Dale Blaney still without a ride in 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Blaney still without a ride in 2018

What a shame if that stays the same ... one of the best all around drivers and clearly one of the best if not the best All-Star drivers without a ride. Hopefully he finds something or can put something together to run in 2018.

IMO he has not helped him self by not advertising he was available as there was never anything officially released by him or Zemco that they had separated. I am sure the Low Rider will find some good equipment to run in 2018!

Comment

He hasn't been the same since the Muddy #1 car.Im sure George fisher passing hasn't helped him much. Even when he was winning regularly he didn't sound like he was very motivated and often talked like he was on his way out after a few more years. Seems like more of a youth movement then normal in racing the last few years also. Why would someone invest in putting blaney in a ride just for a few races or a year when he hasn't won but I think one race at attica last year in the #55 car? He wasnt very competitive in the zemco or 11n last year and those are descent rides. Im sure he will race next year but I think he would better suited to race in ohio at tracks he can dominate for instance the fast series. Seems like you don't even have to leave ohio next year and can hit all the big shows and run the fast series. Be interesting to see how it plays out but maybe he could be a fit for the 9x in 2018? I don't know his relationship with the owner but seems like last year nobody really clicked in that car.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
        He hasn't been the same since the Muddy #1 car.Im sure George fisher passing hasn't helped him much. Even when he was winning regularly he didn't sound like he was very motivated and often talked like he was on his way out after a few more years. Seems like more of a youth movement then normal in racing the last few years also. Why would someone invest in putting blaney in a ride just for a few races or a year when he hasn't won but I think one race at attica last year in the #55 car? He wasnt very competitive in the zemco or 11n last year and those are descent rides. Im sure he will race next year but I think he would better suited to race in ohio at tracks he can dominate for instance the fast series. Seems like you don't even have to leave ohio next year and can hit all the big shows and run the fast series. Be interesting to see how it plays out but maybe he could be a fit for the 9x in 2018? I don't know his relationship with the owner but seems like last year nobody really clicked in that car.
        When did Blaney talk about being out? Heck he is a modest driver which is hard to believe with how some drivers ask and he doesn't brag up himself like others do as well. He was just running the All-Star series just the other year where they run 55 plus shows across the midwest/east coast along with the probably 20 WoO shows he did and probably a few local shows.

Well the Zemco car has always been a part-time deal and usually a decent car.

The 11n wasn't that good of car this year and in fact the 12n the teammate car ran by Cole Duncan and his crew several times was indeed the better car, but might of had the better driver than most of the year too.

Like anything else ... you put a good car under a good driver you have a good match. When Blaney is in the 11n and doesn't do well at Attica it isn't the driver. He could run the track blindfolded and probably get a top 5 out of it.

Comment

He's said it in a few different post race interviews. I cant' name the exact race or track. When you go to around 50 races a year at 10 different tracks things kind of blend together. And I beg to differ on the 11n not being a good car. Mintz had that car looking great at Mansfield and chistopher bell had no problems winning in it.

Comment

He's said it in a few different post race interviews. I cant' name the exact race or track. When you go to around 50 races a year at 10 different tracks things kind of blend together. And I beg to differ on the 11n not being a good car. Mintz had that car looking great at Mansfield and chistopher bell had no problems winning in it.
            I guess I have seen that car at tracks this past season not do as well compared to you ...

Bell can get just about any car around the track ... lol

As for performance the 12n ran sparingly and did better than the 11n this year (IMO).

Comment

Depends on who is turning the wrenches too. Andrews and Blaney both looked bad in the 11 & 19 cars. Mintz and Bell were fast. You can only go as fast as the car allows.

Comment

I believe Dale can still win races, though perhaps not as frequently as in his more youthful years. This would not be unique to him. As in any sport, including racing, as the years pass by the skills are not quite as sharp. Given the right circumstances ( a well funded team, a proven crew chief, etc ) he can be competitive in local and regional racing, including special events and All Star sanctions. He can win races, especially on the dry slick surfaces, which requires a better skill set. Let’s remember that there are fewer and fewer independent car owners out there ( most teams being family owned and driven ) so there aren’t a large numbers of car owners out there tripping over one another trying to employ hired guns. Just my opinion, but a driver of his talent and past accomplishments should never take a ride just because there isn’t much out there. I hope something develops for him and that we see him win some more races in 2018.

Comment

Rumors are out there that Dale has a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by 23J View Post
                    Rumors are out there that Dale has a ride.
                    Any idea who? I was thinking maybe he runs all stars in the 33m

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

Any idea who? I was thinking maybe he runs all stars in the 33m
                      Ray Marshall is suppose to be going wingless racing with 2 cars this year.

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post

Ray Marshall is suppose to be going wingless racing with 2 cars this year.
                        Mr know it all!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Comment

Perhaps DAVE,DALE and RYAN could scrape up enough money to put at least 1 car together for DALE.

Comment

If I was an owner and I had enough parts laying around the shop to put a car together, I'd put Blaney in it without a second thought. I'm not, and I can't but I hope someone does!
                            ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                            http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp View Post
                              If I was an owner and I had enough parts laying around the shop to put a car together, I'd put Blaney in it without a second thought. I'm not, and I can't but I hope someone does!
                              Agree ... he can still hang with the All-Stars and be very effective. Like anybody else he needs a good team behind him as well that work for him and does what he wants because he has shown he can get it done when that happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X