Hilltop vs. Attica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilltop vs. Attica

Will Drown, Markham, and the other Wayne County latemodels switch to Hilltop?

No

Comment

What is the purse of both tracks for these divisions?

Comes down to about three things ... competition, purse/to win, and distance.

Here is Attica purse ... Glad to see it a little better, but would like to see it 1,500 to win and 200 to start, but again I am not paying the purse besides going to these events.
      1 $1,200 $-
      2 $700 $-
      3 $500 $-
      4 $400 $-
      5 $325 $60
      6 $275 $60
      7 $250 $60
      8 $225 $60
      9 $200 $60
      10 $180 $60
      11 $160 $60
      12 $160 $60
      13 $160 $60
      14 $160 $60
      15 $160 $60
      16 $160 $60
      17 $160 $60
      18 $160 $60
      19 $160 $60
      20 $160 $60
      Total $5,855 $960
      Tow Money $- $40

Comment

HOLLY S--- I agree with EROC on this one it should be $1,500 to win and $200 to start, and paying the same money for 11th thru 20th is a disgrace why bother to run the whole race if you are in any of those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
          HOLLY S--- I agree with EROC on this one it should be $1,500 to win and $200 to start, and paying the same money for 11th thru 20th is a disgrace why bother to run the whole race if you are in any of those positions.
          I don't have the answer, but maybe they take that extra money from the B-Main and put it on the feature as well since they rarely have over 20-24 late models for normal shows.

Agree with the 200 and go up even if it is only 5-10 dollars per position so at least it feels like your making a little more money and as you said if your in 10th position on back you might as well pull it in the pits to save fuel, tires, and equipment for the next race event.

Comment

I heard Hilltop was going to have a bigger weekly purse than Attica currently pays. Generally speaking, don't latemodels cost more to race than sprints?

Comment

Looks like Atticas payoff is the same as last year's payoff at Hilltop.
              Hilltop has not put out much info from looking at their website.
              Maybe they will update soon cause i think their season starts in March.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                I heard Hilltop was going to have a bigger weekly purse than Attica currently pays. Generally speaking, don't latemodels cost more to race than sprints?
                Will be interesting to see how the late model division works out at both places, but especially for Attica (at least for me) since I visit them more places than anywhere. They seem to struggle to get a full field for a lot of races or seemingly trying to get more late models to the track. Hoping the increase purse helps a little bit along with some of the bigger shows at the track as well.

Is Hilltop a UMP track? That could be a difference as well for some of the late models drivers/teams.

Not sure why a late model would cost more besides beating out sheet metal on panels or replacing them?

I mean a late model rarely flips over even though it seems to happen at Attica quite a few times for some reason and they don't have to worry as much for damaging the frames and other key components (wings, axles) that seem to happen on a sprint car on a regular basis.

Comment

I read somewhere that a new Rocket chassis is $40,000. Isn't that a lot more than a sprint car? I suspect that a 410 motor has to be refreshed more often than a latemodel motor. Latemodel body parts get damaged whenever the car races. It probably costs more to constantly replace body parts than to occasionally replace a sprint car wing. Neither is cheap. How does anyone make money racing? Heck, how does anyone break even?

Comment

Markham will stay at attica but drown is up in the air. Hes got a longhorn chassis and running his own #12 car this year at big shows. Not sure what Leroy hall is doing with the 240 cars or if drown and Duncan will both be driving them. Hornickel will most likely favor hilltop and I would say matt irey may also if the moneys better. irey hasn't been happy with attica since they cancelled the banquet the year he won the points because the 410 champion couldn't make it. #14 jr gentry will definetly be a hilltop regular. #59 bellman could go either way but hes ran a lot of hilltop in the past. I don't think hilltop is ump but im not sure how attica is getting any other cars for being ump. rusty is going traveling this year so I don't remember to many serious ump point runners ever coming to attica last few years regulary besides him. Also attica gets a lot of crate motor cars that may drive over to hilltop to try it out since hilltop is small an banked enough you can win with a crate motor. tyler carpenter has done it before. interesting year for latemodels.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                      I read somewhere that a new Rocket chassis is $40,000. Isn't that a lot more than a sprint car? I suspect that a 410 motor has to be refreshed more often than a latemodel motor. Latemodel body parts get damaged whenever the car races. It probably costs more to constantly replace body parts than to occasionally replace a sprint car wing. Neither is cheap. How does anyone make money racing? Heck, how does anyone break even?
                      96-98 % of local ‘ regional racers lose money. Believe me. Been there many times, done that many times.

Comment

Late Models biggest cost from what I've heard in interviews and podcasts are the hundred different shocks they use on each tire. From what I have heard it's costly in the suspension and downforce department and that the costs are less contained than in sprints.

Also, Here is Hilltops purse from LAST year for comparison. And on Hilltop's site it says they allow American Racer tires so no not a UMP track. Also supported by that they aren't listed on DirtCar site as a UMP track.

Pay Out

$1200

$700

$500

$400

$300

$250

$220

$200

$180

$170

$160 to start

Comment

Racers want to race on nice race tracks. Hilltop is a $hithole so they will still have low car counts imo

Comment

to start with a fresh brand new race ready car a 410 and a late model are about the same price

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
                              to start with a fresh brand new race ready car a 410 and a late model are about the same price
                              Maybe it's time to raise the purse for weekly latemodel racing. I'm willing to give up the $2 discount ARP gives me for being old if they use the money to increase the LM purse. Hilltop is not as nice a facility as Attica or Fremont, can't argue there. I saw sprints there only once. Derek Hager won. Both Hauds were there and maybe Danny Smith. Can't remember the year and I don't remember any ARP/Fremont regulars in the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X