racing Inc. 2 300 25
                  McMahan West Earl Equipment Company 2 300
                  Price-Miller Destiny Motorsports 2 300
                  Conley Dave Jessup Racing 2 300
                  Blaney Premier Motorsports LLC 2 300
                  Garvin Liz Matus Racing 2 250 25
                  H. Mackison Mackison, John Hunter 2 250 25
                  J. Mackison Mackison, Jordan 2 250 25
                  Saldana Rudeen Racing 250
                  Esh Travis Esh 2 100 25
                  Spithaler Brandon Spithaler 2 100 25
                  Haudenschild Jac Haudenschild 2 100
                  Macedo Joe Gaerte Racing, LLC 2 100
                  Bowser Chiappelli Motorsports Inc 2 100
                  McGhee Michael McGhee 2 100
                  Olsen A.O. Enterprises 2 100
                  Reutzel Baughman Reutzel Motorsports 2 100

Comment

• Kemenah; Jac; Price-Miller; Blaney; Reutzel the top 5. Neither Saldana or McMahan will run the whole season.
                    2019 Race Counter: 3
                    Port Royal (1); Attica (1); Waynesfield (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by armyduke View Post
                      Kemenah; Jac; Price-Miller; Blaney; Reutzel the top 5. Neither Saldana or McMahan will run the whole season.
                      Looks reasonable, but my bet is that not more than 12 drivers will compete in 90 to 100 % of the events completed ( calculated after the season ends - total series events completed divided by the number attended ). But, still a big improvement over the previous management, when 4-6 teams ran 100 %.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        So based upon this tow money announcement from the all stars for the weekend it appears that both Max Stambaugh and Trevor Baker will not be running the all stars.
                        Driver Winnings Payable Provisionals Tow 17 member
                        Kemenah Hunter Racing LTD 2 300 25
                        Helms Helms Racing Inc. 2 300 25
                        McMahan West Earl Equipment Company 2 300
                        Price-Miller Destiny Motorsports 2 300
                        Conley Dave Jessup Racing 2 300
                        Blaney Premier Motorsports LLC 2 300
                        Garvin Liz Matus Racing 2 250 25
                        H. Mackison Mackison, John Hunter 2 250 25
                        J. Mackison Mackison, Jordan 2 250 25
                        Saldana Rudeen Racing 250
                        Esh Travis Esh 2 100 25
                        Spithaler Brandon Spithaler 2 100 25
                        Haudenschild Jac Haudenschild 2 100
                        Macedo Joe Gaerte Racing, LLC 2 100
                        Bowser Chiappelli Motorsports Inc 2 100
                        McGhee Michael McGhee 2 100
                        Olsen A.O. Enterprises 2 100
                        Reutzel Baughman Reutzel Motorsports 2 100
                        Apparently Saldana did an interview the other day and said they have no intentions to stick to the ASCoC schedule full time...

Comment

• Shame. Team would be extremely able to win the series.

Comment

• Is the 2018 All Star roster 15,18, or 20 teams ? I have seen several lists on Pitgate, with varying numbers. Looks like there were 17 “regulars” at Williams Grove. I didn’t include Tony, as he is not a regular nor on any of the lists. One or more of th lists had McGhee, Stambaugh, and Baker on a list, but none of these 3 were present. Just wondering which list is factual, in order to draw comparisons later in the year.

Comment

• Same hype every year. I expect 10 - 12 full timers to stick it out the entire season and Kemenah and Blaney at the top of the standings. Business as usual.
                              ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                              http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

• Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                                Is the 2018 All Star roster 15,18, or 20 teams ? I have seen several lists on Pitgate, with varying numbers. Looks like there were 17 “regulars” at Williams Grove. I didn’t include Tony, as he is not a regular nor on any of the lists. One or more of th lists had McGhee, Stambaugh, and Baker on a list, but none of these 3 were present. Just wondering which list is factual, in order to draw comparisons later in the year.
                                Baker and Stambaugh decided not to run the tour. McGhee is running still but was sick and had Cole Duncan fill in for him in their car. The list that is actually running is the list I posted on the tow money sheet minus Saldana as of now.

And Swamp, there were 14 guys who stayed on tour last year (out of 18) and 12 in 2016. Still very good following for a series. But when you only pay the top 15 spots you'd have to be a bit crazy to race if you're not gonna even get in the point fund.

Comment

Working...
                                X