Mansfield 100k Car Count Prediction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield 100k Car Count Prediction

It is the off season so lets give everyone something to talk about. What do you think the car count will be for the Mansfield 100k race April 27-28?

My prediction is 52.

I think the pre-registration deadline being a month before the race and cost of the entry fee will keep some teams from taking the plunge, especially the locals or lower dollar teams. If guys could see how the first month of the season goes and watch the weather more guys would possibly participate. I think it will be the case like many big dollar events where big dollars keep racers away. Don't see any payout numbers if you don't make the show so you could walk away with nothing after you figure your entry fee. To me that is the big issue with big money shows. A lot in the feature purse but nothing extra for B, C or D main. I think Eldora finally figured that out with the Kings Royal a few years ago and now they are getting solid fields and some locals giving it a try.

Lets hear some predictions.

ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A REGISTRATION PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE AND PRIOR TO RACING AT THE SCWC. "EARLY" Driver Registration Entry fee is $150 and includes 2 Day PIT PASS for the Driver. After February 1st Entry Fee will be $200 and it will NOT include driver pit pass. All Driver Registration Entries must be recieved by April 1st deadline. NO REGISTRATION ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER APRIL 1st - NO EXCEPTIONS. ALL Driver Registration Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE.

I think it is smart to have this pre entry registration. That way you can advertise who is coming and/or if no one signs up you can cancel the event without causing grief.

Sounds like quite a few central PA cars are planning to make the trip

Comment

I'm going with an old school Kings Royal style car count of 63.

Comment

Ill go with 72 pre entries.
        Some will pre enter but not show up at race.
        Pre entry does include pit pass so that adds to the package.
        Then 60 for race day.

Comment

I’m saying 68 on race day if weather doesn’t look bad.

Comment

60 ...

Don't really like they aren't taking teams/drivers/cars the day of event or for that matter leading up to the event.

Having a deadline of one month before the event seems a little extreme in this day and age. I understand having the price goes up as it gets closer so make it $250.00 or something on raceday because the last month you might have teams that get things together or they find out their equipment is running better than planned so they want to be part of it.

That time of year you still have teams getting things worked out or might have teams that might be able to make it if the weather looks a lot better than in their area for that weekend, but they don't want to front the money 1 month before the event especially that time of year where rain is constant in this area.

Comment

Seems so far most of us think we will be in the 60s for car count.
              I think not taking late entries is a marketing plan to get the majority of names in before event to use in advertising. Pretty smart actually. There are drivers out there of bigger names that have in the past not pre entered as they did not want their names used in ads unless they were paid or did not want negative remarks if they went and raced elsewhere.
              The track can open up registration later if they want to.
              It really helps the tracks if they can list the pre entry list to get fans in.

Comment

It helps everyone involved. You need to get people committed to this type of event early. If you are going to put up that type of purse, this pre-entry stuff is 100% fair

Comment

I know drivers register early for the Knoxville Nationals. Do they have a cutoff when you have to register by for that? I know the fee increases as it gets closer but unsure if they do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                    It helps everyone involved. You need to get people committed to this type of event early. If you are going to put up that type of purse, this pre-entry stuff is 100% fair
                    Understand to a point, but just don't like the cut-off for it. Yes of course it makes it good for the fans to see what drivers/teams coming in for sure... but ... if Kerry Madsen, Brian Brown, and several other who might not come because of racing at Knoxville so they get rained out in the Knoxville area that weekend because of bad weather for the weekend they can't come because they didn't register ... doesn't seem smart to me.

Comment

58 cars and I think the early cut off will hurt them more than help them. Yes it is great to see the pre entry list but also have to agree that an early cut off can and will hurt the show in my opinion.

Comment

Those drivers need to do the registration then they are covered.
                        Also this is good as it supports those drivers who are making the commitment to Mansfield.
                        I think it would also help some of the local teams.

Comment

I dont believe the early cut off will hurt. Rick Gross used to have an Outerwears outlaw sprint challenge race in early 1990s and did the same kind of entry deal. This was when Wayne county was known as Buckeye speedway. This procedure worked well for him.

Comment

Car count could be surprising. A 100k to win event that you don't have to beat Donny Schatz or any outlaw may bring in a lot of cars. Your going to get at least 50 but ill say 73.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                              Those drivers need to do the registration then they are covered.
                              Also this is good as it supports those drivers who are making the commitment to Mansfield.
                              I think it would also help some of the local teams.
                              That is always easy to say, but are you willing to pay 200.00 for something that you might not attend because of possibly prior commitments such as your owner, sponsor, team usually races some places else and looking for a track championship, point fund, etc...

I have heard excuses from some of you over the years about how much a tire cost, how much racing cost, etc... but to pay for something you might not attend seems crazy to me especially when they want you to pay for it at least a month ahead of time.

Again having the early signing period and then after a certain date is fine with me because those teams/drivers that can save some money will put that out there, but why stop it or cut it off? Why not have a deal where the day of the event or a month away cost another 50-100 so teams/drivers will be willing to pay in advance.

Just think for a moment where maybe the WoO teams get rained out the entire weekend and some of those teams would like to come, but they can't because of not being registered now. Do you think if it is Wednesday before the event and the WoO cancels that show because of weather and the up coming forecast doesn't look good so they cancel it that teams wouldn't want to come to this event? Also I am betting that would probably get some people off the fence on attending this event as well especially if they knew some of the WoO guys were coming at the last minute or one of their drivers that they follow at the last minute says he is coming. Do you think if JAC was still on the WoO tour and it got rained out he wouldn't be there and that wouldn't bring a few more fans to this event, but he can't race because he didn't do the registration.

Again I get it ... they are trying to use this to market the race and to show who is going to be there to attract fans to this event and they are worried that some of the bigger names that aren't sure of attending will pay early and sit and wait till the end so the fans might not come because "so and so driver" isn't there.

Not really sure how it helps the local teams out? I wonder how many local teams will actually put up that kind of money?

Comment

Working...
                              X