The Dirt Million

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dirt Million

With all the talk about the 100k to win 410 sprint show at Mansfield. What's everyone think about the dirt million and its unique format and ever growing purse?

https://dirtmillion.com/registration.html

I'm interested to see how it will go. It kinda reminds me of how I heard back in the day tracks would pay positions based off of the crowd. Like 5% to first etc. I'm a bit surprised to see if you don't make the feature at all you only get $100 but all the more reason to make the feature. I really hope it goes well and I think it's great that Lucas Oil is sanctioning the show. Gets some big names there for that run their series. I honestly do wonder though how many local (Northern OH) teams will race it. I'm betting only the top 10-12 teams will go from up in Attica/Wayne County/Hilltop because there just isn't a whole lot of depth until you get out a little ways. I expect to see the Carpenter, Conley, and a bunch of other southern drivers compete. Hopefully some of the top dogs in MI come down as well. It's gonna be a heck of race for sure. I'm certainly interested in going to it but my racing schedule will depend entirely on my work schedule as I should have every other weekend off.

I will add this. I know that Sommer is awarding provisionals for guys promoting the event by the my race points or whatever it was. But I personally feel like that could get a little out of hand and just lead to a wealthy team saying hey we'll put in this much money for our driver so he gets into the main event no matter what! I do like the popularity contest for the final provisional as it'll get a well liked driver in the show. I completely understand why he's doing the racer points provisionals as it will encourage the promotion of the event but not sure I agree with it. Would be cool to see some sponsors or local fans get behind one or two of our local drivers and try to get them that spot but I imagine much like other things in racing they'd still get outspent.

Comment

Car count should be good with all the big names for Eroc since the outlaws didn't schedule against it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
        Car count should be good with all the big names for Eroc since the outlaws didn't schedule against it.
        Glad you worry so much about me ...

Comment

Working...
        X