2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swamp View Post
    Same hype every year. I expect 10 - 12 full timers to stick it out the entire season and Kemenah and Blaney at the top of the standings. Business as usual.
    I agree with this assessment. Every year the list starts out big, and that is what all the fans hang their hats on. But, by the end of the season, the reality is always quite different. The tow money helps, but you have to consistently make the Main and also have a reasonable number of top 5 and 10 finishes to avoid a high reliance on credit cards, home equity loans, donations, etc. But, on a positive note, 10 to 12 full time teams ( 100% attendance ) is very good considering these are part time efforts and not full time jobs. The drop off from 17-20 to 10-12 will commence after Ohio Speedweek. But even then, 10-12 100% attendance teams is still quite good and realistic. It sure beats the 4-6 we had just a few years ago.

Comment

• Attica had a good very good group of 410's last night. The heat races were not that exciting, although to be fair, it was a single groove track at that point. The latemodels and 305's had more entertaining heats. I think the latemodels and 305's had the best features too. The new look for DJ Foos's car is very cool. If there was a best appearing car award, he would have won it.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Dare I say the weather looks perfect for Attica Friday!!!

Comment

• And are so many racing options this weekend I don't even know where to go!

Comment

• Wayne County All Stars Saturday night but thunderstorms in the weather forecast. Hopefully they can get it in. WCS always has a great All Star show where anything can happen.
                  Also graduations and graduation parties at many schools this weekend. I am committed to 5 currently and I am expecting that to go to 10 so sadly no racing for me this weekdnd.

Comment

• Going to hit Attica and Waynesfield.Really looking forward to the Field Sunday.Nothing like All Stars racing there.

Comment

• love when Waynesfield has all winged sprints !!!!!

Comment

• Saturday thunderstorms have disappeared last two weekends in the WCS - Deerfield area.

Comment

• Slightly off the subject, but since it’s been about a year since I last read anything about it, what ever happened to that new track under construction in Ohio , not too far from Lawrenceburg, IN ? Some posters were giving updates and photos, but nothing now in nearly a year.

Comment

• Edgewater think was name. It ESS discussed here 3 months ago. Still working on it way looked and next year racing maybe my guess

Comment

• Pretty sure the river flooding pushed things back.

Comment

• The track stated on facebook that they were planning on their first race being in June a little while ago. It honestly might be best to give the track a year and not rush into it though. It's certainly an ambitious effort.
                                2019 Race Counter: 18
                                Attica (7), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (1), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

Working...
                                X