Florida Races

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Races

I fell asleep watching race monitor before the A main but looks like there was quite a few cautions and that allowed for a lot of big charges throughout the field. The results are copied from the ASCoC site. Surprised to see Kemenah win this early on as the past few years he's been the model of consistency but had a total of I believe 5 wins? (4 All stars and 1 Outlaw at Fremont). Dave was moving well in the Pete Grove 70 as I expected and it seems like once things came feature time that Sheldon was moving pretty well. That third heat race was stacked, I mean Lucas Wolfe finished last and didn't wreck or anything.

I will say, got to see the new format come into play a bit with Trevor Baker and Tyler Clem's crashes. Tyler Clem crashed out but since he had one of the two fastest times (The other being Sheldon Haudenschild) who didn't transfer got to start second in B main. Baker I believe was 3rd or 4th fastest qualifier in the B main but with the format change he started 13th out of 15th in the B main. Sucks if you have bad luck but rewards those who did well racing. New format looks like it's going to work well IMO. Just don't wreck unless you were quick time.

1. 10H-Chad Kemenah [17]; 2. 14-Tony Stewart [2]; 3. 70-Dave Blaney [13]; 4. 4-Parker Price-Miller [1]; 5. 21-Carson Short [3]; 6. 2C-Wayne Johnson [19]; 7. 27-Greg Hodnett [15]; 8. 95-Hunter Mackison [23]; 9. 17S-Sheldon Haudenschild [21]; 10. 17-Caleb Helms [11]; 11. M1-Mark Smith [6]; 12. 24-Rico Abreu [5]; 13. 2M-Kerry Madsen [7]; 14. 13-Paul McMahan [9]; 15. 44-Trey Starks [18]; 16. 48-Danny Dietrich [14]; 17. 14T-Tyler Clem [24]; 18. 5M-Max Stambaugh [12]; 19. 18-Ian Madsen [4]; 20. 51-John Garvin [22]; 21. 14G-Coleman Gulick [16]; 22. 1080-Jordan Mackison [20]; 23. 49X-Tim Shaffer [8]; 24. 7K-Cale Conley [10]

Lap Leaders: Parker Price-Miller [1-21]; Chad Kemenah [22-30].

Comment

Comment

Sounds like it rubbered up pretty bad last night. Saw a picture and it looked like an asphalt track.

Comment

I saw a picture of last night's 4-wide parade lap. There's a big blue oval on Tony's wing. Is there a Ford motor between the frame rails? I kind of hope not. If Schatz has a Ford, all the other WoO motors may be obsolete by midseason.

Comment

Sponsorship doesn't equal whats under the car. Saw that with the TSR last year. Don't really care what they're running TBA. But whatever Stewart is doing he looks much much more comfortable than he did all of last season. Last year Smoke didn't do a whole lot all year but seems he's more comfortable being back in the sprint car this season.

Comment

Great win tonight for Sheldon amazing through the lapped traffic.

Comment

What I found interesting was that the grandstand prices were $35 adults for $5000 to win. Everyone complains up here about paying $22 to $25.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    What I found interesting was that the grandstand prices were $35 adults for $5000 to win. Everyone complains up here about paying $22 to $25.
                    People will charge what the fans will be willing to Pay. It's in the dead of winter up north so more people will be willing to pay it. Simple supply and demand. Now what is funny in my opinion, Attica had a higher average car count than Bubba did last weekend. If there were either a few more cars or a lessened price may have watched a race on SpeedShift but with Volusia's being cheaper and probably going to have quite a few more cars I'm not willing to do that.

I didn't see the highlights of last night but I will say that the first night looked like it was some very good racing with Kemenah's hard charge and sounded like it was the same last night from looking at the results sheet. Night two was paved though.

Comment

Comment

Schatz wins another race with Ford sponsorship and Chevy power. Will Schatz switch to Ford in mid season?

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                          Schatz wins another race with Ford sponsorship and Chevy power. Will Schatz switch to Ford in mid season?
                          Stewart talked about this the other day and said they are working on it and he will likely be the "guinea pig" when they do it. Said Ford isn't throwing money at this and hope it works and they are working on it slowly to try and get it right to where they not only do well for their team, but a lot of people down the line at some point.

Comment

I think Eroc hit the nail on the head. Makes no sense to take the chance with Schatz running the engine mid season. Tony racing it himself prior to Schatz would provide valuable input without the risk of potentially losing the WoO championship.

Comment

Schatz wins again. It's time for some clarification on the motor deal. Ford powered sprinters are rare. Darrell Stimeling's hauler said "When the tailgate drops, the heartbeat stops." Chevy was the "Heartbeat of America" at the time and Stimeling drove the only Ford at the Sharon Nationals. Sprint car racing needs Ford. Come on Tony. Forget the T-shirts and get those Ford motors running.

Comment

Working...
                              X