Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim11h
    replied
    Toledo 13 at 5am today said high Friday 40. Friend said Attica has 3" snow today....... Magic 8 ball says better luck next time

Leave a comment:

• am0ti
    replied
    Hoping they race, im ready! Florida teased me.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Great thing about Attica is they will keep an eye on conditions and make the right call. They are very good about updating their info.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    It’s going to be very cold but I remember being there two years ago in similar conditions for opening night. If they race, car count for the 410s should be stellar. Dietrich expresses interest in running Ohio this weekend on Twitter. Should be good show and I imagine the fan count will still be very solid. Attica gets big crowds opening night from people just ready to watch a race.

Leave a comment:

• SAF92
    replied
    What forecasts are you looking at? Google weather and Weather channel are showings highs of 39 and 40 degrees. Down to 30 by 9pm... With that said I don't see them racing.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    Attica said an announcement will be made today. As of 12:20 pm, nothing official has been released. A prediction was requested, so here's mine. They race Friday night. Dress warmly. Drink plenty of coffee.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Not the start of spring everyone was hoping for.
    I will guess only the die hard fans will show up if in the 40s. Raising my hand for not wanting to sit out in that cold and I am pretty dedicated. I find spring cold very different from fall cold.]
    I will guess car count around 20 and less for lates.
    Actually seems more of a weather pattern I remember from years ago when racing didnt get off the ground until the end of April cause of temperatures and rain.
    Back then May would be prime.

Leave a comment:

• Food For Thought
    replied
    Most forecasts for Thursday and Friday show partly to mostly sunny and highs of 46– 48 degrees, despite today’s ( Wed. ) rain or snow showers. What’s everyone’s thinking about the possibility of racing Friday ? Estimated car counts ? If it hits 47-48 with sun, it’s unlikely it would drop below 33 degrees until well after the show was over. Hey, for now let’s not worry about Mansfield and talk up the possibility of this weekends opener.

Leave a comment:

• jtslingin
    replied
    Mini-Sprints will be better show then trucks.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    The National Weather Service website has predictions for 7 days that have been pretty accurate lately. Any farther out than that is a waste of time. Looks like the Bowling Green race car show is the place to go this weekend. Atomic next Friday? Probably going to be too cold to be enjoyable. Winter racing in Ohio isn't for me. I suppose if it's above freezing, ARP will race on the 23rd and I will be there.

Leave a comment:

• Mud Packer
    replied
    Looking at extended weather forecasts isn't something I even think about. They called for flurries here last night and we got over 2" in about two hours. They can't predict yesterday's weather much less two to three weeks out. The greatest job in the world. Totally wrong a majority of time and yet they still keep "forecasting".

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Looking at extended weather forecast, it does not look good until late April then lots of rain in predictions. Hopefully being Ohio we do get a change for nice spring weather to move in.
    The cold looks like it extends longer than normal this year.
    The cold in spring always feels colder to me than fall cold.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    Look at last year and duplicate unless 70 & Sunny with lows in mid 50's

Leave a comment:

• ErocWolverine
    replied
    Trevor Baker‏ @TRevPerformance
    2h2 hours ago

Fresh car for @atticaracewyprk season opener see you guys there.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by racemak View Post
    20 sprinters at Lincoln Ice Breaker. Chad Trout wins feature and $4000. Plenty of photos on Lincoln's Facebook page.
    Following along with it seemed like the top 3 contenders were pretty much knocked out early on when Lucas Wolfe broke and caused both Monteith and Dietrich to wreck as well. Congrats on his first 410 win. I honestly thought he already had one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X