No announcement yet.

Mansfield 100k Car Count Prediction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a former car owner I would pay the entry fee especially the early fee of $150 which includes the pit pass.
    As a fan I would not base my attendance on if the WoO would show up or not.
    I would be attending on the amazing race it should be.

Comment

103 cars and it gets done the following afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
        As a former car owner I would pay the entry fee especially the early fee of $150 which includes the pit pass.
        As a fan I would not base my attendance on if the WoO would show up or not.
        I would be attending on the amazing race it should be.
        Your thinking of a guy sitting in the Attica, Fremont, or Wayne County pits ...

You would pay it even if you lived 600 plus miles away and not sure if your local track that has a huge point fund that you run regularly at will be running that weekend?

As a local fan ... no the WoO's wouldn't be the only reason, but it might help to bring traveling fans along.

Originally posted by Amish Mafia View Post
        103 cars and it gets done the following afternoon
        Yea, let's hope he/they have figured out something better than what we have seen there.

Comment

The pre registration does nothing to increase the car count but can potentially hurt it. And what if the number of cars pre registered doesn't meet expectations?
          How much is GA? I've looked on the site and couldn't find it.... wasn't it $35 for the last ASCOC race there? Which was a 1 division show, yes they ran 2 features but the fans had already paid for the first one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bowling View Post
            How much is GA? I've looked on the site and couldn't find it.... wasn't it $35 for the last ASCOC race there? Which was a 1 division show, yes they ran 2 features but the fans had already paid for the first one before.
            I don't believe they announced anything yet for ticket prices. There is nothing on their site about ticket prices.

Looks like they have added suites to the backstretch or that is the plan by their map.

Comment

The pre registration does nothing to increase the car count but can potentially hurt it. And what if the number of cars pre registered doesn't meet expectations?
              I believe it was $25 if you purchased up to the day before race online and $30 at gate. And discounted tickets for those who went to first race which every other track I’ve been to in that situation wouldn’t give any discount. Had same situation at Attica for speed week and Fremont with the run what ya brung. Was nice of sommer to give the discount.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

I believe it was $25 if you purchased up to the day before race online and $30 at gate. And discounted tickets for those who went to first race which every other track I’ve been to in that situation wouldn’t give any discount. Had same situation at Attica for speed week and Fremont with the run what ya brung. Was nice of sommer to give the discount.
                It was a nice gesture but still a fairly steep ticket for a one division show.

Comment

This will be the 2nd highest paying show in the country this year. There is gonna be a **** ton of cars sign up and hopefully a big crowd!

Fingers crossed that the track prep is good and the show moves along smoothly

Comment

It looks like they've changed the pre registration deadlines. Early registration now goes to April 2 with late registration till April 25 with none accepted after that.
                    Spectator ticket sales to start Jan 18.

Comment

It looks like they've changed the pre registration deadlines. Early registration now goes to April 2 with late registration till April 25 with none accepted after that.
                      Spectator ticket sales to start Jan 18.
                      That sounds a lot better ... they might have been following on here

Comment

Ticket prices for Friday night double $5,000 to win event ...

$39.00 reserved, $34.00 reserved, and $29.00 for general admission.

Ticket prices for Saturday night $100,000 to win event ...

$49.00 reserved, $44.00 reserved, and $39.00 for general admission.

Comment

Saw that, honestly think those prices are in line with what this event is expected to be. Anyone who's anybody (that's not on outlaws) will be there. The site actually crashed last night due to heavy traffic at 8PM when the tickets opened so it's going to be a packed house.

Comment

I will gladly pay $50 to see a $100k to win show. Everyone should support this promoter for putting up that kind of money. I know the place has had issues but it has also had some good shows

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                              Saw that, honestly think those prices are in line with what this event is expected to be. Anyone who's anybody (that's not on outlaws) will be there. The site actually crashed last night due to heavy traffic at 8PM when the tickets opened so it's going to be a packed house.
                              Seems a little high to me (for each night) when comparing it to other bigger events that have similar or even higher purses whether it is a late model race or sprint car race, but he is a business man and trying to make a lot of money by having these big events.

For comparison ...

Friday night show is less than a typical WoO event purse so to me that seems a little high when you think about going to a WoO event whether it is at Attica, Eldora, Williams Grove, Knoxville, etc... where your paying not only the WoO purse, but also helping pay for the fees, tow money of getting the WoO to the event. Also in most cases except for the Brad Doty race at Attica you usually have another class or two which usually isn't that big of purse, but still gets paid out whether it is late models, mods, 305/360 sprints, street stocks, etc... Again they are likely going to have a lot of cars at this event so it won't disappoint the fans on car count or not having another class there.

WoO regular event ... $47,800 total purse ... Ticket prices vary depending on tracks.
                              Mansfield Friday event ... $44,000 total purse ... Ticket prices listed above in another post.
                              Mansfield Saturday event ... $200,500 total purse ... Ticket prices listed above in another post.

Saturday event is quite a bit higher ticket price compared to bigger events with bigger payouts such as the Kings Royal, World 100, Dream, etc... those are the type of events I attend so not sure on Knoxville, Port Royal, Williams Grove, or other tracks that have these huge events.

Kings Royal ... $38.00 reserved ... $34.00 general admission ... $321,000 total purse.
                              World 100 ... $44.00 reserved .... $40.00 general admission ... $425,000 total purse.
                              Dream ... $44.00 reserved .... $40.00 general admission ... $392,000 total purse.

I went there last night to the web site and looked at the seating chart so wondering if it has to do with the web site not being able to handle the load or what? Unless most people that bought tickets were only general admission tickets not many reserved tickets were purchased when you go to the site and look at individual seats for both nights.

I haven't bought my tickets yet ... probably wait till the race gets closer and see who is all attending before deciding to put that amount of my entertainment dollars down. If I go to this two events it will likely hurt my other racing activities around that date and time.

Comment

If you include the non qualifier event it's an additional $10,400 and then $150 to all people who fail to make either of those two events on saturday. I can't deny that the purse is more but I also don't think the Kings royal, for example, will have near as large of a car count as Mansfield will have. They usually get low-mid 50s at kings royal and I expect an additional 10-20 cars compared to that number. Another counterargument (not that this really matters that much) but the GA for Kings Royal is hillside only whereas at mansfield you're still on the front stretch toward either turn, and that's actually where I prefer to sit. I don't really want to compare to Late Models because late models get paid better across the board with their larger events especially. Most people buy GA to go there anyways, their all good seats at Mansfield don't need to have reserved their IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X