Hilltop vs. Attica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racemak View Post

Maybe it's time to raise the purse for weekly latemodel racing. I'm willing to give up the $2 discount ARP gives me for being old if they use the money to increase the LM purse. Hilltop is not as nice a facility as Attica or Fremont, can't argue there. I saw sprints there only once. Derek Hager won. Both Hauds were there and maybe Danny Smith. Can't remember the year and I don't remember any ARP/Fremont regulars in the show.
    I searched it up and found this on google, sounds like the race you were referring too.
    By: Jessica Mardis
    The holiday weekend was filled with racing action, running on Friday, July 4, this week, Hilltop Speedway was proud to welcome the 410 Sprints for a $3,500 special, along with an increased purse for all other divisions. With 75 drivers in the pits and the grandstands packed with fans, the racing action was underway.
    Welcoming to Hilltop Speedway for the first time this season, was the 410 Sprints for their $3,500 to win special. With a 20-car field, it was Brad Haudenschild setting fast time with a 13.879. After inverting the top twelve qualifiers, each of the three heat race wins went to Derek Hagar, Brock Martin, and Sheldon Haudenschild.
    Bringing the field to the start of their 25-lap feature event, it was Derek Hagar and Lee Jacobs setting on the front row. Out front was Hagar, however, the “Wild Child” Jack Haudenschild was right on his bumper, challenging lap after lap for the top spot. As the battle for top spot continued, working his way quietly up through the field to third from his ninth place starting position was Sheldon Haudenschild. As the checkered flag flew, it was Marion, Arkansas’s, Derek Hagar picking up the $3,500 win, followed by Jack Haudenschild, third to hard charger Sheldon Haudenschild, fourth to Danny Holtgraver, and fifth to Tim Shaffer.

Comment

Good job GT! That's the race. When I go to Hilltop, it's to see different cars. Mission accomplished on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
        Racers want to race on nice race tracks. Hilltop is a $hithole so they will still have low car counts imo
        ding ding ding!!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!

Comment

It depends what time you want to go home might be a factor.
          I think Hilltop ran 7 or 8 classes last year.
          Made a terribly late night the last time I went. Left early and so did a lot of the crowd. Hilltop needs to drop down to 4 classes. Run an efficient show and make other improvements.
          When they do this they will pick up more cars and fans.
          Hilltop seems to attract a different type of crowd than Attica and Wayne county.
          Hilltop has the potential it just hasn't happened. It seemed to be headed the right way when first reopened.

Comment

Race ready all new LM will run you $80k -90k. New chassis roller roughly 40 new top motor 40-45, refresh every 1000-1200 laps. As for chassis damage, god made port a power and jigs and tape measure for reason as long as behind suspension mounts

Comment

Unfortunately car prices went up while track payoffs stagnated or decreased. Sponsors disappeared or decreased. General population of racers disposable income definitely decreased.
              So car shortage and so many tracks makes for a new game. More money into purse and less classes makes me willing to pay more at the gate to see a quick run quality show.
              Hilltop charges $10 at grandstand. They could increase admission and put some money into purse or improvements.
              I live closer to Hilltop than the other tracks but drive by them to go to others.
              They need to make a lot of changes for me not to drive by.

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                Racers want to race on nice race tracks. Hilltop is a $hithole so they will still have low car counts imo
                I agree with RYAN5R. Some track operators have watched the movie “ Field of Dreams “ too many times ( if you build it they will come ). They think “ if you open the gates they will come “. As the years go by in this sport, the tracks which have a well kept facility, a well maintained track surface , and who PROMOTE, will survive, and the others will struggle, or worse.

Comment

I go to Hilltop a couple times a year. The racing there is usually fantastic and the stands are always full. I don't think it's a shithole at all. Sure it doesn't have the nicest restrooms or concession stand but I don't go to the races to observe the concessions or restrooms. Buck is making improvements at Hilltop but the one thing that don't need change is the track itself it provides good racing. Before you all complain about the dust from 10 years ago it's not like that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                    I go to Hilltop a couple times a year. The racing there is usually fantastic and the stands are always full. I don't think it's a shithole at all. Sure it doesn't have the nicest restrooms or concession stand but I don't go to the races to observe the concessions or restrooms. Buck is making improvements at Hilltop but the one thing that don't need change is the track itself it provides good racing. Before you all complain about the dust from 10 years ago it's not like that anymore.
                    When I get tired of dust, I go to a Norwalk Dragway or a pavement track. That sprint race I saw at Hilltop was pretty good. Thanks to GT, now I can remember that Hagar and Jac put on a great show in the feature. I remember a very good modified race at Hilltop won by Jessie Wisecarver. I also remember sitting through a lot of children racing mini wedges.

Comment

Working...
                    X