No announcement yet.

2018 Attica Raceway Park Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ventured over to Attica last night and the racing was fantastic. The 3 features were all excellent. I felt bad for Martin as he was clearly the guy to beat but that was ruined by the 35. I also felt bad for Kyle Moore in the late model feature as he also had th car to beat until Missler bobbled and hit him in the right front and broke the upper. Weaver was the class of the field in 305's and was able to seal the deal. 3rd time I've been to Attica this year and I can say they are the best at not wasting time and giving the fans a good quality show for their money.

Comment

• I viewed the video and saw the contact between Brubaker and Martin. I know how I missed it. My view was blocked by the water truck parked in the infield. The cars disappeared behind it at the moment of contact. My vantage point for the last few years has been from the first section on the turn 4 side of the flagstand. I wonder why ARP always parks a water truck under the scoreboard. This is the first time it blocked my view of something important. Rain blocked everybody's view at Fremont last nite. Summbitch!

Comment

• It was said that when another track in the country (not 100% sure which track, so I'm not going to throw out a name) had a very bad fire on a wreck a few years ago and the fire team was not properly equipped that John Bores the promoter at Attica would always leave a water truck in the infield for back up support if the fire team's equipment ran out of fire extinguisher liquid or foam. Not for sure that is accurate but I have seen the track crew at Attica put a hose & nozzle on the side of the truck in the past, so I bet this to be true. Safety over blocking a fan's view for a split second is okay in my book.

Comment

• Great racing Friday. Hard to beat the value of a local show at Attica.

Comment

• Originally posted by featurewinner View Post
            Safety over blocking a fan's view for a split second is okay in my book.
            OK in my book too. Never thought of using the water truck as back-up for the safety crew. That's why John Bores is a promotor and I'm a fan.

Comment

• What great show.. These all stars are a real deal compared to the last 3 yrs and it shows..Congratulations to Cale Conley.. Joey had it going too.. Good Race.. Lee Jacobs good run for you too.. Now where was the other Baker no.45 .. I thought he was the one that was supposed to run the all stars or is it the Baker that was there .. Confused on this .. Oh well good night of racing!!!

Comment

• #23 is the younger brother of the #45 baker. maybe he had to work or something. idk why he wasn't there tonight but I think his twitter said he was racing wcs and Lawrenceburg this weekend.

Comment

• Trevor hasn’t been running as much it seems since the Mansfield deal. Hasn’t been at Attica last two weeks.

Also, they decided before the points season started not to run all stars around same time max stambaugh decided not to.
                  2019 Race Counter: 22
                  Attica (8), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Just got text from friend they called it. Not shocked on amt rain that fell

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                      Just got text from friend they called it. Not shocked on amt rain that fell
                      All four Ohio tracks scheduled to race tonight have cancelled. Moler rescheduled for the 24th.
                      2019 Race Counter: 22
                      Attica (8), Fremont (4), Wayne Co. (2), Waynesfield (2), Lawrenceburg (1), Butler (2), Mansfield (1), Gas City (1), Eldora (1)

Comment

• Atomic already cancelled for tomorrow.

Comment

• This has been a very rough year for the Ohio tracks with the rain.

Comment

• Looks like the "pesky" Attica police might be shutting down because of their levy not passing this past week which they threaten to close the police department down at the end of the year. So those traveling to Attica next year going down the old cemetery road at 30mph might not get pulled over anymore not doing the 25mph speed limit. Not saying that the county police won't take over or be in that area looking for a quick buck though.
                            2019 Race Counter: 20
                            Tracks: Attica (3), Bubba (3), Eldora (5), Fremont (1), Mansfield (1), Sharon (1), Volusia (4), Waynesfield (1), Wayne County (1).
                            DirtVision: 23.
                            Speedshift: 20.
                            Rain: Way to many to even count already!!

Comment

• Just means state troopers will be thicker

Comment

• Its odd that Attica police officers are available to write nuisance speeding tickets before the races, but are unavailable to direct traffic after the race. The sheriff's deputies are only interested in keeping beer from going in or out of the gates. Clearly, both the police and sheriff's departments are at ARP to acquire revenue from racers and fans. Make no mistake, it will be business as usual for law enforcement at ARP in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X